“Lovely place in a great location”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've been to Napa many time, and had always stayed in St. Helena or Calistoga. I was very pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place so close to San Francisco. Everything about the hotel was top-notch. We're SPG Platinum this year, so we were lucky enough to get a suite. Nice! Separate bedroom, full kitchen, dining area and living room, with two baths.

Evening wine tasting and snacks are complimentary, there's a heated outdoor pool and a big spa. We didn't get to eat at La Toque, but the reviews of it are very good.

We did walk to the little food mall/gift shop just a few dozen yards from the hotel. Hog Island Oyster Co. is one of our favorites and we were thrilled to be able to have their remarkably good clam chowder and a couple of dozen oysters.

If you want to venture father away, you can easily walk to several very good restaurants or storefront wine shops where you can spend the whole afternoon tasting wines.

There's a $10 amenities fee, which usually annoys me, but this one included valet parking so I thought it was well worth it.

Heartily recommended.

2  Thank SusanX
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

SusanX:

Thank you for the great review not only about our hotel but about the entire Downtown Napa area. You mentioned the Oxbow Market (food mall/gift shop) which is one of my favorite places in the entire valley. It’s filled with all kinds of different culinary experiences and one of my favorites is Hog Island Oyster company. They have some of the best sea food and shell fish you can find and all at a reasonable price.

The other great thing that most people don’t realize about the downtown area is that although we do not have direct sight to any of the 400+ vineyards, we do have about 20 different tasting rooms. Many of them offer single vineyard and hard to find Napa wines.

Lastly, I’m glad you mentioned our resort amenity fee that ranges from $10 to $20 per night. This is something that is actually very beneficial to most guests as it does include many different amenities including but not limited to, valet parking, wired and wireless internet, the pool area, our fitness studio and more.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

An absolutely fantastic luxury hotel with world-class accommodation and service. The room was equipped with a full kitchen including a dishwasher and was quite simply staggering in its sumptuousness. Value for money was also good when you consider the level of luxury on offer.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob H

Rob H:

Thank you for the incredible review and feedback for all of our future guests and TripAdvisor readers. We know that there are a lot of options when coming to stay in the Napa Valley and we really love to hear about the great experiences our guests have when staying with us and experience what our area has to offer.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you on your next trip across the pond.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Westin we felt welcome and special - friendly helpful attentive staff. Very clean comfortable and spacious rooms - excellent bed with loads of. pillows and extra (clean) blankets. Modern bathroom with great shower. Easy stroll to all attractions and downtown Napa. Loved staying there - highly recommended. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello Louise S:

Thank you for the perfect review and great feedback for our readers and our Westin team. It sounds like you had a great trip, a perfect room and really enjoyed your time in the hotel and around Napa.

We hope that you find your way back to Napa sooner than later and we’d love to have you back at the hotel.

We’ll look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Westin Verasa is a great hotel. They have everything you possibly need from a pool to a Michelin recommended restaurant, La Toque. Valet is included as part of the amenities which is awesome after a long day of touring wineries. The hotel has some great views of downtown Napa and the Napa River. The best part of the hotel is the location. Conveniently located right next to Oxbow District, the Napa Wine train, and it is a hop and a skip away from downtown Napa. A lot of hotel guests would walk the 5 minute stroll from the hotel to Oxbow to get their morning coffee. Lastly, the hotels breakfast is pretty awesome and healthy!

2  Thank Ozzie M

Hello Omeza:

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback and suggestions for all of our TripAdvisor readers and future guests. One of my favorite places in the town of Napa is Ritual Coffee at the Oxbow market but for a great, delicious and healthy breakfast, Bank Café is a perfect choice.

I know it is a long trip but we’ll hope to have you back sooner than later.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great stay, the staff was helpful with both dinner reservations and knowledge of the Napa vineyards/attractions. The room was as expected, clean and very comfortable.

We ate at the restaurant and the wine pairing menu was exceptional... way beyond my ability to distinguish, regardless, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional...

Finally, the location is ideal. I walked to downtown and back a couple of times without any problems.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello Philip G:

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback for us and all of our TripAdvisor readers. It sounds like you enjoyed a meal at La Toque, which is one of the best restaurants in the Napa Valley and the only Michelin starred restaurant in the town of Napa.

It sounds like a great trip and we’ll look forward to hosting you again on your next trip out West.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I booked this hotel Feb.1 for my boyfriend weekend getaway birthday. I paid for a deluxed room via Expedia but during check in I was given a small room for according to the representative the hotel was fully booked! The room was indeed small with no little kitchenette and living room that I paid for. I was so disappointed for my reservation was non-refundable that I will never go back to this hotel. I have to say the property is nice with walking distance to the Oxbow market and other restaurants. I usually go to Napa, Calistoga area a couple times a year and stayed at hotels that actually gives you the room that you pay for.

1  Thank RN2GO925

Hello RN2GO925:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor readers and I apologize for the error that occurred during your check in process. It’s never ok when you are given something less than you paid for, and even more so when you coming for such a special occasion. I will be speaking with my team to ensure that your experience is not repeated and that any and all corrections are made.

I know that I can’t take back the negative part of your experience here at the Westin, but when you find yourself back in the Napa area I would love the opportunity have you experience our property again and I will ensure that any future stays are much more in line with your expectations.

We hope to be able to host you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I typically stay in cheap motels as I've never found the costs of fancy hotels to be worth it. That was before I stayed at the Westin Verasa. I've stayed at several Westin hotels before (notably had a bad experience in the San Francisco Westin) and have always been put off by the cold staff and lack of warmth. The Westin Verasa is the exception to the case.

From the moment we drove up to long after we checked out and stayed for dinner, the employees at the Verasa were unbelievably kind, courteous and warm. Jacob at the front desk especially went above and beyond for us. Our reservations were screwed up because of Expedia (no fault of the hotel's) and Jacob took care of everything for us. We literally didn't have to do anything thanks to Jacob. Most hotels would have just given us a sympathetic look and told us to call Expedia but not Jacob. He was very kind and we greatly appreciated it.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite complete with a patio and it was a gorgeous, comfortable room. One of the downsides of having a fancy hotel room is that you don't want to go out, and we were so comfortable in the suite that it was hard to leave even for the many considerable charms of Napa. The bed was a big King bed that was ridiculously comfortable. Plenty of pillows and blankets. The room also had a kitchen with silverware, microwave, coffee maker, sink and mini-fridge. The bathroom was HUGE and the shower was excellent.

The Verasa has a concierge who can help you with whatever your needs are. I saw other reviews that said they have a car service. When I asked about it, they said that they were revamping their service to have more cars so it was unavailable at the time. But we were able to call taxis who were equally nice. Be warned that if you're trying to call a taxi on a Saturday night, you'll have to wait longer due to how busy they all are so give yourself extra time when calling one.

The pool and hot tub were clean and fine, though the hot tub wasn't terribly hot. That was likely due to the fact that they just turned it up for the season.

The lobby/bar area becomes quite a hotspot in the evenings so if you're looking to mingle, you don't have to go too far.

We had an exceptional weekend in Napa thanks to the Verasa and its lovely staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilMissTraveler
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

LilMiss Traveler:

Thank you for the awesome review and all the great feedback for us and our TripAdvisor readers. We love to hear about the great experiences our guests have and I will thank the entire team for a job well done but I will specifically reach out to Jacob on your behalf. This sounds like a great trip and although there was a slight mistake with the booking I’m glad that Jacob was able to make everything work and the trip went on without a hitch.

I am in the same boat and agree that there are times that hotel rooms can get a bit expensive, but that being said it’s always nice to spoil yourself every once and awhile.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back on your next trip up from Southern California.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!