“Just don't stay in 3062”

The Westin Verasa Napa
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Just don't stay in 3062”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very nice hotel, great location, great staff; however, don't stay in 3062. I had to listen to the elevators all night long and I had a sound machine. I was there for a meeting and was very impressed with how they handled it.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in 3062
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello Dljhk:

Thank you for the great review and both the pros and cons of your stay. More than anything I would like to apologize with the issues you experienced in room 3062. I do believe that the noise that you experienced earlier last month has now been remedied and I apologize that you had this experience during your visit.

I know on your next trip up everything will be much better and I hope your able to make it back sooner than later.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed only a couple nights. The overall staff was very friendly & helpful. Rooms clean and Westin standards.

Breakfast (the food) was very good in the restaurant although that's where they are lacking in a qualified host(ess).

The only negative was their "wine tasting". Don't bother.

Would & will stay again--very generous ownership.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Dfwboi:

Thank you for the great review and for sharing a couple of different aspects of your stay with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It sounds like a wonderful trip and I will pass along both the positives and the areas for improvement to our hotel/food & beverage teams.

We’ll hope to see you back again sooner than later.

Duarte, CA
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed two nights in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The rooms were very nice and the kitchen allowed us to relax with breakfast before going wine tasting. The kitchen had a dishwasher but only one soap packet for washing and no dish washing soap or paper or dish towels. Although across the street from the wine train station, the rooms were very quiet at night. The hotel appeared to be fully booked and there were a lot of people at their bar and restaurant, so service was slow at times. There was complimentary wine tasting in the lobby from 5-7pm nightly. They only have valet parking but the service was fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank verda
Hello Verda:

Thank you for the great review and for sharing your feedback with all of our TripAdvisor readers. The 2 bedroom suites are by far my favorite room type and it sounds like you used it to its fullest and had a great time relaxing here in wine country.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself and rooms were great. It would be nice if the suites had napkins or paper towels in the kitchen, a little strange that nothing was supplied. The lobby restaurant was definitely over priced. I thought it was very tacky that we were charged for lobby coffee each morning. Especially, considering the rates. This should be complimentary to all guests.

Valet team was fantastic, very attentive. The complimentary evening wine tastings were fun and very neat.

Stayed May 2014
Hello Tnconnel:

Thank you for taking the time to share a little bit about your experience with all of our TripAdvisor readers and more than anything for giving us both positive feedback and some areas for improvement. We like to hear both sides of the guest’s perspective and I will do my best to remedy the couple of concerns that you mentioned.

I have spoken to the housekeeping team, and although the room is not stocked with paper towels or napkins we do have both available by request. I will also be speaking with the food and beverage team about what other options might be available to our guests other than to charge for our lobby coffee.

Lastly, thank you for the great feedback about the valet team and our Unwind Ritual every evening.

We’ll hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Westin Verasa Napa is actually located in the city of Napa. Depending on your point of view that could be a good or bad thing. There's lots of construction in downtown Napa and the wineries are located further to the north. Don't write it off yet, you can ride the Wine Train to your destinations.

Rooms are nice and clean consistent with most good Westin hotels. Service is fine but if you're looking for luxury and a spa experience then stay somewhere else like in Yountville. There is a pool which is decent but nothing special.

I feel this is a good hotel for those that want a nice, clean hotel on little more of a budget and prefer spending their time at the wineries and vineyards. If you want to splurge for full service luxury, stay at another luxury hotel up the road.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Deprivation:

Thank you so much for detailed feedback and both your positive experiences and the areas you felt could be improved upon. We take both very seriously and although it can be tough to hear sometimes your thoughts will be used to make any necessary improvements.

Although there is a bit of work currently in and around the Downtown Napa area, with in the next few months there will be some amazing transformations that will make this area revitalized. A huge new park and pedestrian trails are being built from the hotel to Downtown Napa. That then transitions to a new pedestrian mall area that will take Napa to the next level.

I hope you are able to give us another chance sometime next year and we’ll look forward to hearing from you then.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I visited Napa, adding a much-needed vacation to a business trip he had planned. His company paid for him to have a suite for one night and we decided to book another evening on top of that, using our own $. We arrived and Alana Cox at the front desk went out of her way to make our visit that much more wonderful by giving us a complimentary upgrade. She upgraded us so we wouldn't have to switch rooms after one night and so we could have a nicer room the entire time we were there (and I think she is just a nice person!) We ended up getting the most beautiful room, overlooking the saltwater pool. It was such a nice surprise and so great of the concierge to do this for us. I'm in my 27th week of pregnancy and staying in that beautiful room was more than a treat!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool. It's a gorgeous view of the hills of Napa, as well as the beautiful po...
Green Features: Even though we opted out of housekeeping, a person came around to ask if we needed anything. It's nice to know that all that detergent isn't being wasted on unnecessary housekeeping.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kris W
Hello Kris W:

Thank you for the incredible review and I will pass along your wonderful feedback to Alana and the rest of the team. We love to hear about great guest experiences and it sounds like you and your husband were able to mix a little business with pleasure to end up have a great Napa experience.

Thank you so much and we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

Leonding, Austria
Reviewed 5 May 2014

we stayed at one of suites but other than large nothing spectacular, big kitchen but not equipped for cooking (unless you call heating up things in a microwave cooking) and very traditional and not quite cozy or friendly furnishings. nice big bathtub and shower. the hotel has a policy they call 'green...' and for 5 $ less a day they don't change sheets, but also don't clean the room (?). Well.
The bar-bistro serves mediocre food, but the waiter was very attentive. there is an additional resort fee charged, which was new to us - I mean what for? We had buffet breakfast for the conference and that was very average and typical american. It worked for the conference, but I wouldn't book it so much for a romantic trip.

Green Features: I could live with a policy of not exchanging sheets and towels, but is making the bed part of being environmental friendly??
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Barbarabner:

Thank you for the taking the time to provide us a review of your stay with us last month and I’d like to apologize for the concerns that you brought up in your review. I appreciate your honest feedback about your room, the food and the overall feel of the hotel and I will be passing along your thoughts to the team. Most importantly I want to ensure you that we take all feedback very seriously and we will be looking at your thoughts in more depth.

I would like to confirm that we try to make sure that each rooms has everything available to our guests for any cooking needs that may come up, and that each room is equipped with a full set of pots, pans, cookware, plates and cups. If your room was not to this level please feel free to contact me back and I would be glad to look at this.

Lastly, it sounds like the resort amenity fee wasn’t described to you very well during your visit because in the end it typically works out in favor of the guest. The services included are valet, wireless internet, shuttle service on weekends, the gym, pool and all work out facilities, the business center, just to name a few.

Thanks again and if you have any further information please feel to reach out to me and I would be glad to assist.

nbaslaw@westinnapa.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,285 reviews

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!