“Easy in Napa”

The Westin Verasa Napa
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is one of the smaller Westin properties that I've ever been to. Check in, housekeeping, and rooms are all as excellent as you would expect them to be. Our desk agent was terrific and I apologize for not remembering her name.

The facility is custom made for Napa. It has a large bar that features local wine. The public space is inviting. It was a great pleasure to come back to the hotel from a tough day of vineyard touring and get into the large hot pool (you can't call this a tub, it is the size of most full size swimming pools).

We never ate at the facility, it's in Napa! The famous Model Bakery is right down the street and it is an easy walk into Old Downtown Napa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Westin Verasa Napa

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin in Napa. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff from the front desk to the people working at the bar and each time I had to call the front desk with another question I liked that they knew the name of our 'party' as it added a personal, friendly touch to our stay. We were delighted to learn that we had an upgraded room which we found to be spotless, had a comfortable bed with high quality linens. The location of the hotel was great for walking or running. Loved that it was so close to downtown which has really come alive since we last visited Napa manyyears ago. We'd stay there again the next time we visit Napa.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is nice and clean and sits right in the heard of Napa. It is in walking distance to lots of food, shopping and nightlife. There is a really good diner a little over a mile away for breakfast called the “black Bear Diner”. We drove here every morning and really enjoyed the breakfast.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. We had a two-bedroom suite which had a full living room, a full kitchen and two full bathrooms which was a nice perk. The hotel had complimentary wine tastings.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone coming to Napa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A great place to stay for your visit to Napa. You know what you are going to get at a Westin, great amenities and service. Has a nice touch of style that doesn't make it feel like a chain. Great location in downtown Napa as you can walk to restaurants (and wine train is right across the street). Wineries are not within walking distance though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We just got back from a 5 day trip in Napa where we stayed at the Westin. We have been to Napa Valley numerous times but this is the first time we have stayed at the Westin. We did stay on points which was great as it saved us a lot of money to spend on wines. I thought the hotel was very nice and the service was great. The Valet and bell man were very courteous and gave us local favorites spots for Breakfast. It is also located pretty close to Silverado Trail which makes it easy to get up and down Napa Valley. We did not get upgraded to one of the suite rooms which would of been nice but our hotel room was as expected and worked just fine for us. The location is great as you can walk right next door and go to Oxbow market which has a lot of different places to eat. I do think this is a great hotel but not the same boutique experience you will get at some of the other local hotels like Villagio in Yountville. I personally like the location of Yountville to be the best as it seems to be in the middle of everything and makes drive time less. All in all this is a great hotel and we had a great time.

1  Thank mdr9
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hello Mdr9:

Thanks for the great review and awesome feedback for us and all our TripAdvisor readers. It sounds like a great trip and although I think there a lot of advantages to staying in the Downtown Napa area with regards to walkability and variety of restaurants, I agree with you that Yountville is a little more centrally.

I will pass a long your kind words to all of our front office team and next time you find yourself traveling to our area we’ll hope to see you again, especially if you have some extra points to use.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times and it is solid and consistent. The staff is very well trained and friendly. The facilities (pool, gym, bar, restaurant) are all very good and the rooms range from nice standard rooms to excellent large sized suites that you can basically live in (dining room tables, full kitchens, 2 bathrooms etc).

The location is great if you plan to visit wineries in lower part of the valley either on Hwy 29 or the Silverado trail. But a bit of a haul to do wine tasting in Calistoga, Sonoma or Healdsburg. Being walking distance to both Oxbow market (a must visit) and old downtown Napa are big plusses. Its about a 20-30 minute drive to the great restaurants in Yountville or St Helena.

My only knock on the place is that they use those in room thermostats that have motion sensors, so in the middle of the night we always wake up hot despite setting the room for a cool temp for sleeping. I know that its all about saving energy but when I’m paying over $300 a night for a room, sleep is at the top of my list. Plan to open the windows and keep the circulation fan on all night, it will help.

Overall, recommended.

Room Tip: Walk to Oxbow market for breakfast at C-casa and get a cup of coffee from Ritual.

Hello Traveler138KR:

Thank you for all the great feedback and your location description is better than I could ever say and I 100% agree the Oxbow is a must visit if you’re ever in Downtown Napa.

In regards to your thoughts on the thermostats, I would 100% agree that guest service, comfort and sleep are our top priorities and for those reason we have disabled the motion sensors that control the thermostats. All guest room thermostats are controlled 100% by the guest and we are working on alternatives to the motion sensor system.

I know it doesn’t change any previous stays but we’ll hope to see you again some time soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Does the warmest and most friendly service possible impress you? From the moment Tim Dack greeted us at check in, we were treated like royalty! Meeting Tim was a highlight of our trip. He noted we are Starwood Preferred Guests (the SPG club is available to anyone, sign up for free) arranged for us to enter our suite immediately even through we were an early check-in, and even brought chocolates, a split of champagne, and a lovely card signed by the staff to our room. What a way to spend an anniversary! Tim had excellent tips regarding were to dine (do try Pearl) and tasting bars within easy walking distance. By the time we checked out, I found myself thinking of him as family...the kind one savors visiting! Do look for Tim at the front desk and make of point of saying "Hello." Your stay will be enriched by his warmth and impeccable service.
The positive aspects of the Westin Verasa are innumerable! The location on the riverbank is stunning (do ask of a room with a river view), it is a short stroll to the Oxbow Market (foodie heaven), and directly across the street from the depot which services the wine train. Trains run only for lunch and dinner. There is no issue of train noise when sleeping. A wine reception is held every evening between 5:00 and 7:00 PM. On 6/18 Fogline was pouring three wines and a plate of warm roasted eggplant bruschetta was offered in front of the candle lit fireplace. The lovely patio opens to the salt water pool and bocce ball courts. The grounds are dog friendly and several pet waste stations are available. Formal and informal dinning options are available on site and suites include fully stocked kitchenettes. Walking down to the farmers market and returning to feast on the local delights while enjoying the view from your private balcony is a treat not to be missed. If you over indulge, there is a clean and sunny workout room with treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, etc. where damage control can be under taken. Valet parking will safely keep your car in the covered garage area and have directs, maps, smiles at the ready. It seems that the staff at the Westin truly enjoy their jobs, take pride in their hotel, and want you to have a memorable stay.
We found only two slight drawbacks during our stay. Sadly, the walls are thin. Voices from the hall and adjoining rooms are plainly heard. My husband is a very sound sleeper but awoke several times as neighboring parties arrived in the wee hours. Plumbing noises, showers and flushing, are also rather loud. Secondly, house keeping while very friendly, is not fully doing their duty. It may seem a small matter to have to call for replacement of burnt out light bulbs, sheets for the fold out bed where my husband selected to nap, and to wipe what I hope to high Heavens was just dried yogurt from the sofa but these are things a good house keeping staff does BEFORE the guests arrive. These are not issues an alert house keeper who takes pride in the establishment simply misses. Housekeeping also needs to attend to the dark stains on the carpet and chair cushions. Do try an Oxy cleaner, a stiff nylon brush and a white rag. You'll be amazed at the results. A little gel or liquid stainer will touch up the worn and water damaged spots on the bathroom vanity clearly visible from a seated position in the tub. While your hotel sees a high patron volume, it is far too young to be looking shabby. Nicks on tile and furtinut4e can be endured. Signals that cleaning was not properly handled are unnerving. Our room was 1021. do walk over and note the stains by the front bathroom and bedroom closet. Perhaps it is time to allot one or two housekeeping members who display attention to detail to "deep cleaning duty." Your guests will thank you with positive reviews and repeat business.
We look forward to returning to Napa and the Westin Verasa. The positives far out weight the minor annoyances.

Room Tip: Rooms on the River Bank have the best views.
1  Thank mbisme
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hello mbisme:

Thank you for the incredible review and providing so much great information to us and all of our TripAdvisor readers/future guests. While 90% of your feedback was great I will be focusing on improving the last 10%. I will be speaking to my engineering team about the potential issues with thin walls and/or rooms with connecting doors. More often than not it could be the latter, which your room did have.

I have also passed along all your feedback about your room to our Housekeeping management team. Having some of the cleanest rooms in the Westin brand is one of our signatures and something I will be following up on.

Last, but certainly not least I will be thanking Tim on your behalf. Your feedback is great to hear and I’m confident he’ll be very thankful.

Thank you again and we can’t wait to have you back again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!