“Magnificent Birthday Surprise!”

Balloons Above the Valley
Ranked #2 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband surprised me with a weekend trip to Napa for my birthday/Mother's Day. He wouldn't tell me what we were doing waking up at 4:30am but said I would really really like his surprise. We drove to the hotel where there were lots of people gathering. Not sure what was going on, soon I figured out we were flying in a hot air balloon over Napa Valley. So excited to embark on a new adventure, I couldn't wait! After arriving at the launch site, I saw 4 balloon filled and ready for take-off. I was surprised how big the baskets were, held up to 22 people I think. Once we started to take off, it was as if you were floating away. Seeing the valley so early in the morning was just magnificent! In the air, I was surprised how quiet it was, other than when the pilot needed more heat to keep us moving. I thought this experience was just fantastic. Every single one of the staff members were awesome! They were friendly, helpful and organized. After our ride, we were driven back to the hotel for a lovely champagne brunch. Everything was good, especially the champagne! :D We would definitely do it again!!

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"explained everything"
"beautiful morning"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was the best way to begin a new experience on your birthday. Although I was extremely exhausted from drinking so much wine for the night before, the 5am Hot Air Balloon was indeed worth losing sleep over. I'm not typically afraid of heights but for some reason, I become nervous after taking off. The take off was very smooth, the only scary part was the pilot releasing hot air into the balloon. Beyond those minor minor things, the view was AMAZING. I had the best pilot (Russ). He provided history facts while we soared over the valley.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I thought I'd be too afraid of heights to attempt this, but my adventurous husband talked me into this. WOW is the only way to describe it! The basket holds 15-18 people and is stable as standing in your living room. There is NO feeling of lift really --- it's almost like the world is moving around you and you are standing still. SMOOTH as silk! Our pilot, Jeff, was very skilled and made us perfectly comfortable --- along with being a clever comedian. We laughed the whole time we were flying. The flight lasted just over an hour on a perfect "blue bird" day and it is a day that I will relive for many years to come. This experience is one that I will NEVER forget! I'm SO glad my honey talked me into it!

1  Thank KatLSU
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Everything was PERFECT and far exceeded our expectations! Our pilot, Russ, was awesome and gave us the ride of a lifetime, he even give us information, about the Napa Valley, during the ride that was VERY interesting . There is not one negative thing I can say about Balloons Above the Valley - the staff is professional, safety conscience, congenial and every minute is well planned especially the Brunch - absolutely delicious!!! I do not believe that there is a better company that could preform up to the high standards that Balloons Above the Valley provides! This was an incredible adventure! Karol W. Baytown, Texas

1  Thank Karol W