“Wonderful, relaxing, total pampering”
Review of Stahlecker House

Stahlecker House
Ranked #20 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Texas
“Wonderful, relaxing, total pampering”
Reviewed 24 October 2009

Beautiful patio setting overlooking forest/creek. Total attention to detail, very relaxing and peaceful. Fresh homemade cookies each afternoon and incredible breakfasts each morning. They even made catered to my special diatary needs. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JCKDallas

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ohio
Reviewed 19 September 2009

If you are into David Lynch, this is the place for you! Lucky for us, we are and felt the vibe after our first morning breakfast.
It was clean and there was breakfast, snacks, and free soda. These are the few redeeming qualities of this place.
If you can, spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. We wish we did.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ksteinernoss
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed over stay at the Stahlecker House. Beautiful surroundings, comfortable room and fantastic breakfasts. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler291
warsaw
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Needed to stay one week in Napa and wanted to enjoy a nice B&B and the Stahlecker's worked with me on a discount. Who would have thought they won one of the best breakfasts at a B&B in that part of the U.S......my wife and I, after eating the breakfasts. This is with me having a gourmet chef for a wife. Every afternoon we had fresh cookies, coffee, soda, coffee and lemonade made by Maria. Sorbet most mornings was a treat. We were even furnished bottled water for our day trips by Ron and Ethel. You can always stay at home with the beautiful landscaping and the Redwoods in their yard and even a gingkgo tree. With their 25 years in Napa they were the perfect tour guides for what each guest, including ourselves, wanted to do. The mud baths in Calistoga and their discount coupons saved us so much, even on the wine testings. When we go back we will stay with the Stahlecker's. It's interesting hearing stories about Ethel and Jay Leno due to Ron's expertise in classic cars. Interesting home, interesting people, interesting trip and worth it without a discount.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dongrove
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 21 February 2009

The Stahleckers provided a cozy cottage setting for the first Valentine's Day for my sweetheart & I. They helped direct the dozen roses Sweetie had sent and placed them within view upon stepping in. The place is clean, quiet and superbly run: Mrs. Stahlecker served her famous "Drunken Grapefruit" (soaked in Jack Daniels, baked and topped with sugar) for breakfast to demonstrate that "wine isn't all we have in Napa!" They helped us with restaurant and local site recommendations and made sure we were comfortable in every way. They even called me to tell me I had left my glasses behind! So thoughtful! This was my second trip and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fabulousvixen
Pollock Pines, California
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I wanted to take my Mom to Napa to ride the wine train and stay in a B & B for the night. Kind of a special mother/daughter getaway. The Stahlecker house was the perfect choice. Sweet, comfortable room, delightful bathroom, very nice ambiance in the sitting rooms and dining room and an amazing breakfast we won't soon forget. This precious Inn is a great value, it's quiet and clean, and went above our expectations. The wine train was a wonderful treat and the whole week-end was just a great time for both of us.

• Liked — We loved the comfy room and the great breakfast.
  • Disliked — I have absolutely no complaints.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pknutt
Florid
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My husband I stayed 3 nights at Stahlecker House. We enjoyed it immensely.

The property is beautiful and ideally located just minutes of the main highway.

The breakfasts were a real treat every morning.

The room was cozy and clean and we could park 10 feet from our door which is convenient.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Quaintness and location
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple