“Napa wine touring at its best!”

Napa Tours and Chauffeur
Ranked #14 of 124 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing personal guide services and bespoke wine tours to discerning clients for over 12 years. My name is Tac Fair, owner and operator of Napa Tours and Chauffeur (Napatac) and I understand how valuable vacation time is and that a trip to Wine Country can represent a significant investment of time and money. Why not make sure you get the most out of your adventure by hiring a local expert create a personalized experience tailored to your specific preferences? Unlike most services, I am not merely a driver, I am a Napa Valley local with over 20 years as an entrepreneur in wine and food hospitality which has allowed me to cultivate many unique relationships within the wine industry. I have an extensive knowledge of local history, winemaking and viticultural practices, and also unlike other services, I am your sole point of contact throughout the booking and itinerary creation process as well as the one behind the wheel while we are touring. Whether you are an experienced collector or just starting to explore wine, your input will be the catalyst for a well-researched and unique itinerary. All of my tours are private and itineraries are custom designed to meet the specific tastes of each client. If by chance I am already committed on your desired date, I do have the ability to work with you to create the perfect itinerary, and then arrange for a wine expert colleague to be your host for the day. Please read the reviews below, then take a moment to visit my website to submit a Tour Request. Rest assured that I will exceed your expectations as I have done for so many others over the years! Cheers, Tac
Norway
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Napa wine touring at its best!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were two coulples who had a fantastic day with Tac at the wheel! This was a real treat for us wine enthusiasts from Europe. Having never been to California, yet wanting to learn more about the Napa wine region, we were lucky to have been recommended Napa Tours and Chaufferu (Tac). A few emails with information about ourselves and our wine knowledge, was enough for Tac to give us some great options to choose from. This really made the task easier of deciding what to focus on in the Napa Valley. We learned so much that day and all his advice was perfect. But Tac was much more than a driver for us. His knowledge about Napa and his personal touch made what would have just been "driving from vineyard to vineyard" a day to remember. We highly recommend his services! We hope to return to Napa some day and learn more about its wine production. Of course, we would like Tac at the wheel then, too!

Visited May 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello jkhmNorway, Thank you for your flattering review! I am honored that you let me play a small part in making your time in Napa Valley just a little more special. I have never advertised so it is quite satisfying to know that the "word of mouth" has penetrated as far away as Norway! I look forward to acting as ambassador to more Scandinavian friends in the future, cheers! Tac

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Day in Napa”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were recommended Tac at Napa Tac by the Inn we stay at in Napa. Tac helped us create a wonderful itinerary of wineries to see during our 1 day excursion. We had a couple we were recommended by friends as a "must see", however, the 3rd winery that Tac recommended ended up being our absolute favorite. He is a true professional and very in tune the the needs/wants of his clients. He selected the perfect winery that matched our pace and personalities. He made our winery experience in Napa absolutely unforgettable.

Tac is incredibly knowledgable and knows the entire region intimately. We will most definitely use Tac again on our next visit to the region and we would recommend him very highly.

Visited April 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello badgergrad96, Thank you for taking time to write such a kind review. Nearly everyone who comes to Wine Country receives recommendations from friends and colleagues as to which places to visit, and while this can be very valuable, often times the specific tastes of each individual can vary. With over 500 wineries Napa Valley alone to choose from, I pride myself on being able to match clients to the perfect experiences. I an glad this was the case with you and I look forward to designing your entire day out when you return!
Cheers! Tac
Atlanta, Georgia
“TAC is a professional!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Tac arranged our 2 day excursion with such knowledge and care. He was not only our driver but our tour guide! Our friends were from Europe so they were asking him tons of questions and he was so patient AND INFORMATIVE!!!
Best wine tour experience ever! See you next year Tac!

Visited April 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hello JSTrujillo,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so grateful that you allowed me to arrange two days in Wine Country for you. I always find it interesting how people find me. In your case it started many years ago with a client that later referred a friend, who then referred his friend the next year, who in turn referred a colleague who then referred YOUR friend who sent you to me! What a delightful network of wine lovers it has become. I look forward to your next visit, and will be happy to exceed the expectations of anyone you happen to send my way! Cheers,
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“NapaTac! Look no further....”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I did quite a bit of research when looking to book a guide for a day out in Napa, and I am so glad that we came across Napa Tours and Chauffeur...a.k.a Tac. From the get go, Tac was responsive, friendly, professional and extremely helpful. With just a couple email exchanges, we were booked and Tac had offered an itinerary for our tour with winery descriptions and leeway for us to modify as necessary (which we didn't).

The day of our tour, Tac picked us up at our rental cottage in the hills right on time. The vehicle was clean and comfortable, and Tac was instantly personable. You can tell that he really takes pride in his work, is knowledgeable about the area and enjoys showing people the best of Napa/Sonoma. We had reservations at every stop, which could have been stressful for us - but the minute we started falling behind as we enjoyed the wineries a little longer than anticipated, Tac was modifying the reservations ahead to allow us the chance to truly enjoy the experience with little interruption.

We will definitely be using Tac when we return to Napa, the level of personalized service is unparalleled.

Visited April 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Ruben R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I enjoy my work thoroughly, but even more so when I have the chance to meet folks like you and Jamie. I understand how valuable and rare vacations can be for all of us these days, so I always do my best to make sure I help make client's time in Wine Country all that it can possibly be. Until next time, Cheers!
Pleasanton, California
“Napa TAC Rocks!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a great time - would definitely recommend him to others looking for an absolutely beautiful Napa Valley experience!

Visited April 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello Michaela H, Thanks for your review. I love being able to surprise and impress guests who have already visited Napa so many times before as you had. There are always some hidden gems to be found and I look forward to showing you more next time you return. Cheers!