“Spend your hard-earned money elsewhere”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I’ll keep my review short and to the point… the food was great; bed comfortable; room / condo clean and ample. Overall, we felt the customer service was awful for the price.
As mentioned in other reviews, the place is really spread-out. When you call for the complimentary shuttle, you wait and wait and wait… terrible--- so you are late to everything.
We made arrangements through the concierge to have a car company transport us to a private winery off site… they never showed up.
We went to the spa, bought 2 spa pedicures at about $85 each; bought a $300 gift card for some friends and were told we didn’t spend a high enough amount to use the sauna, hot tub and other amenities…
I work in customer service with my job and if I performed this way I would get fired… terrible customer service. Wouldn’t come here again. Wouldn’t recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thanks so much for your review. We are so sorry to hear about all of the challenges during your stay.

In reading your comments there are some things that I would like to discuss with you personally. Particularly, with regard to the Spa usage and your transportation not showing up. Typically our policy at the Spa is that when you do purchase a treatment, you have complimentary access to the Spa that day for things such as the sauna, lap pool, etc...I am unsure why this happened and will be following up with our Spa staff to find out. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at info@silveradoresort.com - I would like to also find out what happened with regard to your transportation.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
Erika Opp

There are newer reviews for Silverado Resort and Spa

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We decided to change hotels after we arrived in the area to be closer to the Silverado Trail, looked on line and found availability at this place. We booked a room for a two night stay on our way to Yosemite. The room was tiny and had a disclaimer on the back of the door after we arrived to let us know it was the 2nd bedroom to an adjoining unit. Too bad they don't tell you that before you book. There was a small patio so you could sit outside with absolutely NO view. The carpet was filty and worn. The grounds were very pretty and it looks like a southern mansion. All the staff were warm and pleasant. The food was good, as expected at any resort, nothing over the top.

I think had we stayed in a nicer room we would have had a better experience. I'm glad we were only staying for a short time (in that room) and we had a AAA discount.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flgracie
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to convey to us the issues that arose during your recent stay with us. As we are committed to quality, I will be passing along your comments to our staff to better improve the experience that our future guests will have.

I do apologize that your guest room was not up to the standards you expected, but am happy to let you know that in the next coming months we will undergo a renovation in our rooms. Not only will these rooms be completely updated, but will now be a place our guests will feel very relaxed and comfortable in.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed at this beautiful resort for my Mother's birthday weekend. Simply said the place is breath-taking. The first suite we stayed in starting off pretty well- I wasn't pleased with the tv since there were lines throughout the picture and in addition; I heard some weird buzzing in our suite but I just overlooked it. The next day we headed out for the spa- perfect experience. I so happen to return early and to my un-pleasant surprise my suite was invaded by yellow jackets. I guess I shouldn't of over-looked the buzzing the sounds. The yellow jackets that apparently were behind the drapes the night before were now out and free. I was very disappointed that my Mother's weekend hadn't turned out-as I would of expected. As expensive as this resort was I definitely needed them to take care of us. We were immediately moved-which fixed the yellow jacket problem and the tv problem- however the new suite had a light problem. But at this point we just dealt with it. I didn't' have the energy to want to move again. A mini-vacation that had every intention of being incredibly awesome turned out to be a disappointment.

Room Tip: Make sure the yellow jacket problem has been dealt with....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Silverado Resort and Spa. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property, but was disappointed to hear about your experience with the yellow jackets in your room, as well as the television problems. I have forwarded your review to our Engineering Department who has gone out and taken care of the problems you mentioned.

Again, thank you for your comments. It is with feedback such as yours that we hope to continually gain insight on what we can do to make this Resort the very best it can be.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We might have received a "less than expected" room since we booked with Hotels.com, but no matter how you book your reservations, you should have a quality room at a quality hotel.

The room was booked as a King Size Bed, but we had a queen size bed. The room had broken shutter slats and stains on the carpet. The toilet seat was so warn that the wood showed through with a large circle of brown wood showing on the seat.

The Resort tried to help us with our complaints, but since we booked with Hotels.com, all that they could do for us was to credit us for the resort fee.

We stayed there before in a two bedroom two bath suite. That time it was perfect. It appears that not booking through the Resort leaves you with less than acceptable conditions.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richt2uSanMateo
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I spent the day at the Silverado spa getting a deep tissue massage and then lounging by the pool. For anyone looking for a true deep tissue massage, I HIGHLY recommend scheduling with Mark Walker. He was by far the best massage therapist I have ever had. I am a runner and have a lot of tightness and issues. He knew exactly how to target the right muscles, he listened intently to what I was having issues with. It was very therapeutic. My only complaint is that I wish I would have scheduled longer with him...and had I known it was going to be that helpful I would have! The amenities and pool were great too!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ErinK101
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed some time of relaxation including a deep tissue massage from Mark. We will make sure that he sees your kind words and I am sure will be very appreciative. We take great pride in our services levels here and are always happy to hear back from guests that enjoyed themselves.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is classic Napa. Very confortable accomodations, beds, linens etc. Great setting, golf, Spa etc. Very good value for the money!

Room Tip: I was in a two room suite #257. Close to the pool and very quiet....great to sleep with the window...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We were happy to hear you enjoyed your room by our pool and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband is allowing me to post on his account so I don't have to create my own. Suffice is to say he does his research on here, and contributes all the time. He felt good recommending/booking Silverado after reading reviews and visiting the website. He may have felt good, but we didn't. He booked us for a girl's getaway, knowing we need to relax. Unfortunately, a 2 mile hike or waiting for a golf cart to take you anywhere, or staying in a condo without maid service, or no services within miles IS NOT our definition of any kind of vacation. There is really no mention on the web site of the great distances in some of the living quarters to the facility. I am an avid exerciser, but didn't not want to exercise just to get a cup of coffee. I think you get my drift. For the $$ per night they charged, I want services I can use. Their explanation (which they must have to give daily) is that they are a "resort" not a box hotel. Really??? A resort still has amenities you don't need a plane to reach. Sorry Silverado....you aren't for us. We checked out after 8 hours and are much happier at our new hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank AZ-Traveler85253
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for your time in reviewing Silverado Resort and Spa. I do apologized that you stay was not what you had hoped it would be. You are right in stating that our property is large, but we feel as though that gives us more options than your typical hotel to satisfy our guest needs. Some guests prefer the area you stayed in as they have more privacy and the rooms are more spacious, while others, like yourself, enjoy the rooms near the restaurants and the lobby. Our Bell Department is more than happy to provide a shuttle service for those guests staying on that side of the hotel.

I would also like to mention that our Housekeeping services are provided in all guestrooms. If you did not receive services for some reason, then that is something we need to check into with our Houskeeping Department.

Again, we appreciate the time you took to review the Resort and hope that someday you will return and take advantage of the guestrooms closer to the amenities you were seeking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Ivy Hotel Napa
Ivy Hotel Napa
#27 of 30 in Napa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!