“Should have researched more”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

I guess for 400/night I was expecting more. Maybe it is just that season in Napa. Check in was fine and reservation was as agreed to, but I didn't know that I signed up for a huge well dressed up 80s condo a quarter mile away from the main building. Bathroom was exactly what you would expect (in 1980), but the bed was quite good, linens were great and the room was certainly clean. Do your homework and know what you are getting here!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank WoodGlobal
LegendaryNapa, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

While we were glad to hear that you did enjoy our linens and the bed, we were sorry to hear that your room was not what you were hoping for. We are doing our very best to have our rooms renovated to a standard we know all of our guests will love.

We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back at the Resort in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed two nights for a wedding. Stuck us in a condo, not part of hotel and 2 mile drive to hotel. Room had not been cleaned thoroughly, dirty oven and broiler pan, carpet shaggy and not clean, refrigerator roared with what they said was a bearing out and plastic cover left loose rattling, could not fix bearing, towel rack with no bar and a missing bracket, no liner for cotton shower curtain (hooks for liner in both baths with liner missing, water everywhere). Mowed golf green with loud gas mower at 6:30 AM even after complaining the first morning, spoke loudly to each other while working on green. No rules posted as far as allowed walking on golf sidewalks, owners of units threatened us with arrest and fines by the marshal, hotel told me we could walk on paths at our own risk after they checked with the golf marshal. No rules against it. Staff were very nice however and the brunch p[aid for by the father of the bride was very good. Wedding food was ok, but was very cold when served. Wedding guest placed everywhere and not together like the father of the bride requested. Hotel worn out, they say they are redoing the hotel within 2 years. My guess is that the bank owns it as it appears to be a foreclosed property.

Misrepresented as to the room you will stay in. Condo 2 mile drive from hotel. They spread wedding guest throughout the condos. Not what the father of the bride requested. The person whom the dealt with did not even mention the separated condos that are not even part of the hotel, they thought they were staying at the hotel and not privately owned condo that appear to be bank owned properties (REO'S) Dirty, noisy and generally run down. Golf course green behind condo mowed at 6:30 AM both days despite promise that they would not be don the second morning after complaining to management.

Room Tip: When hotel books you a room ask not to be placed in a condo 2 miles drive from the hotel. The units...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank joseph b

We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the two days that you spent with us. I do apologize that there were so many concerns with your room, many of which could have been properly handled before you arrived. Your feedback has been addressed with our managment staff who have since followed up with their departments.

While you were told it is ok to walk on the golf course, for the safety of our guests, we do not allow guests to be out on the courses during golfing hours. We are sorry that you were misinformed and that you had to indure any unfriendliness from golfers.

You are correct in stating that the Resort is very spreadout, while we have rooms very near to everything, we do have some rooms that are a little more of a drive. Those rooms that are further out do have their own perks as they tend to be a bit bigger and definitely give you more privacy. Most of the rooms even have golf course views.

As you noted, we are currently in the process of getting the rooms renovated. We know if you had the chance to stay in one of our newly remodeled rooms, that you would have had a much different experience.

We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your stay with us and we do hope that we are able to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Upon check in we were upgraded to a wonderful 1 bedroom suite that overlooked the golf course. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and relaxing. Gorgous view. We both mentioned that we wish we could stAy for a week but unfortanetly we only had one night. It was the most quiet room we have ever stayed in. You could hear the birds singing outside and we felt comfortable keeping the sliding glass open all night. There was a full kitchen with everything you might need. The grounds were well taken care off and breath taking. All staff members were so helpful. Wish we could go back tomorrow. Thanks for treating us so special

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

It is great that you took the time to share your experience and we appreciate your review. We love hearing about visits from our guests, and yours is no exception. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, as it sound like you had a lovely visit .

We can't wait to welcome you back soon. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The Good: the rooms are primarily suites, individually owned. The include a living area, eating area, full kitchen, a bedroom & bath. They have an inclosed small patio. The grounds are lovely and each cluster of suites have a pool centerally located nearby....I believe there are 8 - 10 pools.

The Bad: Check-in took foreveWe arrive at 2:30 and were finally checked in around 5:30pm! We met another couple who had arrived at 11:00am and were finally checked in around 4:00pm! It seems they need more housekeeping when they know they are going to be busy! The next day I arrived at the pool and discovered there were no "pool towels" and were required to use towels from our room....so I treked back to the room and grabbed towels, some of which were wet from our morning shower. I was told that the "Main Pool" had pool towels, but it was quite a distance from where we were located. I did notice that the last day we were there (stayed 5 days) they put pool towels out.

The Ugly: The decorating in our room was very dated! Lime green florals & a green carpet!! The Bedroom was much more tasteful though. The cabinets in the kitchen & bathroom were worn & very squeaky, some did not push all the way in. from what I understand, the rooms are going to go through a renovation in 2012....so I would wait on my stay til 2013!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Luvem2
LegendaryNapa, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Your review is very much appreciated as we do welcome feedback - the good and the bad. I do apologize for the delay in getting into your room and then having no pool towels. On top of that, we are also sorry that your room was not what you were hoping for. You are correct in stating that we are going through a renovation process here, but as you know this will not be a quick process, so we just ask for our guest's continued patience as we work to improve the rooms here. I can assure you that you will love the way the new rooms will look.

While we were disappointed to hear about some of the issues you experienced, we were happy to hear that you did enjoy our grounds and the spaciousness of our suites. We do sincerely hope that we will see you back at the resort for your next Napa Valley visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Everyone of the staff whom I meet in the 4 days I stayed here were skilled at their jobs and friendly.

Upon my arrival after an 8+ hour drive, the front desk helped me find my friends by searching last names, first names and relative's names; they never lost their patience or smile. Likewise with Dominique, the concierge who managed to reserve a sold out restaurant for a party of four, that became a party of eight and hour before the reservation! Even housekeeping was efficient and smiling with a fully booked hotel, they came and delivered extra towels within 30 minutes of our request. The fact that the servers in the Grill had no problem serving our immense party of 9 adults and 8 children is a testament to their professionalism and great attitude.

The 1 BR fireplace condo looked out over the golf course and was well appointed with all the little touches that make a stay comfortable, from a screened bathroom window which opened to a private patio, to an ironing board and a bath loofah!

The only negatives during my entire stay was that the resort lacked ENOUGH personnel to handle all the guests and the room decor could use a more updated look. The line at the front desk was three guests deep per person at the counter. The lone concierge, Dominique had 5 guests waiting for her as her hone rang. When I called in to the hotel from my cell phone, I was put on hold and cut off four times as I waited.

If they would just update the condos to a more modern look and invest in more personnel, this would be a 5 star resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1 BR condo in facing the golf course-it's a beautiful view to see when you wake up!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

It is great to hear feedback such of yours and especially nice to hear that our associates were able to make your stay more enjoyable. I will make sure to let Dominique know how impressed you were with her and her stellar restaurant booking skills. :) She is definitely an asset to Silverado and will be happy to hear that you singled her out for her service.

We appreciate your comments and will look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My wife and I got away for quick visit to the Napa Valley and thought we would try the Silverado Resort as an alternative to our normal stay in Yountville. The bathroom had mold in the shower stall grout, the bathroom floor was cracked and stained black from mold, there were no extra pillows, the bed was a rock and when my wife wanted a water bottle from the honor bar the key given us didn't even fit the lock. Never the less in the morning we decided to have breakfast in the Grill restaruant. It took 45 minutes after ordering my two eggs to have them delivered to the table and they were stone cold. Otherwise, the resort was all the recommendation we received from friends as correct. Heading back to the tried and true establishments in Yountville and avoiding this place...

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark T

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience while staying with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed . It is also disapointing to us when we can't exceed our guests expectations.

It should not have taken 45 minutes to order eggs nor should they have come out of the kitchen cold. I am also sorry that you found no extra pillows in your room and the bed was not comfortable. I can understand what a good night's sleep means and know that because of that, you probably did not have the best night.

Your review has been shared with our management staff so we can make sure these things do not happen with future guests. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance the next time you visit the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Has a very nice weekend. The hotel is centrally located and easy to get to different wineries. The golf course and spa are above average. My only complaint was they need more people for check ins and outs, I have other things to do rather than wait in line.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the location of our resort and especially glad to hear that you had a good time at our golf courses and our Spa. The next time you visit the Napa Valley, we will look forward to welcoming you back!