“Lovely stay”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had stayed at Siverado back when I was 30 something and looked forward to coming back for a belated birthday weekend 30 years later. After my husband made reservations I thought I'd check out the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I thought we had made a big mistake because of all the negative reviews. But I took reviewers' advice and asked for an updated room. We received it and had a lovely weekend after all. My only negative comment about the room is that the pillows are pretty bad, too flat, and therefore I had a hard time sleeping.

We indulged in a couple of spa treatments and though I enjoyed the facial and massage, I thought the pedicure was inadequate and overpriced. My $30 pedis at home are a much better value and I get more than I did at Silverado.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel123SanJose
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear travel123,

Thank you so much for staying with us to celebrate your birthday! We are pleased you chose us to celebrate with. My team and I appreciate your kind words and were very happy to hear you had a great experience. I do apologize that you found the pillows flat, we will work on getting some better, more fluffier pillows for your next visit.

Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (3,909)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We love Silverado for the property, the pool, and the tennis courts. But the best part of Silverado is their concierge, Dominique, and her passion to share her favorite restaurants and wineries....and to always get us a reservation with her connections! She is a great person and always willing to help. I would give Silverado 5 stars if everyone there served the customer like she does. It's a great property, but needs some process improvements.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BNS2013,

Thank you for you review of you visit with us in July. I am very happy to read of your pleasant experience and will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I enjoyed my night at Silverado. Lovely, private room. I can't understand why people say they are mad that there are real keys, as opposed to keycards. Who cares? Property was lovely! Decor is updated but not modern. But it was very nice and clean. It's definitely a golf resort. I think they do a very good job of appealing to older and younger visitors. I think the nasty reviews are simply silly. I give the resort great credit for finding an aesthetic that appeals to older and younger visitors. I was very happy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sydney,

I would like to thank you for your nice words about Silverado and was glad you found your experience a good one. We do hope you will be back to stay with us again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

It has been years since I have been to this hotel and I ask...what happened? This hotel has all the makings of a 5 star hotel but it needs a serous makeover, all around.

Here is a recap of my experience:

1) check in - slow! I was with customers and one of their rooms was not ready at 4:20 even though we had been there since 10 am. They did not have enough staff to keep up with the flow of people, The bell people where not on top of it and they seemed confused on what to do with our luggage since our rooms were not ready when we arrived.
2) property - beautiful. Its is a sprawling resort with a golf course, separate spa and lots of green
3) rooms - help!!! wow. It seems that there was renovation going on but I got an old room. It was small - dark and you had to enter into it through a sliding patio door. I had a door between my room and the next one which I didn't like. My friend said she could hear the people next door. If you decide to stay here make sure you get a renovated room.
4) spa/workout room - work out area pretty good with a lot of machines. They have a GREAT lap pool which was the highlight of the SPA area. The locker room is a bit old and dated. I did like that they had a good amount of space to move around the locker rooms - not cramped
5) spa services - I was with a big group and everyone seemed to have good experiences. Mine was just ok. My 50 minute facial was cut to 40. I complained and not really offered a resolution. They did agree to take the tip off the charge (they include a 20% tip). I also asked them to pro-rate my service which I haven't been able to validate was done. To be honest, for the amount of money we paid for the trip (30 people total), my service should have been complementary

Overall - This place is DISAPPOINTING. I stayed at the Westin in Napa and it was much better. I would look around before booking here.

Room Tip: choose a remodeled room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear dogluverSanDiego,

Let me start off by saying how disappointed I was when reading your review. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. Your disappointment is understandable. We do our very best to make sure all rooms are ready by the check-in time of 4pm and are sorry that your room was not ready by that time.

I will also be following up with our Spa staff to find out why you had only received a 40 minute facial rather than the 50 you had purchased. Unless a guest is late to the appointment, this is something that should not be happening.

While I wish I could hit the rewind button and start again, I do want to again express my sincerest apologies. Guest satisfaction is a number one priority here at the Resort and I am confident that should you return, we could give you a much more pleasant experience. I do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We recently stayed in a two bedroom suite with our family and enjoyed all the great amenities at the resort. The golf course was beautiful and very reasonable at twilight. The tennis courts were in great shape and the pool area was lovely. Our only negative experience was a rude young man at check in who provided a bad first impression. We loved the cozy fire in the bar where we played games and had wonderful appetizers and drinks. Our suite was large and very comfortable for 4 adults. We had such a relaxing and yet active stay that we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail T

Dear Gail,

Thank you very much for your nice review of Silverado! While it does sound like you had a negative start to your visit, I was glad to hear that the remainder of your stay was pleasant and relaxing. I do want to apologize that you encountered someone that you felt was rude and will follow up to make sure that this does not happen again.

Your comments are most appreciated and we hope it won't be too long before you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Do yourself and your.wallet a favor and choose elsewhere in NAPA to stay. Rooms are dated, extra small, was more at home staying in my college dorm. Found bugs in our room upon checkin, used kleenex in bed, total bad experience. Front desk in a hurry to move to.next guest, with no care as to customer service, or attempting to save our business. We.had reservations for 3 couples, and were checked in and out in less than 2 hours, if that provides insight to how unpleasant the experience was. SURE THIS WAS AWESOME PLACE IN THE DAY, BUT SILVERADO'S DAY HAS PASSED UNDER CURRENT MANAGEMENT.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank udamahon

Dear udamahon,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate all reviews, both positive and negative as they will only help us become better. I would first like to apologize for your experience with us. The issues you described most certainly are not typical and we normally receive very high marks for our Housekeeping Department.

I was very disappointed to also read of your interaction with our Front Office staff. As I have said in responses before, our guest satisfaction is a high priority for us and I can only apologize that you did not receive the exceptional experience you should have. I cannot go back and change what has happened, but only hope for the opportunity that someday you may return so we can give you the kind of visit you should have had the first time.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

For some reason I figured this would be a luxurious resort and spa. Instead, it felt more like one of those summer homes you rent on Cape Cod. I spent a few dollars extra for a one bedroom, one bath, one living room, kitchen, and fireplace room. The total was still about $300/night which is pretty inexpensive for luxury, so I should have known better. The fireplace had a Duraflame log in it which I did not use. The kitchen was well stocked in terms of dishes, glassware, microwave, fridge, oven, stove, pans, etc. But no food/water within the room (to buy even). There was a sofa that seemed old and heavily used / frumpy. There was a dining room table with four chairs, and a porch with a sliding screened door to it. There was a safe in the room, large enough for laptops. Bathroom sink was in the bedroom, and toilet/shower room was very tiny and separate. So what's the problem then? Well, everything was older looking, cheap feeling/looking, and not what I was expecting or looking for. The room could have looked exactly the same in 1980 as it did this month. The main building where one checks in was grand, but also old, and it took 20 minutes to check out there, even though there was only ONE PERSON in front of me! The restaurant will be separately reviewed, but I was not impressed at all with it. Room service was relatively quick, and was delivered exactly to order. On the grounds there is golf, which is supposed to be pretty good, although I did not play. There was tennis and an outside pool too, but it was too cold out to try them. Probably best for a family. Parking was outside your room, similar to a motel. I sure wish I stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Alvin,

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review. I do apologize that we did not live up to the usual excellent standards Silverado has come to be known for.

As you have probably read in other responses, we are in the middle of a room renovation here at the Resort in which I think you will find the accommodations more like what you were expecting this first time around. We anticipate completing the rooms by Spring of 2014 and hope that you will be able to come back and stay in one. We would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you again for your review.