“Very nice room”

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Jose, California
“Very nice room”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We just returned from Napa after enjoying the Napa Valley wine train and a short trip to Calistoga. During out trip my husband and I and another couple we stayed at the Silverado Resort in one of the two bedroom golf course view suites. Our suite was very well taken care of and just perfect for two couples. We had a beautiful view of the golf course and all the amenities needed in the small kitchen. We did not get a chance to venture more into the resort as we kept busy the day and a half we were in wine country. We hope to return for a longer period and be able to try the various amenities of the resort. One note about the resort it is a bit far from town so if you want to dine out you’ll have to drive or take a taxi which a taxi ride to Main Street could cost you about $18 (includes tip). Just the room itself was perfect for our stay, we hope to return soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in 731 which is a two bedroom suite overlooking the golf course. It was very nice, clean...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear SRE17,

Thanks for leaving us such a kind review. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time. We are about a 10-minute drive to Downtown Napa, but we are always happy to set up a taxi for our guests.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.

John Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

For the money spent on this "resort", I expected better customer service and rooms. We stayed during the Veteran's day weekend. Upon arrival after 4pm, our room was not ready for check in. Then we made the mistake of ordering room service for brunch and that's when it went very far south. After a day wine tasting we were hounded for a credit card number to charge the one meal to. We gave our credit card number 3 different times and each time the person on the other end seemed to have attitude and was obviously incompetent. First off this is NOT something someone on vacation should have to deal with. 1) get the info upon check in or 2) get the info upon check out. There are some good things about this resort but I can not bring myself to state them. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: don't stay here. stay closer to downtown for proximity to good restaurants.
2 Thank MMFY
Dear MMFY,

My team and I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had while staying with us. I can completely understand your feelings and agree with you that this is not something that should have happened while you were trying to enjoy your vacation. You should not have been asked for your credit card over and over. We should have gotten the all the information from you during the check-in process.

Again, I want to personally express my deepest apologies. I only wish we could have resolved the issues during your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is a high priority for us and I am disappointed that we did not show that to you in this instance. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. Check in was quick and efficient, we had booked for a junior suite. The resort is very large, centred around a couple of golf courses and tennis courts, the spa is located a short distance away across the road. The hotel is well located for visiting the wineries in both Sonoma and Napa valleys. The first room we were given was "gloomy" and looked out onto a small concrete courtyard. The front desk changed this to one that had a more open outlook. The rooms are a good size, clean and well fitted with a small kitchen area and fireplace. There are a couple of restaurants, one more formal the other relaxed, prices are reasonable. Overall the resort is very busy, a lot of people, most there for the golf. An "ok
" hotel if you are looking for a spa or just a base for the wineries, not a quiet romantic break.

Room Tip: Request a golf course view on the outside of the resort so that you have a view and somewhere to sit...
Dear Neil,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am glad to find that most of your stay with us was pleasant. Of course, I was disappointed to read that the original room you were booked into was "gloomy". I can assure you that we are continuing to work very hard with room renovations here at the Resort. We anticipate that completion in the Spring of 2014 and I hope that you can come back and experience those new rooms for yourself.

I appreciate that you let us know how your experience was and thank you for visiting us!

Fresno, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great place to stay. Close to the wine trails. Arrived Saturday afternoon. Although busy, check in took only 5 minutes. Had dinner at the resort's restaurant, The Royal Oak. The food was excellent! Excellent wine and mixed drinks. I recommend their Dolce Margarita. My wife visited the Spa and was very pleased with the facial. Everyone was super friendly. My only regret is I did not get a chance to play the golf course. Will definitely come back.

Dear Jose,

I want to thank you for your kind words and review of Silverado Resort and Spa. It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back so you can take in that round of golf, and of course have another Dolce Margarita!

denver, co
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good experience - just being in Napa with the gorgeous views and the weather and the wineries will always help, so I think my bar is lower for rates places around there. Front desk service was average, a little slow; I've had better at Embassy Suites. We had a house account for a large group of people, but the server at the restaurant couldn't understand that, so we had to charge our breakfast and figure it out later (would've thought that would be a more standard practice at a nice resort like that).

We overlooked a hole on the golf course, which was nice. Room decor is OK, a little dated. Bed was extremely comfortable. NOTE - this place is so huge, we seriously stayed a country mile from the main mansion, which required us to get a 5-minute shuttle drive every time we went to and from our room - that might not be a knock because it's exactly how they've designed it, but it's really inconvenient, especially when others are staying 50 feet from the mansion.

Catered evening event was well done, service was pleasant, ambience was very nice. The place looks very grandiose, with a huge drive up to the main mansion, which is impressive.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kirby34
Dear Kirby,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I very glad to hear that you enjoyed the views and that you found the bed very comfortable. I am sorry that the rest of your visit was just average. We are a Resort that is very spread out and while some people love being in a more private area of the Resort, others would rather be close to everything. We do our very best to accommodate all requests.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and do hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Lewisville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very good experience. This is my third time in Napa and I personally liked staying at both the Vintage Inn and Rancho Caymus more than Silverado. That does not mean I did not like it, but I loved the other two. The other two had better location IMO. They are smaller and more intimate. Still this place has very good service, it is very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are outdated but spacious and have everything you might need.

Dear Ivan,

Thanks very much for your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your time in letting us know how we did. I am glad you found the service good and our location quiet and peaceful. We are contiuning working on updating all of our rooms here and we anticipate completion in the Spring of 2014. I hope you will be back to see for yourself.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Los Altos, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had stayed at Siverado back when I was 30 something and looked forward to coming back for a belated birthday weekend 30 years later. After my husband made reservations I thought I'd check out the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I thought we had made a big mistake because of all the negative reviews. But I took reviewers' advice and asked for an updated room. We received it and had a lovely weekend after all. My only negative comment about the room is that the pillows are pretty bad, too flat, and therefore I had a hard time sleeping.

We indulged in a couple of spa treatments and though I enjoyed the facial and massage, I thought the pedicure was inadequate and overpriced. My $30 pedis at home are a much better value and I get more than I did at Silverado.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
1 Thank travel123SanJose
Dear travel123,

Thank you so much for staying with us to celebrate your birthday! We are pleased you chose us to celebrate with. My team and I appreciate your kind words and were very happy to hear you had a great experience. I do apologize that you found the pillows flat, we will work on getting some better, more fluffier pillows for your next visit.

Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,034 reviews

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!