“Not a good stay....”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Checked in last night 2/28/2014. I must say that the experience of all things “Silverado” has been unimpressive to say the least. Starting with a cold reception. Not from your staff, rather the room. 55 degrees? Thermostat was turned off? Could no one have turned the heat on, given there was a reservation? Too hard to have the night staff turn it off if there was a cancellation? Room amenities? A television in the bedroom, that does not change channels? Nice… A bed that sags? My wife was in the middle of the bed, I was on the side, the bed sags enough in the middle, I could not help but to fall into the middle during the night. As a result. I hugged the edge of the bed… There is also an air leak on one of the windows. With the wind this morning being what it was, the sound of crushing an empty water bottle could be heard as the room breathed… Not conducive to a good sleep, let me say… My favorite occurred this morning. Woke up to do a little work, have some coffee (side note: Too hard to put real creamer in the rooms? Hell Denny’s can do it, I’d think at $250 a night, you could spring for it) light the “fire log” and watch the weather for the day…. Seems someone (perhaps policy) shut the flu to the fireplace, as a result I jumped up, spilt the coffee and have a black hand from the handle inside the Fire Place. The Coup de gras..The TV, just turned off. When I turned it back on, a buzz and the smell of burning plastic was evident. It would not stop buzzing. I had to pull the TV out and unplug it to stop it. Too add insult to injury, the room has a draft, to the point that it will not keep a negative pressure allowing the fireplace smoke to be drawn into the chimney. The result, smoke filling the Living room, causing the smoke detector to alarm. Thank you very much for the great stay in Napa. It has defiantly been a memorable one… With all of the events this morning, the wife didn’t need to sleep in… We’ve got things to do…

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steveracers
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not have the kind of experience you were hoping for when you stayed with us this past weekend. I do apologize for the challenges you had during your visit. We did receive the email you sent us while you were in your room and I do know that our Front Office manager had reached out to you in the hope of turning things around for you. From your review, it does not sound like we were able to do that for you. Please know that I am following up with several departments today to get feedback as to why some of the issues you mentioned were not done prior to your visit. This is obviously not the kind of review we like to hear from our guests, but I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

There are newer reviews for Silverado Resort and Spa

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I came up for our anniversary and looked forward to high end resort caliber accommodations and golf. The golf lived up to expectations but the resort fell short, especially for the price. We've stayed at many upscale golf resorts so it wasn't exactly sticker shock, but felt the prices weren't relative to the accommodations. We stayed in one of the "cottages" which felt (and smelled) like rental property. The condo was right off the 1st hole of the North course so the views were great, but unfortunately the room left us unimpressed. We love Napa valley and we love stay and play golf, but it likely will be our last visit to Silverado Resort and Spa. The resort wasn't the worst, but it certainly wasn't among the best.

2  Thank FFreedman

Dear FFreedman,

We appreciate your review and were glad to read that you enjoyed your time on our golf courses, however, it is always disappointing to read when you haven't exceeded guest's expectations. I am sorry we weren't able to make your stay an outstanding one and know that we can do a much better job. I hope we will have another opportunity in the future, so we can give you the type of warm Silverado experience we have come to be known for.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

beautiful setting and ambiance, very close to Silverado Trail wineries, but not to downtown Napa, awesome golf and a nice spa, bring plenty of cash or plastic, nice splurge destination for a romantic getaway

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review! We're very glad you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This resort is placed in a beautiful landscape with nice rooms and is close to the local vineyards. My first impression was that this was a high standard hotel, where it was reasonable to pay a bit more for quality. But after eating the breakfast buffet at the hotel`s restaurant, i got a severe food poisoning and had to be admitted to the emergency room at the local hospital. food poisoning can happen anywhere, but why I am giving bad ratings is because of the management and how they reacted to this problem. They didn't seem to care at all and all I got was an apology, even though their breakfast buffet had ruined my whole weekend. Would not recommend this hotel to my friends or other!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We were glad to read that you enjoyed our location and grounds while you were here, however, we were extremely disappointed to learn of your illness. We take your claim very seriously. I can assure you that we have the highest standards and received very high marks on all our health inspections since inception, which is why it surprises me that it was food poisoning. We immediately took action as soon as we read your review to follow up with our management staff to find out if there were any other complaints of such illness. To date, we have not received any other complaints. I do know our Front Office Manager spoke with members of your party to confirm with them that they were not suffering any symptoms either at the time.

We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and I ask that you please email us at info@silveradoresort.com as it will be very important to follow up with you. Our team will also be trying to reach out to you to make sure you are feeling better. Please let me express our deepest apologies that we did not follow up with you in a manner that you felt was appropriate. I only wish we could have brought a resolution during your visit. Guest satisfaction is truly a high priority for us and we do hope we can resolve any issues you may have.

I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked this hotel on hotel tonight, we booked a king size bed in a luxury hotel.
We checked in paid 25. For resort fee, no problem.
We were given a map of were our room was, lots of bldg. it was a walk from the parking area to the bldg. I asked about having a bag person come out to parking lot to take us to our room. He was busy but would be out. We never saw him, wheeled our luggage around bldgs, swimming pool, saw a number for our room above a sliding glass dr. Walked around the bldg to look for a real dr. No the sliding glass dr was our dr. The room was old and worn, we were part of a condo that had a king room that could be closed off. I called the third party web site to complain about this room, the price we were paying. It was not a four star room. We were told they would change us to another room, we were moved to a second floor no elevator. The second room was nice, clean and pretty . Only one chair in the room, but everything else was updated. For the price the first room was the Pits, the second room was very nice. I almost think that when u book from a third part site u r given a bad room. The price from the third party site was the same as the hotels.

Room Tip: If you don't like the room ask to change to a updated room

Dear Jeanette,

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your visit. I do want to start by apologizing that your first room was not what you were hoping it would be. We are in the middle of a major room renovation here on property and those sliding glass door entries will be a thing of the past. I am glad to read you did enjoy your second room. I am sorry that you did not receive this room the first time, so you didn't have the inconvenience of having to switch rooms. I do hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity as I am confident we can exceed your expectations next time.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Spent Valentine's Day/weekend at Silverado Resort and Spa. I'm single and decided to visit the Silverado/Spa myself at the request of a friend. It was FANTASTIC!! I received a wonderful warm welcome, everyone was pleasant and helpful and the food was amazing. Saturday was my spa day and it was exactly what I needed. My massage, facial, mani/pedi and lunch were a pefect 10. I will return and would like to take golf lessons next time. I honestly cannot wait to book another trip:)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kari,

We are so thrilled to read you had such a wonderful visit with us during Valentine's Day weekend. It sounds like you had the enjoyable and relaxing weekend you were looking for. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

A big hotel close to a golf cource. The rooms a very big and the style is a little borrowing. The same is the restaurant. A lot of posibilities ro have a nice walk in the golf park with a lot of birds

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Arne,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you letting us know how your visit was and hope that you will have the chance to come back and visit us again soon.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Ivy Hotel Napa
Ivy Hotel Napa
#27 of 30 in Napa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!