“Great experience”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed there for four days attending a company training. The hotel complex is huge. It is embedded in a golf course. Cause I am not a golf player, I don't care. Right from the beginning the service at the reception was great. Everything was explained in detail. In order to bridge the long distances between the main house and my apartment, I had to take the bus. The apartment was great, very cozy with an extraordinary bed. What impressed me the most was the restaurant service in the main house. So friendly and service oriented. If I visit Napa again, this is my destination of choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is always great to hear back from guests that had a wonderful experience with us. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and will make sure the associates in that department read your comments.

We hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We loved Silverado. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is very convenient to the restaurants, wineries, and shops we wanted to visit. We used and enjoyed the gym and loved all of the various spa treatments at the spa. We had cocktails in the bar one night, and there was a good crowd. I would stay there again on my next trip to Napa area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelingfriend2000
I appreciate you letting us know your feedback about your visit with us. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you found our associates friendly and helpful. These are the kind of reviews that make us proud! Hopefully it won't be too long before you can come back and visit us again.

Thank you for your review!

Forney, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Booked a two bedroom and then needed to change to a one bedroom. Talked to the hotel several times and stated that they had one bedrooms all over the property and we could get one near our friends. When we went to check in, they told us we were on the opposite side of the property. We asked about getting a closer room, and they said they were fully booked and didn't have anything available. We get to our room and find a hair in the refrigerator. Called the front desk and they somehow had a room open near our friends. We go to the room and people are staying in it. About 30 minutes later they get us another room. Talked to manager and said "it was just one hair". We will not be staying here again, and would never recommend this place to anyone. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Ka1865
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Ka1865,

I appreciate the review and was saddened to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. In reading your review it sounds like there was some miscommunication at our Front Desk and for that I do apologize. I will follow up to see why you were told different information. I also want to say how deeply sorry we are to hear of the hair in your refrigerator. I can assure you that this is something that rarely happens here as we have an outstanding Housekeeping Department that normally receives rave reviews. With that said, we will take a look at our inspection process to make sure the rooms are as spotless as they should be. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention and do hope you will reconsider and come back and stay with us again. I am confident your next experience with us would be much more pleasant.

Fair Oaks, Ca
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Checked in last night 2/28/2014. I must say that the experience of all things “Silverado” has been unimpressive to say the least. Starting with a cold reception. Not from your staff, rather the room. 55 degrees? Thermostat was turned off? Could no one have turned the heat on, given there was a reservation? Too hard to have the night staff turn it off if there was a cancellation? Room amenities? A television in the bedroom, that does not change channels? Nice… A bed that sags? My wife was in the middle of the bed, I was on the side, the bed sags enough in the middle, I could not help but to fall into the middle during the night. As a result. I hugged the edge of the bed… There is also an air leak on one of the windows. With the wind this morning being what it was, the sound of crushing an empty water bottle could be heard as the room breathed… Not conducive to a good sleep, let me say… My favorite occurred this morning. Woke up to do a little work, have some coffee (side note: Too hard to put real creamer in the rooms? Hell Denny’s can do it, I’d think at $250 a night, you could spring for it) light the “fire log” and watch the weather for the day…. Seems someone (perhaps policy) shut the flu to the fireplace, as a result I jumped up, spilt the coffee and have a black hand from the handle inside the Fire Place. The Coup de gras..The TV, just turned off. When I turned it back on, a buzz and the smell of burning plastic was evident. It would not stop buzzing. I had to pull the TV out and unplug it to stop it. Too add insult to injury, the room has a draft, to the point that it will not keep a negative pressure allowing the fireplace smoke to be drawn into the chimney. The result, smoke filling the Living room, causing the smoke detector to alarm. Thank you very much for the great stay in Napa. It has defiantly been a memorable one… With all of the events this morning, the wife didn’t need to sleep in… We’ve got things to do…

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steveracers
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not have the kind of experience you were hoping for when you stayed with us this past weekend. I do apologize for the challenges you had during your visit. We did receive the email you sent us while you were in your room and I do know that our Front Office manager had reached out to you in the hope of turning things around for you. From your review, it does not sound like we were able to do that for you. Please know that I am following up with several departments today to get feedback as to why some of the issues you mentioned were not done prior to your visit. This is obviously not the kind of review we like to hear from our guests, but I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

San Marcos, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I came up for our anniversary and looked forward to high end resort caliber accommodations and golf. The golf lived up to expectations but the resort fell short, especially for the price. We've stayed at many upscale golf resorts so it wasn't exactly sticker shock, but felt the prices weren't relative to the accommodations. We stayed in one of the "cottages" which felt (and smelled) like rental property. The condo was right off the 1st hole of the North course so the views were great, but unfortunately the room left us unimpressed. We love Napa valley and we love stay and play golf, but it likely will be our last visit to Silverado Resort and Spa. The resort wasn't the worst, but it certainly wasn't among the best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FFreedman
Dear FFreedman,

We appreciate your review and were glad to read that you enjoyed your time on our golf courses, however, it is always disappointing to read when you haven't exceeded guest's expectations. I am sorry we weren't able to make your stay an outstanding one and know that we can do a much better job. I hope we will have another opportunity in the future, so we can give you the type of warm Silverado experience we have come to be known for.

Castro Valley, Ca
Reviewed 28 February 2014

beautiful setting and ambiance, very close to Silverado Trail wineries, but not to downtown Napa, awesome golf and a nice spa, bring plenty of cash or plastic, nice splurge destination for a romantic getaway

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review! We're very glad you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Napa, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This resort is placed in a beautiful landscape with nice rooms and is close to the local vineyards. My first impression was that this was a high standard hotel, where it was reasonable to pay a bit more for quality. But after eating the breakfast buffet at the hotel`s restaurant, i got a severe food poisoning and had to be admitted to the emergency room at the local hospital. food poisoning can happen anywhere, but why I am giving bad ratings is because of the management and how they reacted to this problem. They didn't seem to care at all and all I got was an apology, even though their breakfast buffet had ruined my whole weekend. Would not recommend this hotel to my friends or other!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We were glad to read that you enjoyed our location and grounds while you were here, however, we were extremely disappointed to learn of your illness. We take your claim very seriously. I can assure you that we have the highest standards and received very high marks on all our health inspections since inception, which is why it surprises me that it was food poisoning. We immediately took action as soon as we read your review to follow up with our management staff to find out if there were any other complaints of such illness. To date, we have not received any other complaints. I do know our Front Office Manager spoke with members of your party to confirm with them that they were not suffering any symptoms either at the time.

We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and I ask that you please email us at info@silveradoresort.com as it will be very important to follow up with you. Our team will also be trying to reach out to you to make sure you are feeling better. Please let me express our deepest apologies that we did not follow up with you in a manner that you felt was appropriate. I only wish we could have brought a resolution during your visit. Guest satisfaction is truly a high priority for us and we do hope we can resolve any issues you may have.

I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#5 of 6 in Yountville
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!