“Difficult to be Comfortable”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was shown to the room which was a bit of a distance away from the check in, about 1/4 mile drive and the room temperature was 86 degrees. It never totally cooled off but did get down to 73 in the middle of the night. I was somewhat shocked as in all luxury stays I have never had this occur. The room was okay but seemed compact. I truly expected a much nicer stay considering the price. I chose not to dine here as overall, I was uncomfortable with the fact that dining was so far away and you have to call for a golf cart pickup to get around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for your review and the feedback. We have recently made some changes to our property management system letting guests pick the location of the room they wish to be in. The room that you stayed in was located on our Cottage Drive area of the resort which is a 2 minute drive from the main mansion. If you would like to discuss you visit further, please feel free to contact us at info@silveradoresort.com

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We picked Silverado for the location, the golf, the tennis and the Spa. Nothing disappointed except that I would have played even more tennis after some great clinics that are available during the week from 9:00 to 10:00 am. My husband loved the 18 holes of golf during the twilight time at 3pm, the food is good but it will be even a better experience when they get the main restaurant open again in the Mansion. We had an updated room with the one of four pools right outside our room was so private and empty it was like having our own pool. Watch the sunset from the verandah off of the Mansion. Beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you so much for you feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities around property and would have to agree that we have a great sunset at Silverado Resort and Spa. We hope to see you again soon around the resort. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I cannot believe the experience we had. We were referred to this resort and were specific about our reservation requests. However upon arrival we were taken to 4 rooms, including rooms that housekeeping had not yet been inside, and even worse....occupied units.

Our evening in our room was nice, however I received my credit card statement and was overcharged for the room by over $100.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I do apologize that you did not receive the quality experience that we are typically known for. If you could please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do wish we could have left you with a better impression and I am confident that we would be able to do that if given another chance. Thank you for you feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Basically, if you don't look the part of being a rich and wealthy guest, they will look down on you and push you to the side. The prices are outrageous for this type of service. The only plus is the golf course. Very well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am very sorry to read that you had shortfalls during your stay with us. I will be addressing the issues with the appropriate departments that were listed in your review. If you can please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do apologize as this is not the normal level of service we are known for.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Napa for my birthday at the beginning of this month. It started with a brunch at Domaine Carneros and ended with a exquisite stay at Silverado. We were upgraded to a wonderful and well appointed room. We've stayed at Silverado in the past and the rooms were outdated and in much need of a makeover so it was great to see that not only were the rooms updated but they were given a glamours and modern feel. Bravo to the designers! The staff surprised me with a personalized birthday card, champagne, and cheese plate which was the perfect end to the perfect day.
The next morning we had a fabulous tennis lesson from a talented and attentive tennis team. Our lessons went past checkout so the tennis pro was kind enough to call the front and get us a late checkout so we could enjoy our time on the courts. Excellent service!

Room Tip: I can't remember which room we stayed in but defiantly request an updated/remodeled room!
1  Thank Cori H

Thank you so much for you positive feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to spend your birthday here at Silverado and had such a great time. We hope to see you again soon around the resort. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Location perfect for day trips . Perfect villas nicely decorated, leisure areas and spa / training facilities super good. We used the pool, played tennis and golfed. Everything in good shape. The Club restaurant served good quality food.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the décor and the leisure areas. We have recently refinished our tennis courts and are in the process of renovating many areas around property. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I made the reservation at the same time with my friend by phone. We both got the same type of room and asked if we could have both rooms in the same area since we were traveling together. We were assured that they would be and then we both paid for our rooms after each other while talking to the same associate. Then when we arrived my friend's room was upgraded to another room but mine wasn't. Our rooms were on complete opposite sides of each other at the resort. In Our room the bathroom toilet didn't work well and there was hair clogging the drain of the shower. There wasn't a ice bucket or wine glasses or wine opener. There wasn't a safe that I could find in the room to put my items in for safe storage and when we ordered a pot of coffee from room service we were not told the tip was included in the charge so we tipped her extra when we didn't have to. Also we reserved the room with the wine package which should of came with a complementary bottle of wine and free wine tasting and we never received anything. Upon checking out I had to wait 15 min while two employees were trying to figure out something on the computer and didn't even acknowledge me. Very bad experience over all. I thought by making reservation through them it would be easier and more likely to get good sevice but I think I'll just stick to online reservation companies instead at least that way I get a rewards.

• Stayed: June 2014

First off, let me start by thanking you for your review - regardless if it is good or bad, we need to hear what we are doing right and what things we can make some improvements on. I am very sorry to read that you had several shortfalls during your stay with us. If you can please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do apologize as this is not the normal level of service we are known for.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!