“This is a 5 star spa”

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Austin, Texas
“This is a 5 star spa”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently, I enjoyed a day at the spa while my husband attended the NASCAR race in Sonoma. From the time I walked in the door, I was pampered. Lisa provided me with the Lavender Mint Clay Wrap and Kathleen gave me a great Silverado Relaxation Massage. Both treatments were top notch. I regret that I didn't utilize the spa during my other visits to the resort. I will definitely make this part of my routine on any future Napa trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the say and will be adding this to you list of things to do on your future visits. We will make sure to acknowledge both our staff members who provided the wonderful service. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I know the region well, having lived not far away for a while and so I brought my wife and her family here for the first time to show them Napa and the great things the region has to offer. The hotel is on a beautiful property, great looking golf courses (I did not play on them) and in a good location. Upon checking in to my room, they first did not give me the configuration I asked for (wanted one king bed and was given two double beds and being me and my wife in the room, this was not very romantic). However, that is not really a big deal as that happens from time to time. Then in one of the drawers, there was a pair of socks and tighty whiteys from, presumably, the previous guest. that shows a pretty poor version of cleaning. The chairs on the balcony seemed to have been cleaned no sooner than a month prior given how much dirt was accumulated on the plastic straps comprising the seat and back. Then the electricity and this is more a problem with the unit or the building in general. My wife tried using the hair dryer and after a minute, the power on half of our unit cut off. I had to call maintenance to show me where the breakers were (hidden behind a painting in the front hall). So we flipped the breaker switch and it did it again, two more times! So, forget about using the hair dryer if you want to keep your electricity.

To me, these are details that should have been basic and not been an issue. It makes what was an otherwise fabulous stay, memorable for the details that they missed.

On a positive note, we had fantastic service from Carlton, who helped us when we moved rooms and he explained the entire resort to us in detail (which nobody else had done upon our check in) and was a great help and very, very friendly (and cracking a few jokes) and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Another positive note: despite not playing the golf courses, they looked to be in amazing shape and judging from the practice green, the greens roll true and fast - perfect condition, in my opinion.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
We appreciate you letting us know about what was found during your stay. I am very sorry to read that about the several shortfalls during your stay with us. If you can please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do apologize as this is not the normal level of service we are known for. Rest assured that we are working tirelessly to elevate the experience for your next visit and hope that we can welcome you back in order to earn your trust and loyalty with us.
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in a 3 bdrm condo about 1 mile from Mansion. The bdrms and bathrms overall were in decent shape, but the kitchen could really do with an upgrade. Cabinet doors not closing properly about to completely fall off. The coffee bar didn't have enough coffee for 5 people to enjoy which was one of our amenities. We were across the street from pool but a little more furniture should be there. Not enough places to sit when we went. We were part of a wedding group (took over 45 min for the shuttle to arrive and we missed first 1/2 hour of rehearsal dinner) after that experience w/shuttle service we started driving to the main parking lot ourselves. The wedding had rehearsal dinner and a welcome dinner/bocce night. The food was decent and wines were good. Not sure if it was outside catering or the Silverado. Enjoyed walking on property for exercise. I would rec the location if want to go wine touring good for Silverado Trail

Room Tip: Some of units had newer upgrades than ours you may want to ask when booking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are currently in the process of renovations and one of the areas of focus during the renovation is our rooms. We are look to finish up with the rooms shortly. There are a lot of great amenities to enjoy on property and was happy to see that you have the opportunity to enjoy a few of them. Again thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have stayed here many times over the past 12 years and always returned because of the location. The condo we stayed in was clean, neat and in a convenient area of the resort. The golf course was in very good shape and my husband enjoyed playing the course.
I headed off to the spa for the day - I love going to the spa wherever we stay and have been to, oh, probably more than I should admit. The spa here adds an automatic 20% tip which you sign for as you enter. I had a massage and a facial; the girl who gave me the facial was certainly not friendly nor helpful. The treatments were not as good as it could have been, no reason to do a good job. Overall, I guess it was ok, but not the quality that the prices indicate. I'm sure that if you paid when you were done, not many would consider their services at a level for a 20% tip.
Over the years, we have usually eaten away from the resort so don't have a past comparison for the dinning room/grill. But, if our dinner on this past trip is any example - go else where. We were told without reservations we had to sit in the bar area for dinner. Ok, I can understand that, but except for 2 tables the entire dining room was empty and remained so during the entire time we were there. (Eating the bar is ok with us, but it was so noisy and loud we couldn't talk with each other.) My pork chop arrived rare and had to be sent back and my husband could barely chew the steak. As we were in the bar area, service was almost nil, it was as if we were forgotten and since we were having dinner, the bar staff also ignored us. It might have helped to have a 2nd drink.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stravel146
Thank you so much for you feedback. It is nice to hear that the rooms and the golf course were both to your liking. I do apologize that you did not receive the quality experience that we are typically known for at the spa and grill. If you could please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do wish we could have left you with a better impression and I am confident that we would be able to do that if given another chance. Thank you for you feedback.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was shown to the room which was a bit of a distance away from the check in, about 1/4 mile drive and the room temperature was 86 degrees. It never totally cooled off but did get down to 73 in the middle of the night. I was somewhat shocked as in all luxury stays I have never had this occur. The room was okay but seemed compact. I truly expected a much nicer stay considering the price. I chose not to dine here as overall, I was uncomfortable with the fact that dining was so far away and you have to call for a golf cart pickup to get around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and the feedback. We have recently made some changes to our property management system letting guests pick the location of the room they wish to be in. The room that you stayed in was located on our Cottage Drive area of the resort which is a 2 minute drive from the main mansion. If you would like to discuss you visit further, please feel free to contact us at info@silveradoresort.com
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We picked Silverado for the location, the golf, the tennis and the Spa. Nothing disappointed except that I would have played even more tennis after some great clinics that are available during the week from 9:00 to 10:00 am. My husband loved the 18 holes of golf during the twilight time at 3pm, the food is good but it will be even a better experience when they get the main restaurant open again in the Mansion. We had an updated room with the one of four pools right outside our room was so private and empty it was like having our own pool. Watch the sunset from the verandah off of the Mansion. Beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for you feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities around property and would have to agree that we have a great sunset at Silverado Resort and Spa. We hope to see you again soon around the resort. Thank you for the review.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I cannot believe the experience we had. We were referred to this resort and were specific about our reservation requests. However upon arrival we were taken to 4 rooms, including rooms that housekeeping had not yet been inside, and even worse....occupied units.

Our evening in our room was nice, however I received my credit card statement and was overcharged for the room by over $100.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I do apologize that you did not receive the quality experience that we are typically known for. If you could please contact me at info@silveradoresort.com I would like to learn more of your stay. I do wish we could have left you with a better impression and I am confident that we would be able to do that if given another chance. Thank you for you feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!