“great service.”

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Jose, California
“great service.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Mark, who is a bell man/guest services, drove my family back to our condo and was very friendly and gave us tips about how to play poker and how to be smart about it. Great guy. very funny. My family and I have been coming to the is resort since i was a little boy, and now I'm carrying on the tradition with my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Ryan F.

I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed Silverado and that you were impressed by our staff, particularly Mark. We are look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to carry on with your families tradition.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
atlanta
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our family has enjoyed Silverado for many years. The new ownership has invested and improved the resort significantly in the last year. We found the renovated rooms to be inviting and comfortable. The staff is attentive and warm. Both golf and tennis were enjoyed by all. The Spa facility and staff are top notch.
A very pleasant stay and we hope to return soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed Silverado resort. We have recently refinished our tennis courts and are in the process of renovating many areas around property including our rooms. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed with another couple from June 25-29, 2014 in a 2-bedroom condo. He golfed every day and thoroughly enjoyed the two different courses. I enjoyed the spa amenities, and Michael was a wonderful massage therapist. I also had a foot reflexology treatment and used the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and pool. I was so relaxed, I didn't want to leave.
Our condo was very modern and housekeeping did an unbelievable job staying on top of our messy hubbies! I must say the amenities were pretty great.
It's just a short drive to very famous wineries, and we were able to spend one afternoon doing that.
We ate at the Grill onsite, and had probably the best clam chowder soup I've ever had.
Neither hubby nor I found one thing we can complain about (except perhaps his golf score). ;-)
If you are looking to stay in Napa Valley, I highly recommend Silverado . . . whether you golf or not.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sherry W

I am very happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed Silverado Resort and all of the amenities that we have to offer. I would have to agree that the full spa experience is very relaxing and our courses are in great shape and do pose a challenge for every golfer. Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights - a group of seven women. We chose the Silverado because the two-bedroom suite option was a great one for us. We had two rooms, and having the kitchens and dining/seating areas was perfect for us, as we could all easily gather in one suite for wine and conversation.

One of our units had recently been renovated, and the other had not, so one was nicer and newer than the other. But the older one was still very nice.

One room had a king and the other had two twins. Comfortable beds; I slept well here. We were right on the golf course, so there was a bit of early morning noise from the golfers, but only the people in the bedroom off the golf course heard it.

The property is huge, and our units were quite a distance from the main buildings, but they have shuttles with very nice drivers who are very quickly available to bring you back and forth. Items we requested from housekeeping arrived very quickly, too.

We had breakfast twice and dinner once in The Grill. Food was good.

I didn't have a chance to visit the spa, but one of our party did and said it was very nice.

I left behind a NutriBullet blender that I brought, and I called today and they are shipping it to me at no charge. Super nice of them I thought.

This was a great, pretty economical choice for a group. We would have spent so much more if we had several traditional hotel rooms, and none of the space. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for you feedback. We are very happy to hear that your group enjoyed their stay and was able to take advantage of the great property that Silverado Resort is. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon and maybe next time you will be able to go to the spa and experience it firsthand. Thank you again for the wonderful review.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night scouting sites for a Conference. Accommodations are basically condo units (from what I understand are owned as investments and managed by the resort). Stayed in a one bedroom, fireplace suite. Nice full kitchen. Most units have been recent upgraded (granite counter tops in kitchen and bathroom, flat screen Tvs, carpeting, paint, etc.). Very nice. Our unit had a small patio with table and chairs overlooking driving range. Resort has 10 pools, so you are always close to one (resort is quite expansive). We had late lunch and drinks in the Grill. Good drinks, food and service.

Upon entering our suite, we noticed a locked minibar, but we were not given a key. After lunch I retuned to the front desk and inquire about the minibar key. They apologized and gave me a key. When we returned to the room and opened the bar, we found it was completely empty. I called the front desk and they informed me that they no longer stock the minibars and that they are in the process of being removed. (Then why did they give me a key?????). I spoke with the front desk manager and he sent sent over a drink we wanted (no charge). They dropped the ball on this bit of detail.

Had breakfast Sunday morning at back the the Grill restaurant. Food still good, but service was poor. After being seated, no one came to offer water, coffee or menu (5 minutes). Party was seated next to us, and before they sat down, they were offer coffee and water (the bus boy walked away - we tried to flag him down). We finally got the attention of the hostess and asked that they send over or waiter. They failed on this one too.

They have a nice spa and fitness center, although we did not use it. We opted for a challenging (hills) morning run through the neighborhood. Beautiful morning for a run.

Despite the poor service for breakfast and the minbar mishap, the rest of the stay was nice and seems like a great place to host a conference. They are definitely near the top of my list. Too bad I didn't have more time to spend here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joebuyer
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that we are near the top of your list and look forward to your return. Thank you again for you review.
Sherwood Nd
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here June 24-27, 2014 for our anniversary. We loved the hotel. We stayed in one of the cottages on the North Course. We loved our room! They had a bottle of champagne chilling when we got there. It was a lovely view of the golf course. We golfed there and it was a very nice course. Enjoyed that very much. The cottage was very nice! Highly recommend staying there. I had read that they were going through a renovation but nothing was going on when I was there so it must be complete. I did not use the spa or the pool. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Napa. Very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi Chantel,

Happy Anniversary!! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Silverado Resort and Spa. We're glad to hear that we were able to make your visit a memorable one . Maybe next time you can come back for that spa day you haven't had quite yet?

Thanks for staying with us and please visit again soon.
Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently, my daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at the Silverado Resort in Napa. We were considering the resort not only as a home base for family and friends attending my daughter's upcoming wedding; but also for various nuptial events. Initially we were a little concerned because our rooms had been placed so far away from each other, but I cannot express how quickly these concerns were addressed. Carlton made sure we had alternate accommodations that more than fulfilled our expectations, Caesar made sure of the correct rate, and Daniel as well as Carlton gifted us with a bottle of wine with handwritten notes. Later when we met Stacey for the bridal venue tour we were equally impressed. Her knowledge was thorough and informative. She has also been responsive in following up to our emails.
So other details......
About 80 % of the rooms have been renovated very recently (I would request one). The beds are very comfortable, and the sheets of good quality.
The room was spotless. The grounds beautifully maintained.
There are many activities.
We only ate breakfast there; but it was very good.
When I called Housekeeping for extra towels they came right away...not always easy because it is a big resort.
Only complaint was no stopper in the tub.
Summary: Obviously Dolce has done a wonderful job upgrading the service and accommodations (yes I have stayed here before, among other Napa properties). So if you are looking for a Napa resort experience with lots of amenities like golf,swimming, tennis and spa and excellent service, you might want to check it out.

Room Tip: Request renovated room.