“Simply stunning!”

Ranked #18 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Colquitt, GA
“Simply stunning!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My husband and I, along with three other couples, stayed at the Poetry Inn in November 2012. I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay! We just wish we could have stayed longer and certainly plan to go back whenever possible. I agree with the previous reviews of this property......it is simply stunning.... From the property itself to the wonderful service from the innkeepers! From Taking an outdoor shower in the morning watching the hot air balloons to the heated floors and the comfy bed.....every experience was somerhing new and wonderful. The views from the Inn are unlike any other. Thank you, Poetry Inn..... For an unforgettable experience! AND make sure to go down the hill to Cliff Lede Vineyards......loved it, too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jenngarland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Connecticut
Reviewed 18 November 2012

If there is a word, I would use it to describe the Poetry Inn. My husband and I stayed at the Poetry Inn a month ago. The reason for my delay in writing this review is because I’ve finally gotten out of my depression from leaving. Once you go there, you don’t want to leave. It has everything you could ever want for a vacation, or for living there for the rest of your life!

Location: We had THE best view of Napa and the Stags Leap district. It’s a close drive to many of the popular vineyards and since we were there for enough days, we could go to 2 a day not have rent a driver or go on the train with masses.

The room: The inn was designed by the same designer for Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn so we felt like we were living in the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog. And every detail was thought out so perfectly in the room. I don’t want to give away everything but my favorites were the heated floors and the baskets in the bathroom that organized me so I wasn’t living out of my luggage. And I have to mention this to the women out there: leave your hairdryers at home!!! They don’t provide a cheap $20 hairdryer that fits into the wall, they provide a T3 hairdryer!! I gasped and swore when I saw it! The private balcony is pure serenity. Every morning I would see a half dozen hot air balloons in the distance.

Service: The Inn keepers Chris, Leona and Henrike are amazing. They are the perfect balance of service that you would get a 5-star hotel but they give you the privacy of an Inn. Each of them gave their own special touch to make the experience remarkable. Breakfasts there are unreal. I day-dream about the breakfasts there with the view of Napa. Especially those Bouchon pastries!! And they’re there to answer any of your little silly questions. Leone gave us a beautiful welcome and tour of our room. She also made reservations for us at this great restaurant in Downtown Napa. Henrike plated our meats and cheeses we got from Dean Deluca and made this amazing presentation. It made for best lunch/afternoon snack with of course that breath taking view. Chris sent us off when we left with coffee and pastries and a little memento from the Inn. They truly are the best of the best.

We had a couples massage and that was incredible too. They picked us up in our room and gave us even softer robes than our room robes and heated neck pillows.

We arranged for a private dinner prepared by the chef and it was sensational!

When we went into town to the restaurants and wineries and shops and told them we were staying at the Poetry Inn, their reaction was always “OH WOW! YOU’RE LUCKY!” It’s like we were rock-stars because we were staying at the Poetry Inn. That’s how we felt too!!

We had been on a waitlist for this reservation and made the reservation about 6 months in advance and it was worth the wait and worth every penny we spent!! And with the level of service and accommodations you’re offered at this Inn, the room rate is very reasonable.

Not only do my husband and I want to go back, we want to live there! I didn’t leave my heart in San Francisco; I left it at the Poetry Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbhayes21
Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was our second time staying at Poetry Inn and it was our honeymoon so expectations were high. Poetry Inn delivered once again, private dining, attention to gluten free requirements for all meals and still amazing. The staff took care of our every whim and gave us our complete privacy at all times, hard balance. The Inn is a beautiful building with great views of the Stag's Leap district. It was difficult to leave the property but did on occasion to enjoy the a ballon ride, wine tastings and dinners that the staff coordinated for us, some with just a moments request from us. We also had a great time at their sister property, Cliff Lede Vineyard just down the hill from the Inn. Thanks Poetry Inn for making our visit relaxing and so much fun. Till next time, Cheers!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanderer062
California
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Poetry Inn, and were delighted with our time there. The innkeepers have carefully thought out every aspect of the guest experience, starting with (and starring) the amazing architecture of the inn itself, which boasts spectacular views. If I am not mistaken, every guest room, as well as the airy, welcoming central area, shares expansive, unobstructed views of Napa Valley.

The rooms are decorated in light colors, making already the already generous space feel even larger. Our room had an outdoor shower with lounging area, as well as a separate deck area with loungers and an eating area. Toiletries are by l'Occitane en Provence (our room had verbena-scented products, which just happens to be my favorite). The bed has high-quality down pillows and bed-topper, with warm blankets as well as a fluffy duvet. Even in fine boutique properties, industrial laundry services can mean somewhat scratchy linens, but not so at the Poetry Inn. Towels, sheets, napkins, and even the bath mats were exceptionally soft. This might seem like a strange, small thing to mention, but these small details let guests feel cocooned in luxury and relaxation, with absolutely no fly in the ointment.

What truly made the Poetry Inn exceptional for us was the service, central to which was the genuine goodwill of the innkeepers. A small example of their kind attention: when we arrived, it was near dinnertime, but we didn't want to cope with the Friday night crowds. We mentioned our plan of going and getting some picnic materials, and we were warmly invited to bring everything back to the inn. We expected to make do for ourselves on our deck, but instead we were welcomed with a table set for dinner. Innkeeper Chris whisked our provisions back to a kitchen, and returned with our purchases elegantly arranged on a cheeseboard. He served us our wine as if we were in a restaurant. It was heaven to sit on that lovely deck and eat our snacks as we watched the sun get low in the sky over the valley.

I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LiteraryChick123
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were spoilt.

A wonderful welcome, a fabulous room with outdoor shower, a huge balcony on which we enjoyed a wonderful private dining experience (with dinner created especially for our dietry whims) and a gorgeous breakfast. The best service we have ever enjoyed thanks to Chris Parkes who would notice all your needs almost before you had yourself. Utter indulgence. And the view across the valley was beautiful. The memory will last...

Room Tip: The Walt Whitman room was wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TiggyWalker
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was our first trip to Napa and we decided to splurge on this leg of our West Coast road trip. It was well worth it; the Poetry Inn is absolutely faultless.

We stayed in the Robert Louis Stevenson suite and lamented the fact that we had asked the innkeepers to book tastings for us as we could have just stayed indoors the entire time and been happy. The room was absolutely massive, with a separate living area (complete with functional fireplace!) and huge bathroom, not to mention outdoor shower area and wraparound balcony.

The service we received was extraordinary, from help getting a last minute slot at a tasting at a vineyard that was fully booked to the delicious three-course breakfasts (always starting off with a fresh pastry from Bouchon!). As someone below mentioned, I highly recommend the tour at Cliff Lede, just across the street. It was the most informative tour we did while in wine country.

What is most important to us is that while it was no doubt luxurious, it was not pretentious in the slightest. We felt comfortable and relaxed the entire time. Will absolutely return during the next trip to Napa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank picklebunny1
NY
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Wow!!! That pretty much sums up how we feel about our three-day stay at the Poetry Inn just over a year ago. We chose this amazing inn on the recommendation of our wedding planner and ended up spending the first three days of our honeymoon here. Well, it was definitely worth the splurge! We have seen and stayed at countless places in the Napa/Sonoma area, and this is truly a gem!

The beautiful location and privacy of the Poetry Inn are unparalleled. It almost feels like your own home. The rooms are spectacular, the views to die for, and the service impeccable. The multi-course morning breakfast, which you can have on our private terrace or anywhere else you wish, is absolutely amazing. Yes, it all comes with a certain price tag, but for a special occasion, there is no better spot in the area.

We stayed in the Emily Dickinson Suite, which was gorgeous. Giant indoor-outdoor shower and bathroom, comfy King bed with plush linens, giant windows with amazing views of the Napa Valley, fireplace and lovely sitting area, modern sound system and TV, small fridge/bar area, and the list goes own... in one word: perfection!

We got hot stone massages in the private spa, which could not have been more relaxing. Throughout our stay, the service was attentive and accommodating, no matter our desires or schedule. We felt completely spoiled. The best thing about the Poetry Inn is that it feels completely remote, yet is really just a few minutes drive from the best restaurants and vineyards Napa Valley has to offer.

A year later, we are still dreaming about our stay at the Poetry Inn and cannot wait to come back in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RandB00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Hotel Yountville
#5 of 6 in Yountville
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Poetry Inn? Share your experiences!