“Dream stay”

Poetry Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
“Dream stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

It's like your own private villa in wine country. Five rooms, private chef, arrange a massage. The rooms are spectacular, each in their own way, some with private outdoor terraces for morning tea. The cliff Lede wine made by the owner of this retreat inn is as impeccable as everything else here. But for the disappointing tiny pool, it would rank at the level of post ranch inn.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Adam G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Napa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Once again we had a fabulous romantic getaway 15 minutes from our own home. Look in the dictionary for relaxation and you'll find a picture of Poetry Inn. The service from Leona was exceptional, the Breggo wines were delicious and the help changing restaurant recommendations was great. The E.E. Cummings room is now a suite and most definitely our favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew W
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed at the Poetry Inn for three nights for our wedding anniversary. It was the perfect choice in every respect. The Inn sits on a hillside, surrounded by vineyards and with views across the valley and foothills in the distance. There are only five large rooms at the Inn, each named for a different poet; ours was the Emily Dickinson room. The rooms differ in size but with every comfort and amenity, including wood burning fireplaces and indoor/outdoor showers. Massage and Facials can be arranged. We were greeted by Leona, one of two innkeepers, to wine and a cheese/charcuterie platter, prepared by the chef. Service was prompt, subtle and friendly in a genuine way. The other innkeeper, Henricka, was equally pleasant, genuine and effective. The Inn is blissfully quiet and very romantic. A bountiful and delicious brunch is included every day, with the room. Vineyards and tasting are nearby in every direction. A highlight was the Cliff Lede vineyard (same owner as the Poetry Inn), where we had a combined tour of the operation, a witty and fascinating account of wine making, followed by a tasting and pairing with food. The nearby towns of Yountville and St. Helena offer specialty shops, art galleries, etc. on a quaint main street, enjoyable for strolling. One easily loses track of time. A wonderful experience all in all.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katlovr
Colquitt, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

My husband and I, along with three other couples, stayed at the Poetry Inn in November 2012. I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay! We just wish we could have stayed longer and certainly plan to go back whenever possible. I agree with the previous reviews of this property......it is simply stunning.... From the property itself to the wonderful service from the innkeepers! From Taking an outdoor shower in the morning watching the hot air balloons to the heated floors and the comfy bed.....every experience was somerhing new and wonderful. The views from the Inn are unlike any other. Thank you, Poetry Inn..... For an unforgettable experience! AND make sure to go down the hill to Cliff Lede Vineyards......loved it, too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jenngarland
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

If there is a word, I would use it to describe the Poetry Inn. My husband and I stayed at the Poetry Inn a month ago. The reason for my delay in writing this review is because I’ve finally gotten out of my depression from leaving. Once you go there, you don’t want to leave. It has everything you could ever want for a vacation, or for living there for the rest of your life!

Location: We had THE best view of Napa and the Stags Leap district. It’s a close drive to many of the popular vineyards and since we were there for enough days, we could go to 2 a day not have rent a driver or go on the train with masses.

The room: The inn was designed by the same designer for Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn so we felt like we were living in the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog. And every detail was thought out so perfectly in the room. I don’t want to give away everything but my favorites were the heated floors and the baskets in the bathroom that organized me so I wasn’t living out of my luggage. And I have to mention this to the women out there: leave your hairdryers at home!!! They don’t provide a cheap $20 hairdryer that fits into the wall, they provide a T3 hairdryer!! I gasped and swore when I saw it! The private balcony is pure serenity. Every morning I would see a half dozen hot air balloons in the distance.

Service: The Inn keepers Chris, Leona and Henrike are amazing. They are the perfect balance of service that you would get a 5-star hotel but they give you the privacy of an Inn. Each of them gave their own special touch to make the experience remarkable. Breakfasts there are unreal. I day-dream about the breakfasts there with the view of Napa. Especially those Bouchon pastries!! And they’re there to answer any of your little silly questions. Leone gave us a beautiful welcome and tour of our room. She also made reservations for us at this great restaurant in Downtown Napa. Henrike plated our meats and cheeses we got from Dean Deluca and made this amazing presentation. It made for best lunch/afternoon snack with of course that breath taking view. Chris sent us off when we left with coffee and pastries and a little memento from the Inn. They truly are the best of the best.

We had a couples massage and that was incredible too. They picked us up in our room and gave us even softer robes than our room robes and heated neck pillows.

We arranged for a private dinner prepared by the chef and it was sensational!

When we went into town to the restaurants and wineries and shops and told them we were staying at the Poetry Inn, their reaction was always “OH WOW! YOU’RE LUCKY!” It’s like we were rock-stars because we were staying at the Poetry Inn. That’s how we felt too!!

We had been on a waitlist for this reservation and made the reservation about 6 months in advance and it was worth the wait and worth every penny we spent!! And with the level of service and accommodations you’re offered at this Inn, the room rate is very reasonable.

Not only do my husband and I want to go back, we want to live there! I didn’t leave my heart in San Francisco; I left it at the Poetry Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbhayes21
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was our second time staying at Poetry Inn and it was our honeymoon so expectations were high. Poetry Inn delivered once again, private dining, attention to gluten free requirements for all meals and still amazing. The staff took care of our every whim and gave us our complete privacy at all times, hard balance. The Inn is a beautiful building with great views of the Stag's Leap district. It was difficult to leave the property but did on occasion to enjoy the a ballon ride, wine tastings and dinners that the staff coordinated for us, some with just a moments request from us. We also had a great time at their sister property, Cliff Lede Vineyard just down the hill from the Inn. Thanks Poetry Inn for making our visit relaxing and so much fun. Till next time, Cheers!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanderer062
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Poetry Inn, and were delighted with our time there. The innkeepers have carefully thought out every aspect of the guest experience, starting with (and starring) the amazing architecture of the inn itself, which boasts spectacular views. If I am not mistaken, every guest room, as well as the airy, welcoming central area, shares expansive, unobstructed views of Napa Valley.

The rooms are decorated in light colors, making already the already generous space feel even larger. Our room had an outdoor shower with lounging area, as well as a separate deck area with loungers and an eating area. Toiletries are by l'Occitane en Provence (our room had verbena-scented products, which just happens to be my favorite). The bed has high-quality down pillows and bed-topper, with warm blankets as well as a fluffy duvet. Even in fine boutique properties, industrial laundry services can mean somewhat scratchy linens, but not so at the Poetry Inn. Towels, sheets, napkins, and even the bath mats were exceptionally soft. This might seem like a strange, small thing to mention, but these small details let guests feel cocooned in luxury and relaxation, with absolutely no fly in the ointment.

What truly made the Poetry Inn exceptional for us was the service, central to which was the genuine goodwill of the innkeepers. A small example of their kind attention: when we arrived, it was near dinnertime, but we didn't want to cope with the Friday night crowds. We mentioned our plan of going and getting some picnic materials, and we were warmly invited to bring everything back to the inn. We expected to make do for ourselves on our deck, but instead we were welcomed with a table set for dinner. Innkeeper Chris whisked our provisions back to a kitchen, and returned with our purchases elegantly arranged on a cheeseboard. He served us our wine as if we were in a restaurant. It was heaven to sit on that lovely deck and eat our snacks as we watched the sun get low in the sky over the valley.

I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room in the place!