“Like Coming Home”

and 1 more site!
Candlelight Inn Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2006

My wife and I were actually on our way to a big "resort and county club" situated adjacent to the Silverado Trail. Deciding that the rooms were only "OK," we drove to the Candlelight Inn, where we had stayed once before. We were shown two lovely rooms, and chose one with a fireplace and Jacuzzi. We mentioned casually that it was my Birthday when we checked in and, upon our return from a little wine tasting, we found two splits of sparkling wine on ice, truffles and a personalized "Happy Birthday" greeting! The rooms are lovely and quaint, the beds are scrumptious, and the Inn and grounds are immaculate ... but the Breakfasts! The three-course breakfast "by candlelight" that chef-co-owner Mark prepares is fabulous! Both Mark and Wendy were delightful; the entire staff was attentive and helpful. The location - although surprising to begin with (as you drive down the residential cul-de-sac) is just about the perfect jumping off spot for trips up the Napa Valley or down around the Sonoma County area ... and it is a "scary" 3 block proximity to the Napa Outlet Village (my Wife made her requisite "deposit" at the Coach Factory Outlet store). We only live about one hour away, but my wife and I will surely go "home" again to the Candlelight Inn on our next Napa Valley Wine tasting adventure!

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank Thom_Tina
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Glad to have you home again. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 January 2006

My wife and I stayed at the CLI over a weekend in January and we stayed in Room 10, "The Winemaker"

First off, congratulations to the owners for the website...too many B&B's depict a serene and beautiful setting and when you show up, the place is either 1) a dump, 2) in the middle of a bustling neighborhood or 3) both. CLI is actually more beautiful in person than in the pictures...the house itself was gorgeous.

The Room: The only part of my stay that I would change was the room. We had an almost perfect visit -- I think switching to a more intimate area of the house would have made my 9 stay a 10. The Winemaker is just off the dining room and it can be a little loud...you can hear other guests coming and going and talking. The room was also FREEZING when we checked in, but quickly remedied with an electric heater designed to resemble a woodburning stove. The room was comfortable and beautiful, but next time I'll book for a different area of the house. One other minor point -- and my wife is going to kill me for even mentioning this -- everything in the entire room was first class except the television, which looks like it is 20 years old and worked intermittently at best. I think either a $200 investment in a new tv or removing it from the room altogether would be wise. I realize that not many people go to a Napa B&B to watch tv (and neither did I!), but after a long day of wine tasting, it would have been nice to catch the NFL playoffs while relaxing before bed.

The Breakfast: Very good. No menu choices, just three courses of what the chef has whipped up...I loved this aspect but if you have dietary restrictions, you may want to mention them when booking -- I'd be willing to bet the farm that CLI could accommodate any request. The best of the weekend was the banana pancakes with caramel sauce.

We took a van tour of several wineries and stopped at several other B&B's to pick up fellow tasters (this was all set up by CLI). CLI was far and away the nicest of the B&Bs at which we stopped.

Bottom line is that this is truly a fine place -- the kind of place that you want your parents to visit. I don't think I ever met Mark but Wendy was always ready with a refill, a smile and great advice on the area.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Alberta_Bound222

Thank you for the the review.

Reviewed 11 January 2006

The Candlelight Inn was a great place to stay. My wife and I went for a weekend get-away to celebrate her birthday. I chose the Inn because of the reviews I read on this Website, and we couldn't have been more pleased. We arrived a little late on a Friday night. Mark suggested a few restaurants to try, and immediately got us reservations that night and the next night. The breakfasts were AMAZING! Their suggestions of things to do during the day were great as well. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the staff was very nice and accomodating. My wife had a great time, I had a great time, and we told all of our family and friends about the Candlelight Inn too. Very high recommendations from us. Cheers!

1  Thank rp239119

Thanks for the wonderful 5 star review.

Reviewed 21 December 2005

We went to Candlelight Inn for the first week-end of December. This is the same week-end where Napa B&Bs had an open house. We found the Christmas decorations at Candlelight Inn to be delightful. We enjoyed their three course meals in the morning (and they were always willing to pour more beverages). Very good food! We enjoyed our room - large. 2 person jacuzzi, fireplace, porch sitting area; comforable bed; nice bathroom. All in all a joy. About the only thing we did not like is that we were there in December on a cool day....if we had been there in June, we would have immediately taken a swim in their wonderful looking swimming pool. The amenties/service/ and friendliness of the B&B hosts are second to none. Its also nice that this is on a quiet street in Napa - its very easy to get to places, but it feels like home the moment you step into the B&B. We were surprised how comfortable they made you feel from the very first minute you were at the place. Highly recommend it to all

3  Thank mini

Thanks for the visit and the review too.

Reviewed 20 December 2005

I felt like I was at home...only better! Breakfast was picture perfect...and the chocolate cake (with milk) for my afternoon "sweet" was yummy : )

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank baker195

Glad you felt like you are at home.
: )

Reviewed 8 December 2005

My husband and I just returned from our second visit to the Candlelight Inn and as before received a warm welcome, an amentity recogition that this was a return visit, and impeccable service and attention. Mark and Wendy and their staff create a relaxing and energizing environment from which to tour and experience the best of the Napa Valley wine and restaurant community. Staying at the Candlelight Inn is like visiting a dear friend.

1  Thank Peju

Thank you for staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 December 2005

My husband and I agree that this was one of the BEST vacations we have ever had and we owe it all to the folks at Candlelight Inn. We did the ultimate wine country package and every event was perfect! From the cozy, romantic room to the hot air balloon ride with fall colors, every detail was perfect. The gourmet breakfast, champagne and chocolates were delicious too. If you want a memorable place to stay, Candlelight Inn is it!

• Stayed: November 2005