“Wonderful stay- modern rooms!”
Review of Andaz Napa

Andaz Napa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful stay- modern rooms!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my third time staying at this hotel. Each visit reminds me as to why I continue to return. The rooms are modern and spacious, complimentary wine at check-in, with a great downtown location- walking distance to everything. Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room are also complimentary! I usually do not comment on the bedding, but the Andaz comforters and sheets are so fluffy and soft. Our room had a huge bathtub, nice amenities, and an electric fireplace. The rooms are so cozy that you do not want to leave!
Ever since they removed their front desk, the check-in process is a little confusing. When I walked into the lobby it was packed and I didn't know where to check-in. I ended up asking someone for help who was standing near a computer... only to find out this person was another guest. Not a big deal... just a change from my last visit. I look forward to my next stay at the Andaz Napa hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms next to the outdoor fire pit and patio are quite loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We booked for two days and made this our home base for travel between Napa and Sonoma and couldn't be happier. Check-in was a breeze with complimentary wine being offered as well as two different flavored waters (one with citrus, one with cucumber). The room was of better than average size with a king bed and large glass double shower (I'm jealous that other travelers received upgrades as this room was great by any standards as it was, but I'll take the upgrade if I can get it). The staff was extemely friendly on checking in as well as responding to any questions about the area, tours or directions. There are numerous free amenities which include (and I'm sure I'll forget some): Morning fruit and beverages in the lobby, wifi in the rooms - not just the lobby, wine in the afternoon, parking, bottled water offered before we left the hotel on our journeys and indeed, all snacks and non-alcoholic drinks to be found in the room as well.

A great value with a decidedly big city vibe yet a small town friendliness of staff with plenty of extras that make you exclaim more than once: "What, this is free too?" I'll return.

Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were looking for a destination spot for one night, before heading up to Rutherford for a weekend stay at Auberge du Soleil. We wanted a hotel with a "cool vibe" and we have stayed at other Andaz properties so we were confident the hotel would meet our expectations. The check-in process was fast and service was great (LOVED that we were offered a glass of wine upon check-in). We were upgraded and our room was spacious (I am a sucker for fireplaces, so the upgrade to the Loft Room was great). We immediately went to the lobby bar and then off to courtyard on 2nd floor to sit and plan out our evening activities (all within walking distance). We hit all the following places and it was a perfect night.

- Bounty Hunter (Happy Hour was great!) Loved their BBQ and extensive wine list.
- Zuzu's - "Must Have" Spanish Tapas
- Oxbow Market - More wine tasting and shopping... purchased lots of great spices at Whole Spice! Also picked up some great chocolates from Annette's to pair with our nightcap.

Went back with wine and chocolates and hung out at the courtyard fire pit... rocked ourselves to sleep in the comfortable rocking chairs.

Great place to stay and walk around to all the restaurants and shops. We will definitely come back to Andaz but next time we will also add Ca'Momi to our food list. Their handcrafted wood fire pizza located in Oxbow Market looked amazing! CHEERS...

Room Tip: We booked our room on-line and had the opportunity to "pre-pay" a small fee for an upgrade...
1 Thank JBMBZ
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here in 2011 from a recommendation I received from a friend. We had a WONDERFUL experience and it was so beautiful and clean. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and booked all of our dinner reservations. They also have a wine tasting every evening and a nice outdoor top deck and fireplace where you can cozy up and drink more wine.

Only negatives - I think it's gotten a little more expensive since the last time we visited. Also, it happened to be a little further than the wineries we visited.

I will definitely be staying here next time we are in Napa!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I recently made the Andaz Napa our home base for a three day winery trip throughout Napa Valley. Our room had a sitting area and a fireplace - king bed - soaking tub and a very large shower. The bathroom is all marble. We did as many wineries as time would allow and the hotel is a short 15 minute drive to most of the wineries in Napa Valley. I highly recommend Andaz Napa

Hillsborough, NJ
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had a great 3 night stay at the Andaz Napa. The Andaz chain of boutique style hotels (part of the Hyatt chain), is quickly becoming my favorite place to stay. Having recently stayed in their New York locations, I knew it was where I wanted to stay on my trip to Napa.

Check-in is typical Andaz meaning there is no front desk. Instead you are greeted by a casually dressed representative with an ipad. A quick confirmation and a swipe of your credit card and you're off to your room. Check-in took less than two minutes. There is free self parking directly behind the hotel or valet parking for $19 a day.

We were upgraded to a Andaz Loft suite with a nice two sided fireplace, freestanding tub in the bedroom and a large bathroom. Andaz rooms are known for their hardwood floors, boutique style furnishings and free mini-bars (non-alcoholic drinks and snacks). Our room on the 5th floor looked out over the back of the property and the terrace bar below.The terrace bar is open from late afternoon to 10:00PM and has a great fire pit, rocking chairs and cabana style seating areas. My only complaint is that it closes too early. They should at least leave the fire pit on to 11 or 12.

Everything about the hotel is warm, inviting and comfortable. On our last trip we stayed at the Napa Marriott and the two hotels couldn't be any more opposite. The Andaz downtown location makes it easy to walk to just about any restaurant, shopping or attraction in the town of Napa. It's also close to the two major roads that go through the Napa Valley and all the Vineyards, Rt. 29 and the Silverado Trail.

You simply can't go wrong by making the Andaz your home base while visiting Napa. It will definitely be the hotel I choose on my next trip to the Napa Valley,

Room Tip: Try to get a loft room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
AndazNapaManagement, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Greetings from Andaz Napa!!!

Thank you very much for your kind comments and follow up with the Trip Advisor community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we have already passed this on to the team.

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Andaz Large Loft, one of our more spacious room types. Your review was truly flattering and we could not have explained our guest experience and location any better. As we grow locations around the globe you will have even more places to enjoy our Andaz level of hospitality.

As a Hotel and team we look forward to being able to welcome you back on your visits to Napa, hopefully sooner than later!

Warm Regards,
Greg Nomura
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The check-in was painless and we had a complementary glass of wine while we waited. The staff were all true professionals and exceptionally attentive. For the money, services and convenience this was by far our favorite place to stay. Beautiful semi-partitioned rooms w/spacious design, complementary: wifi, non-alc drinks, and snacks. Absolutely phenomenal stay!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!