“Staff make it great”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Staff make it great”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Rooms are very nice but a bit quirky for anyone on business travel.
Bed is perfect (hard but enveloping)
No work desk or chair but the staff made my stay productive with all requests.
TV's are NOT arranged to have access to inputs for computer's or games but they got me a room (ADA) which allowed that.They also got me a work friendly chair !!!!
They are missing important TV channels like AMC & NBCSN for the Olympics,soccer,F1 etc.
Internet speed is 6.5 out of 10 but reliable.
Food is very good.Downtown Joe's is the bar for sports fans (8 TV's +all DirecTVchannels)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank WF1Gontour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Korean first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Loved, loved, loved our stay here! Attention to detail will have you marveling at all the unique features. Tasteful, chic, contemporary yet somehow down to earth decor. The hardwood floors in the rooms are beautiful, the bathroom is fantastic with the waterfall shower, and the beds made me wonder how I could order one just like it. The pillows.....the best. Uber soft and fluffy, yet supportive. Seriously. The free snacks were just right and a nice touch. The parking is in the common area behind the hotel. I think that our reservation notice should have spelled this out, or perhaps I missed something. So, you park on the third floor and then it's just a hop and skip to the front entrance on the main street. Did I say the decor is exquisite? Quirky and elegant at the same time. The lemon or cucumber water is refreshing in the lounge and their bar for coffee and drinks is down to earth and welcoming. The lighting in the whole hotel really sets the mood. And the crackly mirrors down the halls with the back lighting is just so simply clever. I want them! This is what boutique hotels are all about. The cafe serves very good food, although not huge portions (that's good). Absolutely delicious! And very unique as well. You'll want to linger near the roaring fire. It's rare that hotels make you want to stay as part of the experience and not rush to your excursions. This says something since it's located in Napa and there's wonderful excursions to be had! I REALLY, REALLY love this hotel and I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PubRelGal
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night only which was definitely too short. It's a very nice hotel. The staffs, the bed and everything. Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are all free in the room! I would love to go back day. Only thing to comment on is- their wine (the welcome drink) doesn't taste so good.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank XtinaY
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Fantastic stay! Awesome room and an all together first class experience. They do it right at the Andaz. The only hiccup was no wine host for their happy hour, but they gladly poured wine from the bar instead. After staying there, I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else. It's walking distance to great restaurants, bars, and the Oxbow market. The bed in our room for unbelievably comfy. I almost had to take the sheets off to find out what brand it was so I could go get one myself, but my wife talked me out of it.
My only suggestion to the hotel is to put some sheer curtains in the room so you can have some natural light without the people across the street be able to see right in.

Room Tip: We were on the very top front of the hotel and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I should have written this review a long time ago as we went to the Andaz Napa last November. But it was such a great experience that I wanted to make sure that I had enough time in front of me to write about every little details.
First when we arrived at the hotel, I was a bit surprised to see the valet parking staff wearing t-shirts, not exactly what you expect for a 5 stars hotel. But the guys were very nice and very efficient. When we walked in the hotel itself, we were about to experience one of the warmest welcome ever, although not traditional. Note that there are no reception desk, the staff just waits for you in the lobby and do the check-in on a iPad while seating with you on the couch. By the time we were checking-in they offered us a complementary glass of red wine.
The hotel itself is very nice and stylish. What I particularly appreciated about the decor is the effort that they make on having local, recovered and green building material, furnitures, and accessories. Now let's talk about the room itself. This was one of the nicest hotel room I ever been in. We were fortunate enough to have a suite with a separate living room and fireplace. We were on the street side and it was very quiet. The bed and linen were very comfortable. We could enjoy the bathrobes, always greatly appreciated. And finally, the bathroom… it was absolutely perfect. Huge, with a great shower, very stylish. Nice towels, quality shampoo, conditioner and body cream. I just love it when hotels are paying special attention to the bathroom.
The room service was just great and discreet but yet efficient. The room was always spotless (we were there for 3 nights).
Notes:
We were there on the very low season, (end of November), we had a very good deal and the hotel was quiet.
I do not usually pay for valet parking but here for $20 a day, it's worth it. Sorry to say but if you can afford the hotel you can certainly afford this little luxury because I have to admit that parking can be challenging in downtown Napa. All municipal parkings are 3 hours maximum.
There is one restaurant in the hotel, but we did not try it. At the time were were there, the restaurant was only serving burgers at night. We did not try it for breakfast as well.
If you are planning a stay in Napa, I certainly recommend that you consider this hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a room on the street side, not sure about having a room near the terrace.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MontrealDreamers
California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Welcomed by Omar, our check-in was quick and easy. The rooms are very modern and clean, and we enjoyed the all the freebies bottled water, soda, snacks and wifi. The best was the free parking and easy access to our car. The rooms are a little noisy, but things quieted down after 11PM. Great breakfast with healthy menu choices. Staff directed us to local restaurants that were excellent : Fish Story and Oenotri. Appreciated the Happy Hour as we spent so much time eating at the CIA and touring the CIA, we didn't get to do much wine tasting the first day! We have stayed in many hotels in the wine country but will definitely be coming back to Andaz!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room?
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CaliforniaHarmony
Reno Nv
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed here twice now and have had an excellent experience both times. The check in process is super cool and very efficient. We came here for our 15th wedding anniversary and they upgraded us for free. The rooms are super clean and the beds are really comfortable. The only challenge for us was the 20-25 minute drive to the St. Helena area restaurants and wineries. Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!