“Unpretentious atmosphere five-star food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mustards Grill

Mustards Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mustards Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Aged for almost 30 years in the Napa Valley… Since its beginnings as a local gathering spot over 29 years ago, Mustards Grill has blossomed into a destination for all who appreciate memorable food, superb wines and a warm welcome. Mustards food is Chef/Owner Cindy Pawlcyn’s mix of American regional dishes with global influences. The list of “Way Too Many Wines” represents the best from appellations throughout California and the New World. Mustards is an American Grill, featuring flavors from around the globe. The wood-burning grill produces such favorites as Cindy’s famous Mongolian Pork Chop, chipotle –rubbed Quail, and the ½ pound Niman Ranch hamburger. The oakwood smoker fills the restaurant with aromas of BBQ baby back ribs and tea-smoked Peking duck. Specialties include Seared Ahi Tuna on sesame crackers and Crispy Calamari tossed with curried slaw. The eclectic wine list features hard to find gems from California, the American Northwest, & South America.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unpretentious atmosphere five-star food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you are visiting St Helena and looking for a place to eat lunch or dinner, Mustards Grill is a great option. But make sure you make reservations! The only reservation that was open was at 5 pm. Great unpretentious atmosphere, wonderful service with fabulous food. Fresh from the garden! The wine list, which one would expect in Napa, was first class. The Pinot Noir was excellent as was the seafood risotto. Many options, but not overwhelming.

• Visited April 2014

Austin, Texas
“First class food & service, this place is worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place offers a diverse menu, with fantastic gluten and dairy free options. I had rabbit and my wife had ribs, both were outstanding and delicious! It is the best rabbit I've ever had in America! The wine selection is impressive too. Our waiter Rhys is a true professional that takes his job seriously. Really, this guy is a true professional in EVERY sense of the word. The atmosphere is fun, maybe a little loud. I would not say romantic. I will absolutely return!

Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Scrumptious lunch: Must do ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Am I glad we made reservations to eat at the Mustard Grill? They were packed even at 2.30pm for lunch and now that I have eaten there I am not at all surprised.

Must have dishes: the starters of calamari was a stunning surprise. Flavorful with hidden hints of mustard that grab you by surprise. The homegrown pecorino peers grilled with sea salt and served with sour cream are like nothing I have ever eaten. The salmon and lamb burger was very tasty.

Give a miss to the pasta. They are nice but nothing to write home about.

All in all a must visit.

“Great dining experience ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch with kids and the food was worth every bite. The calamari starter is a genuine surprise and the flavor of mustard does catch you by surprise. Definitely order the homegrown pecorino peppers grilled and then dusted with sea salt. The chef is awesome and customized a veg pasta for me and it was delicious. The salmon was grilled to perfection.. All in all a perfect meal. Please make reservations in advance.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We reserved well in advance and were looking for a wonderful experience, however the entire experience was a total disappointment. The food was simply not good! The fried calamari came with a salad full of curry spice which made it real hard to eat even for someone who loves Indian food. One would expect the waiter to let us know that fired calamari would taste this way. We also ordered the soup of the day which we were told was carrot and ginger. We got potato soup which was simple and nothing to write home about, Certainly not what we ordered and not what we expected. Then we ordered the famous chop. This came with mash potato which was served cold. how embarrassing. The burger that was ordered medium was well done, but if this is not enough it had a very strong burnt taste. The wine that was ordered was brought to the table after we got our first course - not exactly as you would expect. I cannot recommend this restaurant. Napa valley has dozen of better restaurants you can spend your money at.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adi R
Patrick K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
ADI,

Thank for your post on Trip Advisor. I was frustrated and disappointed to read about your experience, and offer you a most sincere apology. What you described in your post was far short of our minimum standard and clearly that translated to a less than positive review. Although I was disappointed in what I read, I am thankful for the opportunity to address it.

I would like to invite you back in as my guest to get the experience you expected, however I see that you live very far away from the Napa Valley. If you have left the Valley, I would be happy to offer you a refund. Please contact me directly at 707-980-8912 to make all the arrangements for either option.

Adi, thanks again for posting to Trip Advisor.