“Lovely setting, lovely food and of course amazing wine!”

Artesa Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #6 of 193 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Built right into the mountain, this uniquely situated winery offers visitors a cool mountain aura while tasting the wine.
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the winery and was completely own over by the views upon arrival. Something akin to the tea plantations of Munnar in India. The meal was great and I loved the fact that we were seated with their wine 'cave' amongst barrels and barrels of wine stacked ceiling high. It was a wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Artesa Vineyards & Winery

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Artesa is by far a favorite winery for my wife and I. We have taken a number of people here, and everyone has enjoyed the visit. The service is great, and the staff attentive and fun.

On a clear day the view outside is spectacular.

I highly recommend Artesa ... there is not a wine in the place that I don't like ... and I just cannot say that about other wineries.

1  Thank DennisAtkinson
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We are members because of the wine, the views and the service.

On this last visit we did the wine & tapas tasting with Daniel. He was so young looking that I had to tease him, "what does someone so young know about wine?"

Well, he knew a lot and made our tasting very enjoyable.

We finally got to meet Shaunie, our wine club rep. Just as nice in person as she is on the phone.

For awesome views and wine, visit Artesa.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was a nice, a bit off the beaten path. We especially enjoyed being able to walk in and sign-up for a tour, especially at just $20, without the need for a reservation months in advance.

Our guide provided a great history of the winery and the founding family, and she knew her wine's very well, though we'd have liked to have learned more about their actual wine-making process while there.

The facility is nice, spacious and has an interesting collection of art to view, though the exterior of the facility has a bit of a dated late 70's or early 80's look that almost appears to be a cemetery or mausoleum.

Every wine we tasted was enjoyable, and we purchased multiple bottles.

Now for the bad news, and this has little to do with the winery itself... Why do people insist on bringing a whole gaggle of small children to a winery? A group came in right on our heels with no less than four crumb crunchers under 5 years of age who were anything BUT well behaved. Running, screaming, climbing all over everything - without little/no parental supervision, and apparently no intervention by the staff. It took an otherwise very pleasant experience down a notch, as this is not acceptable behavior anywhere - most especially at a winery.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was at Artesa in July 2013 & I recommend going. We were a mixed group - 5 wine drinkers, 4 non-wine drinkers. I am in the non category. We enjoyed walking the grounds, the fountains and view are amazing. Beautiful. We all enjoyed walking around the gift shop & looking at all their wares. Then the wine drinkers did a tasting, I think they picked the 5 wines but the bartender was wonderful and gave them some others as well. They all enjoyed very much. The rest of us sat out on the great deck over looking Sonoma, it was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed the view while chit-chatting. We were a group of sisters (my mom and aunts), sisters (me and my sister, my cousins who are sisters), cousins, 1 husband, ranging in age from 22 years old through 60.

1  Thank Eileen2five