We thought the shuttle would be a great idea for hopping from winery to winery but it just wasn't that great. We requested Laurence as our tour guide, who was very nice but seemed like any average Joe. Here are some of the pros and cons:
- We did not have to drink and drive (although we would hardly say we got close to being drunk)
- We visited 6 different wineries
- We met a couple of cool people on our tour
- The grocery/deli stop on the tour was nice
- If you have folks in your tour that have very specific tastes or requests, then you may not get to do some of the tours you prefer. We wanted to do wineries that special in white wine, but that idea was shot down by a couple on our tour, so it did not end up happening.
- We expected a lot more information about the area and wineries from our guide but he didn't tell us anything you couldn't read off the company's websites. I guess the tour can be considered information if you go to Napa without doing ANY prior research.
- The tour is a bit expensive at $75 per person especially since you will most likely end up with 2-4 other people.
- Since you are with a group, the driver has to call and make appointments for certain places whereas if you went alone most places would take you without an appointment.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.