“Best way to do wine country touring”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Change of Greenery Private Treks
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Renting the electric assist bicycle from Carolyn was a terrific experience from start to finish. Doing 28 miles and 6 wineries in one day would have been impossible for us without that little electric boost, especially when the hills were running the wrong way (uphill that is).! The staff of Change of Greenery are very helpful, the bikes are outfitted with every convenience you can think of, and Carolyn will pick up your wine at the end of the end of the day. We (Dora and Dan) are definitely hooked for a repeat visit to Napa.

1  Thank dan m

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Change of Greenery is the brainchild of Carolyn Nguyen. A one-woman show at the Marriott Napa Valley Hotel & Spa. Her tagline, "Electric bikes and more!" And believe me, it's way more! First of all there's Carolyn! Woman-owned and operated electric bike business in the Napa Valley. That's bold. But in her second season, things are pedaling along famously. Too tired to pedal, these amazing bikes will do all the work for you. A variety of loop tours take you in an around Napa Valley. Don't think twice about the 25 miles. These electric wonders can do 18 MPH! Stop at wineries, shops, cafes...that some more of the "more"! Can't fit all your new Napa goods in the front basket, Carolyn will pick them up for you. What a girl! Bike helmets and locks provided. Brief introction to the wonders of these green-powered bikes and you're off on the adventure of a lifetime.

Get around all the traffic in the Valley and reduce emissions along the way. Fantastic!

I was on business and wasn't able to take an actual tour, but Carolyn was kind enough to give me the insider's lesson, tour around the lot, background info, and show me all the best of the tours. Oh, BTW, you getr discounts are partnering businesses.

Ride on, right on!

1  Thank CalifTravelinsider
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Wow, what a way to see Napa & the surrounding wineries!

My wife & I came into Napa and were planning on renting bikes when we learned that the electric bike rental was located on premise of our hotel. Normally I wouldn't bother with an electric bike rental, but I am really glad we did as the bike setup, the suggested routes, maps, and all were fantastic!

My wife & I had an amazing time on the bikes and the electric motor really added kind of a fun bonus to the whole experience. She loved that she could keep up with me, and we both loved that they provided a little extra boost when you were getting tired.

Because of the motors, the bikes are a bit heavy and do require a little extra effort to pedal (compared to your standard hybrid). They aren't clunky though and generally geared pretty well without the motor.

Neither one of us used our motors too often early in the day, which was good as my wife's bike broke in the mid afternoon and she had to rely on the power assist as her only means of propulsion. Both of us still had more than half of our battery when we returned the bikes in the evening.
As a side note: after talking to the Change of Greenery group about the problem, they were extremely apologetic and went out of their way to make our situation right, which was well appreciated.

Overall, I am recommending this to all my friends who are considering going out in the area. I think that this is just a really fun way to see the town & would definitely do it again.

Reviewed 3 June 2010

I’ve lived in California my whole life. It wasn’t until I married my wife who lived in Pennsylvania that I was convinced to go up north. I told my wife that California had extraordinary wine and so ensued the persistence to go to Napa Valley. In an attempt to save money, I found www.changeofgreenery.com.
My wife and I rented the electric bikes and made it to a great number of places including O’Brien’s Estate Winery, Domaine Chandon, Cornerstone Cellars, and Baldacci Vinyards. Each place we went to had discounts for using our www.changeofgreenery.com ‘Green Card.’ Many of the locations offered 2 for 1 wine tastings but there’s a large number of partners offering an array of deals.
The electric bikes were ‘fully equipped.’ They had Maps on the handlebars with locations of all the partners. The bikes came with a key and lock for all of our stops as well as a helmet. There were two modes of riding. One being peddle assist and the other full throttle. It was awesome fun! There was also a basket for any purchases we made.
Change of Greenery was great. The biking was awesome and my wife and I had a lot of fun. Their website is super simplistic and the cost is well worth its weight in gold. If you’re in the Napa Valley area, arrive early and enjoy a great day at discount prices!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Me and 2 other girlfriends of mine came to The Marriott in Napa and saw electric bikes in front of their lobby. It turned out that they have all these great wine partners that will give you 2-for-1 wine tastings. We initially stopped at Trefethen Vineyards, which winded up giving us 3-for-1 wine tasting - since there were only 3 of us. I thought that was nice of them to do. We then headed to Silverado Trail and headed to another partner of their's called Hagafen. The employees there were so nice. We got complimentary wine tastings (included in the electric bike ride). We winded up buying a bottle and the bike company winded up picking up our bottle and had it delivered to our room. We also went downtown on the bikes to Oxbow Public Market since we were told it was the same concept as The Ferry Building Market so we parked our bikes and chilled out there for awhile. It was a very nice bike ride! We did all of this in about 6 hours before heading back. It was a nice day and awesome experience! We would do it again, but on a different route!