“An excellent way to explore Napa”
Review of Chic Family Tours - CLOSED

Chic Family Tours
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I had an excellent time on this tour. Though I have been to Napa several times, I haven't gotten a chance to learn and see the history and beauty of the area the way I experienced it on this tour. We were able to take tours of several historic houses/bed and breakfasts, as well as get exclusive access to some beautiful private wineries (with free wine tasting and snacks along the way). Bob is very friendly and makes the history of the area come alive. Unlike some tours which leave you feeling exhausted, I was pleasantly surprised by how much we managed to see and do, yet how satisfied and refreshed I felt afterwards. I think this tour is a must for anyone who'd like to explore Napa, whether you're new to area or have lived there for years.

1  Thank CinSpinSugar

Reviewed 9 January 2011

I tremendously enjoyed the Chic Family Tour in Napa!

It was a really fun experience I personally enjoy learning about the architecture and some of the details of the wine-making processes. Walking around downtown Napa felt good! I hadn't seen those hotels before and being able to go inside was great. Bob was both friendly and well-spoken and is a great tour leader. I felt like I learned a lot more about Napa on that tour than I had on any of my previous trips. My girlfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful time - a perfect getaway from San Francisco. I will be recommending this tour to my friends from in town and out of town.

1  Thank strutman2
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Just as any wino from chicago would do if in Napa, I wanted to treat myself to a wine tour of the valley. But I wanted to experience more about the area than the normal wine-bus. So I searched carefully and these guys looked the best! Our tour guide was Bob and he was a supremely genuine and great guy. I dont want to spoil it for you with the details, but it was fascinating, I learned a lot, and got to taste some really special wines. It was DEFINATELY worth it! If you want to come to Napa and walk away having tasted some amazing wines and you want to get a good feel of what Napa is all about, go with these guys!
Cheers to Bob!
Matt, Chicago

1  Thank Matt312
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My husband and I recently took the Chic Family Tour of the Coombsville region of Napa, CA. First, we got a brief history of the area, then toured the inside of two very well known B&Bs. We met the proprietors and were free to ask them questions. I loved that! Then we headed by car to one boutique winery and one large winery to see the difference in how they are operated. We got tours of both and sampled several varietals at each. In the middle of the day, we stopped for a lovely lunch at Jessel Art Gallery and met Jessel herself. Overall, it was a far more intimate and interesting tour of Napa than the party train or other options. I highly recommend the Chic Tour to anyone who wants more than the typical tourist experience.

1  Thank silly_yak
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Harriet Smith:

My friends and I had a great time on our historical Napa and boutique winery tour. The historical tour was fascinating and Bob Chic has great knowledge of old Napa.
The wineries and picnic spot he picked were unique and a real insider’s view of the area. The food provided for our picnic was really, really good. I would love to go back and do it again sometime.

1  Thank HarrietSmith20