“Fantastic!!”
Review of Morimoto Napa

Morimoto Napa
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto Napa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including creme fraiche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I am a huge sushi fan and I have to say that this restaurant is one of the best places I have ever been to for this kind of food. The restaurant ambiance was top notch and the food was great. It is kind of pricy but that is what you get food great food and atmosphere. I definitely would tell everyone to go to this establishment while you are in Napa. Awesome!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We truly enjoyed the sushi and we also had incredible service, which doesn't hurt. Great experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our honeymoon. The service was very slow and lacked an appropriate level of attentiveness. This could be because we ordered a tasting menu designed for you to savor each course. This doesn't explain why we waited for 20 minutes for a drink menu and another half an hour for the drinks. Food was delicious, but that isn't enough to ever get me to set foot inside that restaurant again.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is the first time I have been to a sushi place. Wasn't really looking forward to it, however I was surprised at how good some of it tasted. The one bit of steak I had was superb. The menu had lots of choices and a decent wine list. Good service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Having been to Morimoto in Philadelphia and New York, we knew what to expect at Morimoto Napa. The sushi was superb, the menu imaginative and the service outstanding. The ribeye was among the best steaks I have had anywhere and the uni carbonara was amazing.