“Wonderful time”
Review of SENZA Hotel

SENZA Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I have stayed here multiple times. The las time was April 2012. We stayed in a cottage suite that was quite roomy. The location is great. We were short drive from multiple wineries and great restaurants. We were a convenient drive from a Target, UPS store and Jack in the box.
The staff is great and friendly. They provided recommendations of places to eat and drink. The wine tastings on site were incredible. I would stay there agan without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Mike1516,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you found our location, service and amenities that we offer to your liking. Your choice of room, the cottage suite is usually one of the most popular room choices with first time and return guests alike, and I am glad you found it comfortable.

I will be sure to share your comments with the staff here at the hotel.

We hope to see you again once more when your travels bring you back to wine country.

There are newer reviews for SENZA Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This country inn is very conveniently located, sufficiently remote yet conveniently located for access to downtown Napa and the many restaurants and wineries along Highway-29. In fact, there is an excellent restaurant within 300 yards. I booked a Cottage King Room because we wanted privacy, and it was roomy,quiet, peaceful...and quiet; it was not particularly modern but it was nicely appointed with fluffy towels and robes one of the amenities.The setting is beautiful and well-maintained, promoting just sitting and relaxing on the decks or walking the grounds. The breakfast evey morning is healthy and tasty and the evening wine and cheese on the back deck is a special daily evening treat. But highlight of this country inn is the staff. While I doubt they each have an ownership interest in the property, they all take an ownership interest in the comfort and convenience of the guests. They are consistently friendly and engaging, expending the extra effort to make your visit something special. The accommodations of the Country Inn are very good; the staff make it exceptional!!

2  Thank James E
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear James E,

I am happy to read that your special brithday celebration in Napa Valley was everything that you were looking for.

La Residence is definitely a perfect starting point to navigate through Wine Country and we are very lucky to have the location that we do.

I was very happy to read that the team here were helpful and added that little extra to your stay. The staff here always go above and beyond to help our guests enjoy their time here to the fullest.

I hope that when your travels bring you this way again that we may see you once more at La Residence. Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Not as far out of downtown Napa as we thought, but a good country feel nonetheless. Spacious rooms, relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear JeremyRyan813,

Thank you for making a visit to La Residence as part of your 5 year anniversary celebrations. I am glad to see that you enjoyed yourself and appreciate you for taking the time to offer feedback of your stay.

If you happen to make the Napa Valley the destination for your 6th anniversary, we hope that you may consider La Residence as your home away from home in wine country once more.

Best regards and thank you again for your comments,

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My only complaint is that I wish I had stayed another night. Very nice, quiet, and relaxing property in a convenient location 10 minutes away from downtown Napa. Logan was very friendly and helpful with my reservation and questions. I had told him I was celebrating a birthday with my boyfriend...when we arrived we found a happy birthday note and a piece of cake in the fridge! Very nice of them. I definitely want to return to La Residence

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on the 2nd floor so you can have more privacy.. We stayed on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Shaila11,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at La Residence.

I am pleased to see that Logan took good care of you and hope that your next visit will be longer so you can relax more. I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your visit to the Napa Valley.

If and when your schedule allows, we look forward to seeing you once more at La Residence.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

If your idea of a great getaway is a peaceful, fully appointed resort, where staff are eager to attend to your every need..... I recommend La Residence. The grounds were so beautiful and quiet. The room was excellent. And all the little extras made it truly enjoyable. Be it the wine and cheese on the back deck at 6 p.m., the wonderful breakfast served fresh every morning, or the beautiful hot tub hidden away in a corner of the immaculate grounds.... it was one pleasent surprise after another. As for the staff and service.... 110% effort at all times. Very pleasent and eager to please (in some cases they attended to needs I never even knew I had!)

Hands down, the most relaxing getaway I have had in recent memory. Can't wait for my next stay there!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 14. It was a ground level room that looked out over a beautiful garden and mini v...
2  Thank Volek22

Dear Volek22,

Thank you for offering comments in follow up to your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you were able to experience all the benefits that La Residence has to offer.

I am truly pleased to see that not only the property lived up to expectations but the staff did too. The staff here are truly committed to making our guests feel at home and making sure that your needs are met.

We hope that when you find the time that we will see you once more here at La Residence for some more R&R.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer feedback.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Pleasantly surprised! Did not know about this place...been going to wine country for years....really unpretentious....blessing that it is not in a more 'exotic' location...as it would be half again more in price.....terrific value for the location.....near a favorite restaurant....can't say enough about the grounds...the sights/shadows/smells/peacefulness makes you want to just hang out.....staff attentive....really hustling....unpretentious help.....agree with other reviews....and the evening wine they offered was really quite nice....took an extra bottle back to our room!

Joe M.

Room Tip: Room was fine.....small, but all I was expecting....modern, clean, great bed....slept like a baby...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe M

Dear Joe M,

Thank you for offering feedback regarding your recent visit to La Residence. Your pleasant surprise at finding us is not uncommon and nor is it that you found a little piece of tranquility here.

As mentioned in other reviewers comments, we are truly blessed with the grounds, flora and fauna that exist here.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff and hope to see you again when your schedule allows a visit to Wine Country.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is the best Napa Valley inn that we have stayed in. All of the employees were exceptionally nice and very helpful. Our room (#18) was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The only two things we would like in our room: full length dressing mirror and better lighting in the bathroom. The evening wine and cheese social was fabulous, as was the Continental breakfast. We will return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear BerBan,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us along with the valid points noted for the guest room that you stayed in.

I will be looking to resolve the items you mentioned that could use improvement and have already shared with staff to do so.

When you next visit the beautiful Napa Valley, I hope to be able to welcome you back once more to La Residence.

Thank you again for your comments.

Graham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!