“Wonderful Inn !”
Review of SENZA Hotel

SENZA Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 27 May 2009

We just got back from Napa on 5/26/09. Each year we go with another couple over Memorial day weekend. I choose La Residence because of tripadvisor. The room was large, clean and very Modern. For breakfast you have two choices on the menu, different each day. Great coffee and fresh fruit also. In the evening they have Hall wines (Because that is who owns the Inn) with snacks. The outdoor seating, Hot Tub and over all feeling of this Inn was WONDERFUL. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2009

Don't, under any circumstances, pay for their "worry free wine tasting package." Over the phone they told us they would book our tastings and a car for the day. The car was an hour late, the limo air conditioning was broken on a 100 degree day, and the hotel had only booked one tasting. The rest of the day was up to us....and we had to ride around in an awful limo with no a/c.....we felt like we were trapped in a hairdryer. The hotel is pleasant enough. Small rooms that need updating, but decent. If you are a clean freak, then you should know there were a bunch of someone else's hair in the shower when we checked in--ewww. No room service, no on demand tv etc, but the hotel itself is so-so--certainly not luxury in the least. They did end up crediting us a small amount for the "worry free wine tasting" fiasco, but then put a $50 charge on my card so they could mail back my phone charger I forgot. They promised to refund the approx. $45 out of the $50 they took out of my account. I wouldn't stay there again--it's far overpriced and I felt the $50 charge for sending me back my phone charger was over the top. They are out to make $$. Staff is nice, but I wouldn't recommend to anyone nor stay there again. And...it was our first anniversary and the first time we had left our sweet 9 week old baby with grandma-so I expected perfection-and was sorely let down. All that for $1000 for two days-go somewhere else folks.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiezzzzzz
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I was looking for a charming B&B for our stay in Napa - it was my wife's birthday. We were recommended the La Residence Inn. It is a good B&B and service is what you expect. Location is good - just off Hwy 29 next to Bistro Don Giovanni. The room was well appointed (albeit small) with comfortable bed and nice linens. Bathroom is small and had Molton Brown toiletries. The TV's (small flat screen) reception was not so good. The breakfast room had juice and pastries - ok decor. I recommend the attached outdoor patio to have your breakfast. The breakfast was good, but very weak coffee. La Residence has a daily wine tasting which you can sample Hall's wines - we never attended because we were always out in the vineyards. We tried using the outdoor jacuzzi, but it did not work (the attendant tried to start it many times). All in all we liked the inn and would come back.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

We had a great time in La Residence. They had excellent service over there. We stayed upstairs in the main building. The room was pretty decent size but the queen bed was a bit small. The bathroom was very spacious with a modern touch. The property itself was not too big. We went in low season so it's pretty quite. Their breakfast was excellent. It's not continental breakfast....they have different menu every day. Their vegetable omelette & banana bread french toast were the best. I'd definitely stay here when I go to Napa next time. Also they have a book of restaurant menu. It's very helpful.....

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2008

This is our second time at La Residence for Thanksgiving. We continue to love this B&B hotel. But we cannot give them 5 stars- here are some of our observations. 1) the rooms are too small for $259 / night before tax. A price of $210 would be already plenty. 2) The beds are designated as queen size, but to us they felt kind of tiny. 3) Pillows were stuffy, cheap and uncomfortable. 4) Mattresses were not firm enough; after 7 hours of sleep, I woke up with some back pain; guess I am used to an expensive orthopedic mattress at home, and your mattress wasn't like that. If my spouse moved during the night, I almost got ejected out of the bed. A spring mattress in 2008? Please replace, urgently! We went to a Hilton in SF immediately after La Residence, and we were amazed how much better their beds were, and the pillows were amazing compared to yours! The Hilton hotel in Chinatown was just a fraction of the price. 5) In 2007, your hotel offered a complementary set of firewood to guests. Additional set were available for a small charge. This year, there was no firewood... What do we do with an empty fireplace? Maybe due to the economy you're cutting costs, but for $259 per night before taxes, I'd say this was a great touch and we really missed it. On the positive side, we like the CD / radio player + flat screen TV with DVD player in the rooms, and your stylish bathrooms. The breakfast & the happy hour with wine tasting at 6:00 PM are just outstanding. All in all the hotel is still great, but we insist you should fix the items we listed. Best of luck with your business.

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank mikichan
Reviewed 4 August 2008

From the minute I called to book our stay here I knew La Residence was going to be fantastic. James and Lori couldn't have been more helpful and were extremely knowledgeable about the local wineries and restaurants and made excellent recommendations. We stayed for 2 nights the end of July, we were there with another couple and my husband and myself. The property itself is tucked away right off Rt 29 and is very quaint...it has a few buildings on property which house the hotel rooms, a great pool, jacuzzi and vineyards. Its just beautiful! We stayed in the main building on the upper level...our room was amazing. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious and decorated immaculately. The bathrooms are also large and very modern. La Residence serves breakfast every day, and its not a continental breakfast -- we had a choice of 3 entrees every day and they varied from Eggs Benedict to Banana Bread French Toast, to Vegetable Omelets among others. There were 4 of us staying there and everyone loved their respective breakfasts. Regarding proximity to the sights, we were never more than a 10-20 minute drive to anywhere we wanted to go. I would highly recommend this hotel, we had just a wonderful time here!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S80
Reviewed 27 May 2008

La Residence is a charming property from the exterior with a fabulous staff, but the rooms are severely lacking the luxury qualties advertised. We stayed for three nights in a Junior Suite in the Old Mansion. The room was extremely stuffy during the night making it impossible to sleep. The bathroom drawer fell out onto the floor when opened. The window coverings in the bathroom weren't quite adequate. Anyone could walk on to the back balcony and see you showering or using the toilet. When you turned the wall-mounted reading lamps on, they fell over hanging upside down on the wall. The armoire wouldn't stay closed. The water in the shower would suddenly become burning hot lasting for several minutes. The "sumptous" chairs in the sitting area were so old the cushions were completely flat and the carpet appears to date back to the 1980s. The hotel has great potential. It needs a lot of TLC and some updating before it can claim luxury status. With such a great staff and the beautiful property, It really wouldn't take much to get this B&B to be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank allison1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
The Westin Verasa Napa

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!