“Don't hesitate to stay in this inn of perfection...beautiful, cozy and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on Randolph

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #4 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Well, I just left there a day and a half ago and I miss it terribly! It's so perfectly appointed, even the most hard core type A personality will be comfortable in the perfection of this well planned bed and breakfast. We called last minute and were able to get a room, but only because its wayyyy off season. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, this bed and breakfast is a ten, AAA++++ in the cleanliness factor, perfect location, walkable and safe area. Now, for the breakfast. This was on a whole other scale for me. I am a vegetarian and have a ton of trouble trying to find a decent breakfast...for that matter, any meal. I could not believe it, but for three days, the chef at this inn prepared the most delicious breakfast for me....each one a complete surprise and each one a perfect match for my pallet. Karen, the owner, makes a homemade granola that I could have shoved in a bag and run out the door with. It may even be gluten free. My husband told her how great it was and bingo! She pulled out the typed directions for us. She has typed instructions for anywhere you need to go. She and Stacey (the innkeeper) have a thousand ideas as to what to do whether it be day or night. Every recommendation they made for food was spot on! There were wine and glasses waiting for us when we arrived, the beautiful and contemporary bathroom is just perfect and the floors are heated. My room had a very nice fireplace too. The linens on the bed are the nicest linens I have ever slept on, and I did not think anyone could top my all time favorite bedding. Very, very silky bright white duvet over a medium weight fluffy down comforter. The sheets are just as bright white and as silky as you can imagine. Everything you could possibly want for is available. The property is impeccably maintained and the cottages that are on the property are so gorgeous, I bet they are just as perfect on the inside. Listen, there isn't a thread out of place, a hair on the floor, a dust spec on a lampshade and nary a fingerprint to be found on the huge glass shower doors. It takes a lot to impress me like this, I was blown away. I felt so comfortable. I'm in love, we want to go back. We would never stay anywhere else in napa, and frankly, neither should you. I will have to post pics later, but just go to their website and check them out, I can assure you that the photos in the website are exactly as you will see the rooms upon arrival. Can you imagine that? That never happens! The rooms are always worse in person, these might even be better in person. Seems impossible, but its true! Love this place!,,,

Room Tip: Any room will be FABULOUS!! Spring for the cottages!
2 Thank PuntaCanaLove73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

There is a peacefulness that surrounds and envelopes me when I am at the seaside. I recently stayed in the Fowler cottage at the Inn on Randolph. From the minute I entered I felt as though I was at the seaside. The crisp interior, simply furnished with subtle hints of sea-foam green and taupe of warm sand set the tone. Soaking in the Jacuzzi tub was like a long day of beach combing, so o o o relaxing. Who knew seaside serenity could be found in Napa. This a perfect bed & breakfast is a must stay. Pick a date now and go!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank asporter19
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

My girlfriend and I lucked into a great weekend at the Inn on Randolph. Karen was a terrific host - she and her husband made us feel at home as soon as we walked in the door. Wine in hand, we were given a tour of the house and our cottage, and it immediately felt like home. The renovations left the place both gorgeous and high tech - a perfect blend that gave us tons of freedom and a relaxing weekend.

Karen also had excellent recommendations for wineries as well as restaurants and other destinations, which made our Saturday so much easier to plan. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Try a cottage, they're fantastic!
1 Thank Johnny S
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

We had an event in the area and wanted to stay for one night and this place was available.
We had NO idea that it was as nice as it is until we arrived. Every little detail has been thought of and nothing is missing. The property has been beautifully restored with modern conveniences. It is both cozy and elegant at the same time. The cottage we stayed in was perfect, enough space, a fireplace, refridgerator, single cup coffee maker with real cream, heated floors, wonderful bedding....We enjoyed meeting the owner and her staff who make this place what it it. I highly recommend a stay here. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monique8888
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

We did quite a bit of research when looking for places to stay in Napa for my 50th birthday. Could the reviews for the Inn on Randolph be that good? Where they written by friends? Well, let me tell you the reviews are spot on...the place and staff are worthy of all the praise. Our friends ended up booking three additional cottages and wanted to know how we found this special place. The ten of us where not disappointed and will definitely return again. Let me add a bit more detail.

We booked a connecting cottage to accommodate our family of four. From the moment we stepped through the door, we could relax knowing we picked a wonderful place. Out of a magazine styled large rooms with well thought out amenities, such as heated floors in the bath, beautiful linens, welcome bottle of wine and free sparkling waters. The warm breakfast prepared each morning was delicious. Pancakes made especially for our kids made their morning.

Karen was very astute in understanding what types of wineries and restaurants we would be interested in visiting. With constant rain day and night, but it didn’t matter as Karen set up a private cave tour and tasting for 8 at Pine Mountain. Then we enjoyed fabulous wines made by the gifted and funny, Drew Neiman that we paired with cheese in the “party room” at the Inn (since the power was out at the winery). Later that night the Inn delivered a special cake ordered for my birthday to the restaurant Oenotri. The staff at the Inn on Randolph went above and beyond our expectations…as my 13 year old son said, “This place is better than a hotel, Mom!”

Room Tip: We saw all the cottages our friends booked and there was not a bad one in the bunch. Can't go w...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank murray5033066
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Loved this place. I was looking for a place to stay in Napa last minute for me and one of my best friend's birthdays and happened on inn on randolph when googling modern bed and breakfasts. I was looking for a intimate feel of a B and B but no antiques, doilies or scary old plaid duvets. Inn on randolph was exactly what I was looking for. I emailed Karen 2 days before and she responded immediately. They held her 2 adjoining cottages without even a credit card to hold it! We loved the cottages - laurel (where I stayed) and Franklin where our friends stayed. Karen had great recs for wineries and would've helped us with restaurant reservations if I didn't already have them. (Reservations to bottega, press and ad hoc- decided that I would kill the husband with French laundry and meadowood since I've been there before ;)) Then when we got back from wine tasting and lunch, she had a really nice cheese plate and wine set up for us in the Neiman room where we hung out for an hour and a half prior to dinner. Breakfast was wonderful and enjoyed her homemade granola which she gave me the recipe for... Thanks for a wonderful welcoming stay and a memorable birthday!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cywong88
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

I recently went with my husband to the Napa Valley for a business retreat he was attending and we stayed at the Inn on Randolph. I am so glad I went! Karen, Stacy and Louise were warm, welcoming, and professional. Not only did they make sure the meeting ran flawlessly, all the wives had daily activities organized for them. I got an 80 minute massage in the onsite Spa room and was able to return to my wonderful room for a soak in the spa tub. Every morning we we had the most amazing gourmet breakfast and were able to meet and talk to local winemaker extraordinaire Drew Neiman. Karen was even able to arrange a private wine tasting at Neiman Cellars for the entire group. The group voted it the best team building they had ever been too. This is the first work trip I have ever been on that felt like a vacation. Thank you Inn on Randolph!

Room Tip: Check their website to pick your room. There are 5 cottages with TVs and 5 Inn rooms with no TVs...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business