“Felt like home...but better!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #4 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
“Felt like home...but better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have never felt so well taken care of before in my life - except by my mom. It's hard to know where to start...the Inn is beautifully decorated. Comfortable, relaxing, homey, calm. The cottage we were in was just perfect in every way. Heated bathroom floors, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in away from home. The sheets on the bed .... Amazing! I purchased a set for myself and our guest bed. The feel like you are sleeping in water...weird analogy, I know! They just flow over you. Wonderful fireplace, and the decorating! I wish I could hire their decorator!!!!

The food was superb. The kitchen is open night and day if you want to help yourself to anything. I felt so at home that after breakfast one morning I gathered up my dishes and started walking them to the kitchen! I didn't get very far before a staff member took everything from me and fussed over me some more. I really felt like I was a child at home being taken care of by my doting mother. It was a truly relaxing vacation. I could go on and on, but please, give it a try. I only hope one day I am lucky enough to stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jacqueleena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Claremont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Everything about this place is done to perfection...

FIrst of all, it is very private and very mellow. The rooms are impeccable and are appointed with every fine detail you could want; fireplace, heated bathroom floors, big jacuzzi tubs, two shower head shower AND a bed that made for the best sleep ever. Nice TV up on the wall, a bottle of wine and waters. There was a microwave and refrigerator...everything you could want.

Each morning, a delicious and health conscious breakfast was served by Karen and her inviting staff. Karen and her staff made you feel very welcomed and comfortable throughout the stay.

The location is perfect, walking distance to a hopping downtown Napa!

We had a great time, enjoyed our stay so much...and like our titles says, we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the FOWLER ROOM. A big private room outside the main house...very nice!
1 Thank RayWClaremont
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

This place has clearly earned it's spot as the top B&B in Napa. The place is immaculate and VERY clean. They recently remodeled the entire place and they literally perfected every detail of the remodel from the heated bathroom floors to the drapes. It's all the charm of an older home with brand new, modern amenities. The WIFI is plenty fast too. Breakfast was AMAZING every morning!!! Maybe the best breakfast I've ever had for 4 straight days....and I'm a breakfast snob. If they had a recipe book, I would buy it immediately. We stayed in the Walker Room which was plenty big for the two of us. Everyone from the owner to the staff was extremely friendly. They gave us an option of 8:30 am or 9:15 am for breakfast. We chose the 8:30 am time most mornings but slept through one morning after a long day of wine tasting. No problem at all. They had our meals ready for us shortly after we finally came down at 9:15 am. I feel like any other place in Napa would be a disappointment after staying here, so I will never stay anywhere else. I did get a discount for booking through TripAdvisor.

3 Thank AdamT20
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Loved, loved this Inn and our stay. Our experience began before we arrived as owner Karen offered guidance through with recommendations on scheduling our 2-day vineyard/winery itinerary. Her wisdom and input were just what we needed and so spot-on. This was our first trip to the Napa area and we had high expectations for an intimate and unique experience. It was everything we had hoped for and more, and we give most of the credit to Karen and the Inn, our home base. The cottage, bedding, luxuries, breakfast, gardens, proximity to great restaurants within walking distance to town, gentleness of the other guests..all were superb.The Inn is exactly like the photos and other reviews -- only better.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book earliest. Ask for the concierge list of wineries in advance; book tours early!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus,OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Just spent the last few days at this wonderful inn. Every detail thought of and not a thing overlooked. Exceptionally clean and beautifully decorated. The location is perfect.The breakfast is not to be missed.
Jeff and Molly

2 Thank scotts595
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Inn is absolutely beautiful! Everyone there was very welcoming and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious and, surprisingly, gluten-free! (but, you would never be able to tell!) I also appreciated the gluten-free body products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) in the bathroom.

We stayed in the Fowler Cottage for two nights during our honeymoon. The room was wonderful and exactly as pictured on the website. There was a nice fireplace and jacuzzi bath. The bed & linens were also very comfortable! My only complaint is that we couldn't get the tub stopper to stay in place, so we weren't able to keep the bath filled.

We forgot to make a dinner reservation for Saturday night and Karen made a reservation for us at a great restaurant (Celadon) immediately after we arrived to check-in. We really appreciated that and we had a great meal. We were within a 5 minute walk from our dinner reservations (Morimoto's and Celadon).

We will definitely recommend the Inn on Randolph to our friends and family! We would love to stay here again, and hopefully, be able to return for one of the gluten-free cooking classes!

2 Thank KristinL778
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

From the moment we arrived, inn-keeper Karen Lynch took us into her refined and attentive care. It's clear that every detail is a point of personal pride for her; from the beautifully remodeled and elegantly appointed rooms to the high quality guten free food, perfection is her standard. Heated bathroom floors, a bed that beckons to be re-visited and an overall charm that made our weekend one to replicate at the Inn on Randolph.
We are grateful for your care!
Michael and Jamie

Room Tip: Every detail works!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple