“The "Inn" place to be!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, California
“The "Inn" place to be!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

From the moment we walked in the door we were met with generous hospitality by Karen and her staff. The decor was so contemporary and refreshing that it immediately suggested a weekend of luxury. The accommodations did not fail with decadent beds, heated bathroom floors, comfortable furnishings and all the needed amenities for a great weekend getaway. We attended a very informative, delicious and fun gluten free cooking class while there with Chef Jeffrey Larsen. He's a pro in the gluten free world and I'll be sure to check him out in his other cooking appearances. The Inn is also walking distance to downtown Napa which was great to be able to check out all the new goings-on without needing a car. I very much enjoyed Inn on Randolph and will return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stole that title from a neighbor of the owner, who coined it first. A perfect description of the inn in four words.

The inn is elegant without being stuffy, and would appeal to anyone with contemporary tastes in decor and food. Karen, the owner, is genuinely friendly and helpful and has surrounded herself with an equally friendly and talented staff. Beautiful, comfortable place.

I took a gluten-free cooking class this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. The kitchen might be the envy of any serious cook who visits.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank aimec123
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I made a right choice after reading the most recent reviews of this beautifully renovated property in tripadvisor. My wife and I share the same feelings with other guests because Karen, being both the owner and the innkeeper, gave us more ideas and advices than we would possibly expect from just a 2-day trip to Napa. From the moment she greeted us on our arrival to the introductory tour around her property, we immediately felt that we should have stayed in Napa especially the Inn for a few more nights. We stayed in the Walker Room on the second floor of the main building which was nicely decorated and equipped with all the necessity that made me feel like home.
It was our very first visit to Napa and we believe that it was a big mistake that we only planned to stay there for one night.
We are thankful for Karen's recommendations of all those wineries and the ways to fully explore the wine tasting sessions during the daytime whilst enjoying the good food in restaurants after sunset. We truely had a great time by visiting three very impressive wineries along the Silverado Trail and the Angele Restaurant in the Downtown.
I would highly recommend this lovely B & B Inn to my friends and I wish I would re-visit Napa in a not too distant future.

Room Tip: Different rooms have different characteristics so we need to make some research before booking. Pri...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marty L
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thanks so much for attending chef Jeff's gluten free cooking class. What a fun weekend and what a great group. Jeff will be holding another class in November to get us all ready for holiday cooking. Hope to see you then.
Warmly,
Karen
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed here back in September '12 for anniversary/harvest party and are just now writing this long overdue review. We had a perfect stay in the Franklin and Fowler cottages. Karen was the ultimate host, very friendly and knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. If you need anything from restaurant recommendations, tasting rooms to attractions, she knows it all. Karen set us up with a wine tasting with Drew Neiman, added bonus, a real character and a must if given the opportunity. Louise was a rock star, made unbelievable breakfast every morning and even went out and got shipping boxes so we could bring home all the wine we purchased. Both cottages were clean and beds ultra comfortable. Bathrooms have heated tile floors and all the amenities needed. Inn is perfect location to walk into town and just far enough for peace and quiet at night. We highly recommend the Inn on Randolph, we are planning our next visit ASAP. Thank you! Andy and Kristin

Room Tip: Franklin and Fowler cottages were very comfortable and we had a great stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

From the minute you arrive you will feel welcomed and comfortable. Beautifully updated Inn with all the amenities and great breakfast. The granola mix is awesome so ask for the recipe, they will share it! Heated bathroom floors, fireplaces and great beds and linens. The rooms in the Inn don't have a TV so be aware if you need one in your room, chose a cottage. Otherwise, enjoy the Neiman room complete with bathroom, fridge, ice maker, cappuccino maker, big screen TV, conference table, wifi and a fireplace-all in a beautiful room. Its obvious Karen and her team love what they do...they're ALL awesome but Louise, she's extra special. Thank you for a great stay and we will see you again!

Room Tip: Washington and Randolph rooms are adjacent and have jetted bath tubs. Hannah room has great king siz...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LibyAH
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have never felt so well taken care of before in my life - except by my mom. It's hard to know where to start...the Inn is beautifully decorated. Comfortable, relaxing, homey, calm. The cottage we were in was just perfect in every way. Heated bathroom floors, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in away from home. The sheets on the bed .... Amazing! I purchased a set for myself and our guest bed. The feel like you are sleeping in water...weird analogy, I know! They just flow over you. Wonderful fireplace, and the decorating! I wish I could hire their decorator!!!!

The food was superb. The kitchen is open night and day if you want to help yourself to anything. I felt so at home that after breakfast one morning I gathered up my dishes and started walking them to the kitchen! I didn't get very far before a staff member took everything from me and fussed over me some more. I really felt like I was a child at home being taken care of by my doting mother. It was a truly relaxing vacation. I could go on and on, but please, give it a try. I only hope one day I am lucky enough to stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueleena
Claremont
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Everything about this place is done to perfection...

FIrst of all, it is very private and very mellow. The rooms are impeccable and are appointed with every fine detail you could want; fireplace, heated bathroom floors, big jacuzzi tubs, two shower head shower AND a bed that made for the best sleep ever. Nice TV up on the wall, a bottle of wine and waters. There was a microwave and refrigerator...everything you could want.

Each morning, a delicious and health conscious breakfast was served by Karen and her inviting staff. Karen and her staff made you feel very welcomed and comfortable throughout the stay.

The location is perfect, walking distance to a hopping downtown Napa!

We had a great time, enjoyed our stay so much...and like our titles says, we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the FOWLER ROOM. A big private room outside the main house...very nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple