“Lovely & luxurious!”

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #5 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Inn on Randolph & sincerely enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Laurel Cottage, which was absolutely charming. We loved reading books out on the chairs in the private little garden, and falling asleep to the sounds of the fountain was really relaxing. The bed & linens are incredibly soft and comfortable, and the in-room fireplace got a lot of use! Also, the heated bathroom floors seemed superfluous to me at first, but ended up being one of my favorite features of the room.

We planned much of our trip in advance, so we didn't have a ton of interaction with the staff, but everyone we encountered was sincerely friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They make an effort to remember your name & what cottage/your room you're staying in, which is a noticeable and nice touch.

I can't recommend the Inn enough!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelgirl53015
There are newer reviews for Inn on Randolph

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed our stay at the Inn on Randolph! I have been gluten-free for over 30 years so I really enjoyed their amazing gluten-free breakfasts. Even my bread loving husband thought they were terrific! We stayed in one of the cottages on the property and really enjoyed our own fireplace, HUGE spa tub and heated bathroom floors. Not to mention the AMAZING staff. Karen the owner as well as Stacy were wonderful in helping us plan our trip around Napa as we have never been. The location is also wonderful as it is very close to downtown Napa. Walking distance to the amazing restraunts and tasting bars. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here whether they are gluten-free or not!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed at the Inn and had several business meetings at the Inn's conference room. The conference room is detached and easy for our attendees to park. The Inn has high speed internet and we had several presentations and these presentations went without a hitch. Hopefully we will be back next year.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Once again, Trip Advisor proves to be totally right on! We had an unexpected chance to visit Napa and started searching for places to stay - everything we read about The Inn on Randolph sounded wonderful -- and guess what: everything we read was true and more!
As I just re-read several reviews, person after person underscores why this place is so very special. From the lovely and elegant decor with exquisite attention to detail, to the fabulous bedding and cozy, yet spacious accommodations (we stayed in the Fowler Cottage), to delicious gourmet breakfasts - it couldn't have been better. But to top it off --- the welcome we had, from the moment we walked in the door and met Louise, until the time we left (and feeling as if we'd known her forever!), along with Stacie's gracious attention -- both seemed so genuinely pleased to be doing what they do! What a pleasure.
Town was nearby and so interesting to explore --- and restaurants were outstanding (with recommendations and reservations made by Louise). There is even a gym nearby that we visited every day, which became a great start to our day.
This trip was so wonderful and I only wish I could be heading back to the Inn on Randolph sooner rather than later! And I know it would be a terrific place to stay with other close friends -- hoping for that, too!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jod925
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Inn on Randolph. While staying at the Inn, I also hosted business meetings in the Neiman Room. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms were extremely nice and very comfortable. The meeting room was perfect for my needs (6 to 7 people). The location being so close to downtown Napa made a 4 star meal steps away. I would highly recommend a business traveler capitalizing on all the Inn on Randolph has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

So glad that the Neiman room worked so well for your group. It really is a comfortable room for business meetings. We look forward to having you all back for your annual meeting next January.
Warmly,
Karen

Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is a newly renovated, well located bed and breakfast with yummy breakfasts and the staff are friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about Napa. I stayed in the Randolph Cottage which was lovely. My one complaint is the noisy heating/cooling system. It is relatively cold in Napa in February and while the loud unit isn't really a problem during the day, I'm a light sleeper. I turned off my heating unit, but the Randolph Cottage is connected to the Washington Room, and when the people (who were obviously much heavier sleepers than me!) left their unit on all night I could hear the noise from the unit attached to the same wall and even feel a sort of vibration which made sleeping difficult. If you're a moderate to heavy sleeper this is unlikely to be a problem, but light sleepers might like to choose another room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Absolutely lovely! The renovation is great. The location was wonderful in terms of walkability to downtown. We stayed in the smallest, least expensive room and it felt very specious was tastefully done. The staff was warm, friendly and relaxed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple