“Just Awesome”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Just Awesome”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just got back and I miss this place already. Everything was wonderful from the staff to the rooms to the fresh baked cookies.

We felt like we were staying in someone's house without the guilt of having to do chores. The inn keepers were lovely and ready to offer suggestions for area attractions and wineries. They also have some deals with their favorite spots and are very helpful in sharing suggestions for things to do. They really will custom design a few days worth of activities for you if you are lazy/short on time (we were short on time).

The inn keepers also make a healthy and satisfying breakfast every morning. Also, when we were there, we had the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies ever.

The rooms looked like they were out of a catalog --- no doilies or lame frilly B&B decorations. Everything was modern and functional. The bathrooms even had heated floors! The sheets felt like sleeping in lotion. Check out the Neiman room for a big TV, a larger gathering space and all other entertainment needs.

The location is perfect, a short 5 min. walk to the heart of Napa and roughly a 10 min. drive to the other towns in wine country. The rates are reasonable especially compared to other high end hotels in the area.

The Inn on Randolph is classy but not pretentious and homey but not suffocating. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: book during the week if you can for better rates and availability
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tina S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my first time staying at a true bed & breakfast and the Inn on Randolph surpassed all expectations. The service, food, location and amenities were all consistent with a 5-star luxury hotel, only more friendly.

Karen and the entire staff were extremely attentive and welcoming, making us feel at right at home while still giving us our privacy -- a tough balance that they achieved perfectly. Check-in/check-out, the tour, etc were all extremely quick and informal- I almost forgot we were paying to stay here. They had close connections with several local wineries and were able to provide excellent recommendations as well as free tastings.

The food was delicious, innovative, and healthy (gluten-free and farm-to-table ingredients). I'm not usually a health freak but if it tastes this good, there's nothing wrong with the 'healthy' tag. There were always freshly baked cookies to snack on and the breakfast was as good as I've had anywhere in the world - the granola, corn cakes and chicken sausage were amazing. A local winemaker (who the Neiman room is named after) also eats breakfast here from time to time -- definitely say hi and visit his winery while in Napa.

The Inn consisted of a few buildings. We stayed in the main building upstairs in the Walker room (there are 3 rooms on that floor). They were all excellently appointed with contemporary furnishings and luxury amenities like heated bathroom floors. The bed was extremely comfortable and provided an excellent night's sleep (high thread-count linens, great pillows, and black-out curtains didn't hurt either).

The Inn is located in a quiet neighborhood so virtually no street noise. We were in walking distance to the main shopping area as well as local bars. It's a short 10-minute drive to Yountville for those looking for the fine dining there.

Overall a great experience and this is the ONLY place I'll stay in Napa.

2 Thank theclockend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was looking all over Napa for a nice place to stay during a quick trip to the Valley. I wanted something that was different, special, and a cut above. I of course saw offerings in Yountville, which though nice, started at $500+. Moreover, a significant number of those had up and down reviews which made me very worried when committing so much money and time to a stay.

Enter the Inn on Randolph. I found the inn on TripAdvisor and was highly intrigued by all the positive reviews. The pictures and website then made my jaw drop - such a stunningly beautiful full restoration of a historic property! When I called and explained my travel plans, and even some odd requests I had, to the staff, they all could not have been more helpful and accommodating. By the second time I called to confirm my dates, I think everyone knew me and were as excited to meet me as I was to meet them and see the inn - genuine enthusiasm which makes a trip like this feel really special.

When I arrived at the inn from San Francisco (roughly an hour long drive), I was greeted like a family member and immediately was offered food, drinks, assistance, and a tour around the property. The property was even better than the pictures display (and the pictures are impressive). I felt like I was walking through a design catalog. It's clear that when the restoration/renovation was done, no expense was spared and it was done to the highest of standards.

My room, Wilson, was very spacious and featured one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The mattress was top quality and the sheets must have had a thread count only reserved for royalty - insanely comfortable. The whole inn had a great HVAC system and the room featured a silent, but soothing and attractive, ceiling fan (put me to sleep like a baby).

The bathroom followed suit and was incredibly well put together. IMMACULATE top to bottom (something I am very particular about). The floors are heated, which is a really nice touch. The shower had dual shower heads (front and back) and beautiful tile work. Plenty of very high quality towels were available. The shampoo/soaps were also of the highest quality and refreshing (pretty sure they sell them at Whole Foods).

The entire staff in incredibly knowledgeable about Napa and can recommend anything that suits your likes. Whether it's wineries, tasting rooms, hikes, restaurants - all the recommendations were perfect and personal. They called ahead for me and made sure that wherever I was going knew I was coming - and also made sure I was treated well. Something particularly classy was the fact that the inn has special relationships with many wonderful places in the valley, allowing for special treatment and/or discounts.

And the Breakfast part of "Bed & Breakfast"? You guessed it - fabulous. The staff are very conscious of food allergies/dislikes and do whatever they can for you. I received wonderful vegetarian options and they even are 100% ready with wonderful gluten-free options. All day, fresh gourmet tea, coffee, and snacks are available to enjoy.

I really could go on and on waxing poetic about how fantastic my experience was. I'm certainly returning, probably multiple times a year (and I live on the East Coast). Though my experience is from the "out of town" perspective, anyone from San Francisco or another more "local" area will enjoy it just the same.

At this point, I've officially accepted the fact that I'm an Inn on Randolph groupie.

Room Tip: Wilson was perfect for one or two people and it has dual shower heads and a heated bathroom floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank P S
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is not an average bed and breakfast. The finest linens, beautiful decor, perfect ambience, privacy. The owner has thought of everything. It's just perfect in every way.

Our room had a fireplace, private bathroom with jetted tub, a bottle of wine when we arrived, windows that opened to the Street view below, and the most comfortable bed. The service was impeccable. Breakfast was delicious. And there were many, many special touches and added amenities. I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Boston, MA
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our first experience at a bed and breakfast. The Inn on Randolph was great. From the staff, willing to assist at any moment, to a wonderful breakfast each day. We stayed in the Laurel Room, as mentioned in other reviews, the heated bathroom floors are amazing. The fireplace was great. I found the bed comfortable, but prefer a soft mattress, so a little firm for me, but my husband found it very comfortable. The grounds are meticulous and the location to town is a nice walk. Overall, I would say it is a great B&B, coming from someone who prefers a large resort type atmosphere. Thanks to Karen and the staff for a great vacation.

Room Tip: The cottages were great and included a TV, if that is something you are looking for in a B&B.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Surpassed expectations...First trip to NAPA so chose from Trip Advisor reviews which were spot on. Karen's advice on where to go was extremely helpful for newbies.Breakfasts were delicious and unique.We stayed in The Winston, plenty big enough and comfy bed, great double shower heads.You are close enough to walk to downtown historic area to shops,restaurants...10 min. Never used a car,only to get to wineries!This place is where you stay if you love B&B's but want an updated, doilly-less,classy,clean, romantic setting.Thanks to the welcoming Karen and all the great attentive friendly staff!

Room Tip: Winston smallest room upstairs but plenty big enough.Great Bathroom shower too!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
One of the major benefits of staying downtown is being able to walk to the wine tasting rooms and the wonderful restaurants. Glad you loved your room and your visit!

Warmly,

Karen
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We just returned from celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in Napa and spent four wonderful nights at the Inn on Randolph. This is a first class operation. Karen and staff were so welcoming and helpful. Every morning while dining on a delicious breakfast, she would check in to see if she could help in any way with our plans for the day. The Inn itself was recently refurbished and feels fresh, clean and new. We stayed in a fabulous cabin behind the Inn and it was just perfect. The most comfortable king bed and bedding, beautiful bathroom with heated tile floors, a small kitchenette with coffee maker, a gas fireplace and a bottle of wine. What more can you ask for? Thank you Karen and Stacy for your gracious hospitality. We look forward to visiting again in not so distant future.