“Wonderful weekend!!!”

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #5 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Inn in Feb. From the moment we entered the Inn we felt very taken care of, down to the tiny details. Karen obviously seeks to provide the best hospitality in the area and we just adored her and her staff.
We arrived in Napa with no plans and she managed to help us plan almost every meal and every vineyard we visited... she even made our appointments! Beautiful cottage (laurel) with very comfortable bed (sheets) and large tub. Was very clean and even smelled of fresh paint! We definitely recommend eating at Celadon, Tarla, and the Oxbow market. We also really enjoyed some of the tasting rooms in town (Mark Herold and Uncorked) What a fun trip! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I recommend a cottage to be a little more secluded
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

With over 450 wineries in the Napa Valley and so many wonderful restaurants we understand that it can get a bit overwhelming when trying to plan. We were happy to help organize your adventures while you were here at the inn and I am so glad you enjoyed our recommendations.

Karen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This B and B is a true gem! My husband and I recently stayed for four nights and were sad to see our time there end so quickly. The warm hospitality begins as soon as you arrive. Stacey and Emily welcomed us and were extremely helpful with recommendations and knowledge about the area. They made us feel at home (only better) immediately.

My husband loves good coffee and was pleased to be able to make himself a French press of the Inn’s special blend of coffee at his whim. There was a special treat of homemade chocolate chip cookies available every afternoon (or after dinner).

Everything is gluten free which we were a bit wary of before we arrived. However, the food is so fresh, creative and delicious -- who needs gluten?

It was next to impossible to get out of those amazing beds and sheets. What can I say – the bathroom floor was heated!.

Debating between the Inn at Randolph and other inns? It’s a no-brainer! Karen and her wonderful staff will know just how to take care of you! You won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfasts! So many of our guests appreciate the gluten free food and we are thrilled to announce that we just hired a new chef and he is bring our culinary delights to a whole new level. You will have to come back and try Chef Ethan's creations!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Napa for my birthday. He wanted the bed and breakfast experience and wanted to make it special. The staff at the inn helped him with all the plans - dinners, wineries, and even an oil tasting. It was a wonderful, romantic weekend. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds amazing! I need to find out how to get those sheets - they are as soft as butter! I have been there with a group of girlfriends but this experience was so different. Karen and her staff are so pleasant and the breakfast is delicious. They have a wealth of knowledge about the area and the hundreds of wineries. They put together the most romantic weekend ever!

Room Tip: I love the cottages
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

It was so nice to have you back at the inn and to meet your husband this visit. Glad to hear you had a great birthday! I would be happy to order you a set of our fabulous sheets - just give me a call at the inn.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Our room was beautifully decorated. The bed was nice and comfy. The staff was helpful in recommending where to eat and go wine tasting.

The hot breakfast was delicious.

Great location!! We were able to walk to some local spots. I can't wait to come back again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

So glad you were able to sneak away for a night without the kids. The inn's location makes it perfect overnight spot for guests coming from all over Northern California. We look forward to having you back next time you can get away!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Booked this on the strength of its reviews and rating on tripadvisor but was disappointed. Am aware Napa can be a pricey destination and perhaps "value for money" and Napa don't quite go hand in hand but still ... did expect bit more from a US340 a night property. I stayed at the Union Room for (thankfully only) one night. Floor was slightly dirty, the lights were not working properly and kept flickering all night but what really got to me was the water pressure. The shower was fine but the water from the sink was down to a trickle so it took a while to get my teeth brushed. There also seemed to be a problem with the hot and cold water faucets so instead of getting consistently warm water, you end up either with icy water or risk getting scalded, which happened to me twice. Breakfast was a typical B&B affair - DIY with just about everything except they served up a hot eggy quiche which was decent enough but for this price, I would really recommend staying closer to Yountville which is closer to some of the wine tasting venues (Maisonry) and Redd Wood (great restaurant at reasonable prices).

3  Thank Uberfrau27

I was so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to make every guest’s experience exceptional. I wish we would have know immediately of your concerns as we would have done everything possible to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the inn last August for our honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect. Karen is super nice and came by at breakfast everyday to see how she could assist us with planning our day (recommended some great wineries and lunch spots). It was a beautiful peaceful setting but also only a few blocks from town which was really nice on the days we just wanted to wander into town for dinner or wine tasting.

We stayed in the Laurel Cottage which was super cute and we loved drinking wine by the little fireplace every night. I thought the private garden advertised with it would be a bit more private (it's open to the pathway and street) but that was fine because we were really either out in the town/wine country or in the cottage and it was still a nice place for reading. Oh, and in the cottage is the best bed you will ever sleep in. Seriously. My husband and I called it "the cloud bed". I wanted to ship it back home!

My biggest rave is for the breakfast every morning. I've stayed at other B&Bs and usually it's a little something and alright, but this breakfast was truly gourmet! I'm even a weird person who doesn't like eggs and we told them that the first day and they managed to make me delicious breakfasts everyday without eggs (which can be challenging!) It was the perfect start to the day to fill our tummies with yumminess before heading out to wineries. They helped us have an awesome honeymoon and we definitely look forward to returning for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for spending your honeymoon here at the inn on Randolph. We were thrilled to hear that you had such a great time. While we can't ship you the entire bed we would be happy to order you some of our wonderful sheets - just give us a call at the inn.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Karen the owner of the Inn does an amazing job. My wife and I did a back yard vacation being local bay area people. We thought we knew a lot about the area but Karen's knowledge and help was fantastic. The rooms are modern with tremendous attention to detail...even heated bath floors. Breakfast was unique and tasty each day. Can not say enough good about our stay and we will be planning a return visit.

Jim&Sheri

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thanks for the wonderful compliment! Napa is such an easy drive from SF and the Bay Area that we get a lot of guests coming up every few months to stay with us. We love our return guests as they feel like family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!