“Beautiful relaxation - worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn on Randolph

Inn on Randolph
Ranked #4 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Beautiful relaxation - worth every penny!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Tucked on a cozy side street of downtown Napa, nestled among beautifully tended gardens and behind a charming stone wall, you’ll find the Inn on Randolph. Upon climbing the spacious porch and entering front door, you’ll be greeted by one of the most warm, professional, and accommodating couples in the hospitality business – Karen and Dan.

If you think you’ve happened upon a living Restoration Hardware/Pottery Barn catalogue – well, you’re not alone. I certainly did! The color palette, the furniture and décor, the gorgeous bathrooms with radiant heated floors, the drool-worthy sheets & pillows, all have been carefully selected and engineered for a restful, relaxing, and deliciously decadent time away from reality. The Inn on Randolph is a perfect balance of relaxation and chic – certainly not your grandmother’s bed and breakfast. There was not a lace doily or floor-to-floor carpet in sight, but plenty of gorgeous woodworking, wainscoting, and hard wood floors. The attention to detail in the hospitality and in each aspect of the space is outstanding.

Thoughtful touches like an always-open coffee and tea station, a complimentary bottle of wine in each room, fresh-baked cookies each afternoon, and absolutely fantastic breakfast each morning make the Inn on Randolph a perfect solo getaway, a couple’s retreat, or a fun destination for a family or group of friends.

I stayed at the Inn on Randolph for a night, with my husband and three other couples. We were celebrating a birthday, and Karen and her team helped us coordinate a wonderful happy hour complete with cake, wine, and cheese; as well as provided recommendations for the best restaurants and vineyards in the area. They went out of their way to make sure that we all had a great time, and I really am so appreciative of that.

So my recommendation to you: book some time at the Inn on Randolph. You won’t regret it!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Austin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at three different inns on a recent CA visit, and this was our favorite. The cottage was adorable, with clean design and lots of great details for the spotting, like the antique books tucked into the old mail slot and the tiny birdhouse perched on our white picket fence. Those touches speak of owners who really want to surprise and delight their guests.

The huge tub was amazing. The fridge with bottles of Calistoga water and a pitcher of real cream for morning coffee were much appreciated. We availed ourselves of the chocolate chip cookies several times. ;-)

Breakfast was delicious, with an emphasis on protein from this gluten-free establishment, which we much appreciated (although our baked eggs one morning were a bit undercooked, but offset by outstanding mushrooms).

The staff was extra friendly and helpful, directing us to excursions that we might enjoy. Most helpful was the detailed email we received upon registration with reviews of their favorite wine and olive oil tastings and suggestions to book early. We did just that, and our favorites were all from their list.

We highly recommend the Inn on Randolph and would consider it again for our next trip to Napa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Inn on Randolph is not like any bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. It's more like a 5-star hotel with beautiful rooms, tranquil, well manicured grounds, delicious food and a wonderful, knowledgeable staff. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I felt taken care of - like a member of the Inn's family. Karen, Stacy, Summer and Chef Ethan took great care of me. I ate well, I slept well and everything I needed was anticipated. Their recommendations for wineries to visit and restaurants to try were great. They even suggested good shopping and sightseeing, in addition to wine tasting. All I can think about is when can I get back and eat more of Ethan's wonderful breakfasts? The Inn really touts its gluten-free status. I am not gluten free and I thought the food was wonderful and inventive. It was incredibly fresh and very different each morning. I highly recommend the Inn on Randolph. A heartfelt thank you to all who made my stay relaxing and so fun!

Room Tip: For a bit more privacy, stay in one of the detached cottages.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
I am so glad that you felt well taken care of during your stay at the Inn on Randolph. My entire staff truly cares about each of our guests and strives to make sure everyone has a great experience in the valley. Ethan looks forward to cooking for you again soon!
Warmly,

Karen
Sacramento
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Inn on Randolph for a meeting there and was surprised by the service, the property, and the experience. I came in late and had instructions for entry and everything was wonderful - it's nice to not even have to deal with parking worries upon your arrival to a hotel.

The Room: The water and wine in my room was perfect - I happily consumed both while catching up on email over the flawless wireless (most hotels have such slow connections). Even though the weather was nice, I flipped the switch on the fireplace...because I could and it was a nice feel while I sipped my wine. Sleep came fast with some super soft sheets (I think they were comphy brand??) and morning shower was great - it was a jacuzzi tub/shower combo and it was sunken. I'm not sure I've ever taken a sunken shower - it was kinda cool. Business travelers beware, there was no desk in my room, which I expected. I don't think a lot of people are going to Napa for business.

Service: It was excellent. The best touch was warm/just out of the oven cookies delivered during the meeting - that I hadn't seen before. I was expecting a converted something for the meeting room given that it was a Napa boutique property, but it was top-notch with all the bells and whistles of a large hotel. Two water refreshes during a four hour meeting as well.

Property: Gorgeous. Gorgeous lobby, gorgeous rooms, gorgeous grounds. The attention to detail at the property is stunning. I especially liked the outside grounds - random seating areas, beautiful landscaping, just gorgeous. I'm sure a perfect spring day helped, too. From a business perspective, it's nice when you get out of your meeting and group conversations can still continue at the outdoor areas.

Next up is bringing my significant other to enjoy the Inn on Randolph.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I had a blissful 3-night stay at Inn on Randolph for our 1st anniversary.

Great location, quick & easy walking distance to downtown Napa area.

We stayed at Jefferson room, love the modern & clean design of Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel/Restoration Hardware of the room and property. Bed (mattress and sheets) was soft and buttery and comfy, bathroom has whirlpool tub, heated floor.

Karen and Stacy are very friendly and eager to help you with whatever you need to make sure you had a wonderful Napa stay & experience.

All breakfasts were fantastic! Not too heavy, just right, healthy, very DELICIOUS and elevated but simple food. It was a treat every morning. Ethan is The Chef!

All in all, 5++ experience!! We still talked about it till today, and can't wait to go back!

Thank you Karen, Stacy and Ethan!

~hilda & pierre-orly~

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A fabulous place to stay ~ modern amenities wrapped up in historical charm. Superb staff with great knowledge of the area, most excellent hot breakfasts, perfect location, peaceful surroundings, and lovely gardens. The perfect get-away. Thank you Emily, Karen, and Stacey for a great stay. Oh, and the best granola I have ever eaten :-)
Karen B.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our 3 night visit was simply spectacular. The staff was so friendly and knowledgable. They had great connections all over the Napa area to help you get the best out of your visit and offered tons of perks to make you feel like a VIP. I still cannot believe how much was included in the price of staying at the Inn at Randolph. The breakfasts were exquisite - not only was there always delicious house made granola, yogurt, and fruit every morning, but there was also an organic and gourmet hot breakfast as well. We dined on quinoa cakes with a poached egg, chilaquiles, and a 6 minute egg with potatoes and smoked salmon. Coffee and tea were available at all times with self-serve individual french press and tea pots for loose leaf tea. The beds were to die for comfy and the rooms were spacious and private. Spa tub in the bathroom helped push this place over the top when it comes to relaxation. I am in love with the Inn on Randolph and cannot wait to return. You won't find a better place to stay in the area - especially at this price point. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: There are private cottages and wonderful, private rooms in the main house.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family