“Walk to Dinner”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland, New Zealand
“Walk to Dinner”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in one of the smaller cottages for 3 nights and had a lovely time. Each cottage has its own outdoor area which makes for that feeling of having indoor outdoor living and your own "place". We arrived late afternoon and on the first greeting Stacey, the manager, had us sorted with a free downtown late wine tasting and a spot for dinner, complete with walking directions. She also gave us ideas on what to do the following day and made tasting and dinner reservations for us. It is nice to be able to walk to dinner, no worries about needing a driver, waiting for a cab if you have that second glass of wine. (Well it is wine country after all!) Another nice touch was the complimentary drinks in the room fridge, afternoon cookies available and a tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Any room would be good, the rooms in the house looked private and discrete. No bad choice.
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
We too love our location in downtown Napa. It is so convenient to be able to walk to the tasting rooms and all the wonderful restaurants. No need to drive or arrange for a cab. We hope to see you back at the inn!

Warmly,

Karen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
London
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the laurel room and had a great time. The innkeepers were extremely helpful. The room was nice with a nice cosy fireplace. Best of all were the bed sheets which were the softest sheets I have slept on. Breakfast was very good and healthy. Would definitely come back.

Stayed April 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Tucked on a cozy side street of downtown Napa, nestled among beautifully tended gardens and behind a charming stone wall, you’ll find the Inn on Randolph. Upon climbing the spacious porch and entering front door, you’ll be greeted by one of the most warm, professional, and accommodating couples in the hospitality business – Karen and Dan.

If you think you’ve happened upon a living Restoration Hardware/Pottery Barn catalogue – well, you’re not alone. I certainly did! The color palette, the furniture and décor, the gorgeous bathrooms with radiant heated floors, the drool-worthy sheets & pillows, all have been carefully selected and engineered for a restful, relaxing, and deliciously decadent time away from reality. The Inn on Randolph is a perfect balance of relaxation and chic – certainly not your grandmother’s bed and breakfast. There was not a lace doily or floor-to-floor carpet in sight, but plenty of gorgeous woodworking, wainscoting, and hard wood floors. The attention to detail in the hospitality and in each aspect of the space is outstanding.

Thoughtful touches like an always-open coffee and tea station, a complimentary bottle of wine in each room, fresh-baked cookies each afternoon, and absolutely fantastic breakfast each morning make the Inn on Randolph a perfect solo getaway, a couple’s retreat, or a fun destination for a family or group of friends.

I stayed at the Inn on Randolph for a night, with my husband and three other couples. We were celebrating a birthday, and Karen and her team helped us coordinate a wonderful happy hour complete with cake, wine, and cheese; as well as provided recommendations for the best restaurants and vineyards in the area. They went out of their way to make sure that we all had a great time, and I really am so appreciative of that.

So my recommendation to you: book some time at the Inn on Randolph. You won’t regret it!

• Stayed April 2014
Austin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at three different inns on a recent CA visit, and this was our favorite. The cottage was adorable, with clean design and lots of great details for the spotting, like the antique books tucked into the old mail slot and the tiny birdhouse perched on our white picket fence. Those touches speak of owners who really want to surprise and delight their guests.

The huge tub was amazing. The fridge with bottles of Calistoga water and a pitcher of real cream for morning coffee were much appreciated. We availed ourselves of the chocolate chip cookies several times. ;-)

Breakfast was delicious, with an emphasis on protein from this gluten-free establishment, which we much appreciated (although our baked eggs one morning were a bit undercooked, but offset by outstanding mushrooms).

The staff was extra friendly and helpful, directing us to excursions that we might enjoy. Most helpful was the detailed email we received upon registration with reviews of their favorite wine and olive oil tastings and suggestions to book early. We did just that, and our favorites were all from their list.

We highly recommend the Inn on Randolph and would consider it again for our next trip to Napa.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Inn on Randolph is not like any bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. It's more like a 5-star hotel with beautiful rooms, tranquil, well manicured grounds, delicious food and a wonderful, knowledgeable staff. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I felt taken care of - like a member of the Inn's family. Karen, Stacy, Summer and Chef Ethan took great care of me. I ate well, I slept well and everything I needed was anticipated. Their recommendations for wineries to visit and restaurants to try were great. They even suggested good shopping and sightseeing, in addition to wine tasting. All I can think about is when can I get back and eat more of Ethan's wonderful breakfasts? The Inn really touts its gluten-free status. I am not gluten free and I thought the food was wonderful and inventive. It was incredibly fresh and very different each morning. I highly recommend the Inn on Randolph. A heartfelt thank you to all who made my stay relaxing and so fun!

Room Tip: For a bit more privacy, stay in one of the detached cottages.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
InnkeeperIOR, Owner at Inn on Randolph, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
I am so glad that you felt well taken care of during your stay at the Inn on Randolph. My entire staff truly cares about each of our guests and strives to make sure everyone has a great experience in the valley. Ethan looks forward to cooking for you again soon!
Warmly,

Karen
Sacramento
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Inn on Randolph for a meeting there and was surprised by the service, the property, and the experience. I came in late and had instructions for entry and everything was wonderful - it's nice to not even have to deal with parking worries upon your arrival to a hotel.

The Room: The water and wine in my room was perfect - I happily consumed both while catching up on email over the flawless wireless (most hotels have such slow connections). Even though the weather was nice, I flipped the switch on the fireplace...because I could and it was a nice feel while I sipped my wine. Sleep came fast with some super soft sheets (I think they were comphy brand??) and morning shower was great - it was a jacuzzi tub/shower combo and it was sunken. I'm not sure I've ever taken a sunken shower - it was kinda cool. Business travelers beware, there was no desk in my room, which I expected. I don't think a lot of people are going to Napa for business.

Service: It was excellent. The best touch was warm/just out of the oven cookies delivered during the meeting - that I hadn't seen before. I was expecting a converted something for the meeting room given that it was a Napa boutique property, but it was top-notch with all the bells and whistles of a large hotel. Two water refreshes during a four hour meeting as well.

Property: Gorgeous. Gorgeous lobby, gorgeous rooms, gorgeous grounds. The attention to detail at the property is stunning. I especially liked the outside grounds - random seating areas, beautiful landscaping, just gorgeous. I'm sure a perfect spring day helped, too. From a business perspective, it's nice when you get out of your meeting and group conversations can still continue at the outdoor areas.

Next up is bringing my significant other to enjoy the Inn on Randolph.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I had a blissful 3-night stay at Inn on Randolph for our 1st anniversary.

Great location, quick & easy walking distance to downtown Napa area.

We stayed at Jefferson room, love the modern & clean design of Pottery Barn/Crate & Barrel/Restoration Hardware of the room and property. Bed (mattress and sheets) was soft and buttery and comfy, bathroom has whirlpool tub, heated floor.

Karen and Stacy are very friendly and eager to help you with whatever you need to make sure you had a wonderful Napa stay & experience.

All breakfasts were fantastic! Not too heavy, just right, healthy, very DELICIOUS and elevated but simple food. It was a treat every morning. Ethan is The Chef!

All in all, 5++ experience!! We still talked about it till today, and can't wait to go back!

Thank you Karen, Stacy and Ethan!

~hilda & pierre-orly~