“I don't know what else to say...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Intimate Wine Tours
Ranked #6 of 218 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique wine tour company, specializing in small and affordable private tours. We have some of the most affordable wine tour rates in the industry. Our staff of concierges has developed close relationships with many wineries and tasting room hosts. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a memorable and exclusive wine tasting experience. Our concierges and hospitality consultants possess years of expert Wine Country experience and are knowledgeable of both Sonoma and Napa County winery appellations.
Oakland Township, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I don't know what else to say...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't really know where to start. I decided back in February of this year that I was going to surprise my wife in August with a trip to Napa for her 40th birthday. Having never been to Napa, I took a recommendation from the Hotel Andaz concierge on what the best way was to experience Napa. They recommended the designated driving service and tour services of Intimate Wine Tours. About a month before our trip when we decided to hire them, I received an email and phone call from Tom the General Manager. It was more of an interview into who we are and what my wife truly likes in food and wine. From there Tom set an itinerary for my wife and I. After a few more phone calls, Tom had an amazing itinerary for my wife and I on July 31 and August 1 which was my wife's 40th birthday dialed in. He even made reservations for the night we got into Napa and we were not using his services then. Tom set us up with David as our driver. My wife and I hit it off with him the moment we got in our car with him. David picked us up promptly at 9:30am at the Hotel and we preceded to do 5 different vineyards on our first day all which were amazing with at stop at a market to pick up some food for a picnic lunch along the way. The next day we drove north to do a few more vineyards and the a birthday celebration at Coles Chop House. I could write all day about this experience. All I can say is that Tom and David did an unbelievable job from the planning, communication, reservations at the vineyards and restaurants, and to making this a trip to remember for my wife. I will be recommending their services for ever and I can't wait to use them again when I head back to Napa in the future. Wish I could have given them 6 stars.

7 Thank Dan_Wiz_Jr
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Wow! Thank you very much for the amazing review and kind words. On behalf of the entire Intimate Wine Tours team, everything was our pleasure. We are so elated to hear that your trip to Napa was such a memorable and wonderful experience. Moreover, it was a pleasure being a part of your wife's birthday celebration as we enjoyed making all the special arrangements and birthday surprises.

This is a hallmark and testament of the level of concierge services that we provide for all of our guests regarding their wine tours. We understand that there is a fundamental difference between customer service and hospitality. Therefore, we always strive to exceed our guests' level of expectations by delivering amazing hospitality.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed David's professionalism and knowledge. He is an excellent wine tour guide as all of our guests thoroughly enjoy his hospitality. Again, thank you for the wonderful feedback and high recommendations. We look forward to seeing you again and to provide you with another incredible wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour of Napa!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Intimate Wine tours was amazing. We contacted them last minute on a Saturday night (after a recommendation from a winery), and they were able to pull together a Sunday morning tour for us. Tom was very good at keeping in contact with us, and accommodating all of our wishes. Our driver Josh was great as well. He was fun to hang out with for the day, and he was very knowledgeable about Napa and the surrounding areas. I would highly recommend them if you want a more intimate Napa tour. There prices were very reasonable, and the service was top notch!

7 Thank Camron327
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We understand that you have many choices when visiting the Napa valley and we thank you for choosing our company, Intimate Wine Tours. One of the many advantages of booking with our company, when it's a last minute decision, is our ability to schedule and logistical organize an incredible wine tour. Sometimes, this may be challenging, however, our paramount goal is to always deliver amazing hospitality regardless of the circumstances.

Moreover, we are so pleased to hear that you had a great time with Josh. He is an excellent wine tour driver as all of our guests thoroughly enjoy his knowledge, professionalism and warm hospitality.

Furthermore, thank you for recognizing and acknowledging our economic price point and value. There is a fundamental difference between a bargain and a value. We strive to deliver a fantastic value while exceeding our guests' level of expectations. Again, we thank you for your high recommendations and look forward to providing you with another fantastic wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I actually mixed up the dates, and we (my wife and 3 adult children) arrived a day earlier than we originally booked. Having realized my blunder, I called Susan in a panic at 6pm! She told me to simply relax-she would be happy to work her magic and guaranteed a fun filled day of tastings arranged for us the next day. Sure enough, we met our guide David the next morning and had delicious tastings at 4 wineries and a delicious picnic lunch at Sequoia Grove. David was absolutely fantastic! He truly has a passion for wines and is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun! Our entire family had a marvelous time and look forward to our return trip. We highly recommend Intimate Wine Tours. Thanks again Susan for saving the day!

6 Thank Keith E
Thank you again for choosing our company, Intimate Wine Tours. We are so happy to hear that we were able to reschedule the dates and appointments. Moreover, we are pleased to hear that Susan was so accommodating. She always does an amazing job when it comes to booking reservations and scheduling appointments. Furthermore, we are glad that you enjoyed David's professionalism and warm hospitality. All of our guests always have a fantastic time with David. Thank you again for your very high recommendation and look forward to providing you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Five-Star Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had Tom as our driver, and he was extremely knowledgeable, professional and personable. We had originally had another service do up our tour for about 50% higher than what Intimate Wine Tours cost. It was a wonderful day and I have and will continue to use and refer friends and clients to Intimate Wine Tours. They go well above and beyond of what's expected! Class act!!!
Wendy Roberts
Dallas, a Texas

Visited September 2013
7 Thank wwrobe61
Thank you very much for your kind words and high recommendation. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time on your wine tour. Moreover, thank you for recognizing and acknowledging our competitive price point and discounted rates. One of the many economic advantages for all of our guests, is receiving an incredible deal on the tour price, accompanied with an excellent value. Again, thank you for all of your recommendations and we look forward to providing you with another exceptional wine tour experience with Intimate Wine Tours.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

we are two friends from quebec, canads used to wine tasting... this tour does not include the tasting cost ... it´s 75$/h just for the deiver and the car with very limited spontaneous information on the wine industry ...the driver has no specific training in wine,except being born and raise in the napa valley

first stop was artesa ... beautiful place in term of architecture but wines are deceiving at least to our taste ... very oaky. !!

then we went to Odette... very small winery ... wow effect

last one was Honig ... very nice service but the wine were just ok

unfortunately doń´t think that they will plan a winery tour for you

overall cost too high

6 Thank Stephane_Ahern
etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
This tour was booked well in advance before its scheduled date. It's unfortunate that this consumer was dissatisfied with the price point and the quote, considering that we explained everything in detail, over email, regarding the price per hour along with the exclusive costs of the tastings and lunch. They had every opportunity to cancel their tour (w/ no cancellation fee,) if they were not satisfied with the tour price and associated tasting fees, which are standard with every wine tour.

Secondly, we understand that wine tasting is a very subjective activity. Therefore, we cannot control individual palates and opinions. All of our recommendations are solely based upon customer feedback and the wonderful experiences that our past guests have had at various wineries.

Furthermore, all of our drivers are very professional and knowledgeable about wines and the wine country, as evidenced by our FIVE STAR reviews. This particular driver is a Napa native and very experienced when it comes to wines and making excellent recommendations. It's unfortunate that this consumer let their subjectivity and strong opinions overshadow their wine tasting experience. All of our drivers are fantastic and we let the previous 245 FIVE STAR reviews speak for themselves against a very subjective and opinionated review.