“The Real Deal!”

Lonnie's Wine Tours & Transportation
Ranked #23 of 125 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour with a local to enhance your wine and culture experience.Have twenty one years experience in limo service, tour guide, concierge and wine educator in the Northern California Bay Area.Specialize visiting small boutique wineries, who produce small amounts of the finest world class wines.The most fun you will have in the Wine Country!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Real Deal!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our second tour with Lonnie in Napa. Like a bowl of Corn Flakes, Lonnie is The Original & Best. Lonnie grew up in Napa, has made and sold his own wine, and even opened a restaurant in the area. His insider knowledge of all things Napa and wine is second to none. Besides being highly professional, organized, prompt, friendly, and thoughtful, Lonnie is most importantly unpretentious and fun. While Lonnie would happily build you an itinerary based on your preferences, Lonnie truly excels at introducing his guests to unknown, boutique wineries that provide great wines and authentic experiences. Whether you are a Napa novice or veteran, you can't go wrong with Lonnie.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank DosNiner

Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Time with Lonnie!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is our third time using Lonnie as our driver in Napa. We have been to the wine country many times in the last twenty years and have used a variety of drivers/concierge services. Lonnie is such a professional and has set us up with many wineries we would have never known about, let alone been able to see. His stories between wineries of his childhood in the area and also the area's rich history is very interesting. We highly recommend his services and will use him again next year! Thanks Lonnie!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank laurah800
Deerfield, i
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Too Good To Be True!!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I wrote a review about Lonnie's Wine Tour a couple of years ago. I said it then and I will say it again - THIS GUY IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!! He knows the area better than anyone. He can take you anywhere you want to go and he will help you organize your entire trip. If you like to plan your own trip he will listen to your suggestions and guide you on the best places to visit. My only regret I have for writing this review is that the more people that use him the more impossible it will be for me to get him. I come out to Napa at least once a year and if I wait too long he is already booked. I just had him for 3 straight days and it was one of my best trips ever!! Like a few of you have said, there are other very good tour guides/limo services, but they are 2nd to Lonnie's Wine Tours!! If there was a reality TV show this guy would walk away with 1st place!!! He just has too much to offer his clients. Wine, food, lodging, you name it he knows it. He even gives you history of Napa, it's truly AMAZING!!! Do yourself a favor, on your next trip get Lonnie, you will be happy you made this choice - GUARANTEED!!!!!!

3 Thank Marc M
Moorpark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Lonnie provided an incredible tour for my husband and me, with little advance notice. We were so fortunate to find him. We typically visit Napa once a year and have previously hired another popular tour company. Lonnie's tour was so much more interesting and unique because they were off the beaten track at boutique wineries, such as Fantesca, Haber Family Vineyards, Aonair Wine, Arkenstone Vineyards, and Sunshine Foods for picnic food. Lonnie was so organized and had the whole trip planned perfectly. We had nothing to think about except to enjoy ourselves and to learn more about wine, vineyards and the fascinating people who bring us these wines. Thank you!

3 Thank MoorparkJenny
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Would not book a trip to Napa without Lonnie!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was the second time we have used Lonnie when taking a trip to Napa. He is very professional and provides so much information on the history of Napa, Sonoma, and the wineries! He was always on time and provided us with an excellent itinerary for the 2 days we visited the wineries. An added perk is his knowledge of great restaurants in the area! Lonnie is very easy going and pleasant. The car was very clean and comfortable. This was a girls trip for myself and 3 of my girlfriends and we felt very comfortable having him drive us for the 2 days. My husband and I are planning a trip for next year and one of the first things we will do is book our tour with Lonnie!

3 Thank Marilyn J