We needed a place in Napa/Sonoma where we could spend a Saturday night. Most of the B&B's we looked at had two-night minimums, so even though we were prepared to spend more than the Hawthorn costs, we weren't able to.
We called Inn at Sonoma and were referred to a phone number, I think called StaySonoma, where supposedly they had access to which hotels had short-notice rooms available. We took the Hawthorn because it was in a decent location (we had a car available) and was $189 (about $205 total = high taxes).
The Hawthorn was acceptable. Room was clean. Bathroom was acceptable, but not great. Service guy was friendly and referred us to a fantastic vegetarian restaurant (Ubuntu) which we much appreciated.
The hotel room entrances are on the outside of the building. Ours faced the parking lot. I would have preferred a hotel with doors inside the building, but didn't realize this in time before we booked. Not exactly my idea of how one should enjoy themselves in wine country, but we managed to spend the money we saved on our room -- and spent it on wine and great food. Copia and Oxbow are both great places to stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites Napa Valley provides exceptional, yet affordable, boutique style hotel accommodations in downtown Napa in the heart of the Napa Valley wine country, with in-room spa tubs, complimentary breakfast, and high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- Hawthorn Suites Napa
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Napa Valley CA