“A nice palce to stay at reasonable rates”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Chicago
“A nice palce to stay at reasonable rates”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed there for four nights. I traveled there to attend a family function and buy a car to one of family members who live in CA. The rooms are neat. Beds and pillows are good. Towels and other toiletries are not so great. I really enjoyed the hot breakfast. The staff is nice and customer friendly.
Luckily I found a Honda Dealer next door and bought new Honda car there. I visited three more shops but this guy gave me a good deal.
Cons: The out side view is not good and there is an old building, the steps are from outside and I did not feel comfortable but there were problems during the night. There is highway in front of the hotel and you hear traffic noise.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Simiane-la-Rotonde, France
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The swimming pool was disgusting. It had floating hair & other dirt collected in what looked like an oil slick. The bottom of the pool had brown dirt collected on the bottom. This was on a weekend in the middle of day. It did not appear they had the pump on. For $200.00 per night you would think they could clean the pool. I was afraid to swim in it. The towels in the room were worn & felt like sand paper. They only left 1 towel per guest. I will never stay in this dump again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruerue189

Travellers are raving about these Napa hotels

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2010

we were really impressed with this hotel. it is in a great location of downtown napa. In just a few minutes you can be on your way to tour the great winerys at napa valley. This hotel was a great value with a great breakfast every morning. and i am talking about a big breakfast with eggs, meat, hashbrowns, etc. everyday. and the service was without a doubt the best we have ever had. The front desk staff helped us everyday by maping out a day of events for us, helped us print off maps as to where we needed to go and plenty of advise on what we needed to see. Justine, & Michael were very good on helping us out & we really appreciated it. Nashville , Tn. the Holt family.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sheria_10
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My husband and I chose the Hawthorne Inn and Suites for our Napa vacation and were thoroughly impressed. The room was extremely clean, updated and had several amenities which were above and beyond our expectations. The room had a fridge and microwave which came in handy. The hotel served a hot breakfast which consisted of eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, tea, coffee, hot chocolate....a great way to fill up for a day out wine tasting and exploring Napa Valley. The breakfast room had a stone fireplace and wine bottles adding to the napa feel. Free internet, wine tasting coupons and brochures added to the wow factor for the price and location of this hotel. I was hesitant based on the star rating and price but couldn't have been more wrong. We will be back in a heartbeat!!! Do not hesitate to book this hotel, you won't be sorry.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
SF
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My company was having an event at the Carneros Inn which was more than 3X the price of the Hawthorne Inn. The Marriott and the Westin were 2X.

The Hawthorne Inn was clean, the room was big, the staff were great, internet was free, the breakfast was good, there was HBO, and I could walk from downtown Napa. What's not to like?

The owner, Anil, went so far as to give me a ride when I was struggling to get a cab to take me a couple of miles.

I'd stay here again in a heart beat, and buy 3 more bottles of wine with the money I save!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Lafayette CA
Reviewed 22 November 2009

What else can I say? Slept in the room (one night) by myself, developed scabies 4 days later. Kid and wife did not have or get them. Thankfully got rid of it with treatment. Parent company sent an email shifting blame to the local franchisee, the local franchisee at least looked into the matter-though denied I could have contracted it from their place. Buyer beware, you may get more than you bargained for with a stay there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank LafayetteCASrg
hawthorninnnapa, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Napa Valley, responded to this review, 25 November 2009
After hearing of the guest’s complaint, we promptly called our licensed pest control company to check the room the guest occupied. We were informed that they found nothing. They also stated that based on industry expertise, scabies are virtually impossible to contract without human to human contact. It is unfortunate that the guest has this specific skin issue. However, we are troubled that this reviewer feels as if he obtained this infection from our hotel; once again, human to human contact is necessary.
California
Reviewed 4 August 2009

HOTEL. An affordable weekend getaway. Save the money for the wine—you’ll do plenty.

STAFF. Accommodating and pleasant.

ROOM. Surprisingly larger than expected with small living area with couch and desk.

LOCATION. Conveniently located on main road and minutes from the Downtown area—across the bridge.

ATTRACTION. Most wineries are just a short drive away.

TIP(S). Our favorite is V. Sattui. Bring a sheet/ blanket and enjoy a picnic outside.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled as a couple