“Unique and very quality experience”

White Rock Vineyards
Ranked #71 of 186 things to do in Napa
Marlton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique and very quality experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I appreciated how personal this tour was. You could tell how proud Henri, the owner and tour guide, is of his craft. We learned so much from him. It was just my mother and I and he took us on a personalized tour and tasting completely free of charge. We were able to meet one of his son's who is the wine maker. It was wonderful to hear how this was such a family run business. This was a different experience from anything else we did in Napa/Sonoma. He was actually one of the few people that took us out to the vineyards. I really enjoyed the Claret wine that they make there. The caves were incredible. I highly recommend visiting this tour if you are in the area. It will be different than anything else you do.

Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
523 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 438 helpful votes
“AMAZING GEM...go if you can”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

I almost don't want to write this review because others may flock here. This winery is small but was one of the best we have ever visited. It is not commercial but with really wonderful wines. I especially loved the reds and my friends the whites so they have a wonderful selection. If you want a unique experience to "tell the kids about," this will give it to you. The wine caves were beautiful and the owner of the vineyard gave us a wonderful tour and overview of how they make the wine. I haven't been in anything like the wine caves and I just didn't want to leave. When I go back to Napa, I will definitely go back here. I ordered a case of wine which I also can't wait to get home to drink!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must See Winery/Vineyard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Personalized tour. Small, out-of-the-way winery that specializes in French-style wine. A nice change from the larger, busy wineries and vineyards. A must see for wine connoisseurs.

Visited November 2012
Simi Valley, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice, personal tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Met up with Henri (ann-ree) at the vineyard. We were late getting up to Napa, but called ahead to let him know. He was very cool with the delay and went right into the quick tour when we showed up. He gave us the lay of the land, a bit of the history of his family and then showed us the caves. The tastings were done in the back of the caves and Henri was very good and explaning the various wines. We especially like their whites (bought 4). It is a good, personal way to get to know the wine making process. Make sure you E-mail Henri ahead of time and setup a reservation. It's not crowded, they need to know you are coming and it's also off the beaten path.

Visited September 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Great wine and lots of education.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Henry was wonderful and taught us so much about wine. The caves were interesting and the wine delicious.

Visited June 2012