“Hotel Stay During Earthquake”

Hilton Garden Inn Napa
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Lubbock, United States
“Hotel Stay During Earthquake”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

On August 24 I flew into Sacramento CA and drove to Napa CA for work. I was a little nervous that I wouldn’t have a place to stay when I got to Napa because the city had a 6.0 Earthquake the previous night. I had heard that most of the businesses in Napa including most hotels had to shutdown for a few days to clean up after the eathquake. I was pleasantly please that my friends Krystal Rothwell and Bunny Barrientos from my favorite hotel “Hilton Garden Inn” in Napa had already been looking out for me, they called me on my cell phone while I was driving to the hotel to insure me that they still had a room for me. When I arrived these ladies had some chilled water and chilled wine waiting for my arrival. I was very impressed how organized Krystal Rothwell and Bunny Barrientos were the days after the earthquake and made us hotel guest feel very very very comfortable.

Dean Brandt

Room Tip: Room 313 very big
Green Features: Very environmentally-friendly, this hotel has ENERGY saving windows.
1 Thank Dean B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Saratoga Springs, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

From the minute you walk in until the minute you leave the service is outstanding. I have stayed at this hotel many times and I have yet to have a bad experience. The staff is very helpful. They know what is new in the area as far as restaurants and will tell you what is good and what isn't. The rooms are always very clean and the beds are the best. There is no better hotel in the Napa valley.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and nice location, nice service too.
What cause downgrading this hotel the cost.
The room are nice and the restaurant for breakfast is basic but still good.
I would expect such hotel below $180.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meir M
Turlock, California
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Shea was remarkable at putting together a group of rooms together for a couples retreat. She gave us a great rate and the process was seamless. We've traveled before with groups and that is not always the case. Shea is truly professional.The hotel is in a great location, rooms are nice and they have nice gathering areas. The fire pit became a favorite for the ladies. The restaurant was able to accommodate our large group for breakfast and they had great crepes and plenty of assortment of menu items for breakfast. The servers were wonderful leaving a carafe of coffee. And water on our table so we never had to wait for a refill.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shauneen T
Eureka, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My stay was very pleasant. Every member of the staff that I encountered was friendly and went out of their way to make my stay nice. The room and bathroom were clean but I did not care for the smell left from vacuuming possibly???? The linens were fresh and soft and the mattress and pillows were new and very comfortable. I appreciated the dual charger on the bedside table so that I could have my phone handy and not across the room charging on the desk. Large desk/work area in the room with adequate lighting. I did use the gym and it is small but clean and set up well for the small space- I am glad that they offered a gym facility. There was a book loaner/exchange area and game area and a small but nice patio and pool. Convenient location to shopping, dining and entertainment and very easy to locate off the highway.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Napa, CA for 4 nights and was very pleased. We were greeted upon arrival with a complimentary bottle of wine for liking the hotel on Facebook. Everytime we left to go wine tasting or seeing the sights, the reception desk was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again when visiting Napa.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Allen H
Napa, CA, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very convenient to CA 29 and downtown Napa for starting out your wine-touring. Quiet enough considering it's right next to the freeway. Stores and shops, restaurants and coffee nearby. Public CharhePoint plug-in charging stations two hundred yards away for electric vehicles. Friendly staff. Assorted amenities available in lobby including iced tea, lemon water and pastry. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends