“Vacation stop in Napa”
Review of Chardonnay Lodge

Chardonnay Lodge
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Good: Nice room size, great location, mostly clean.
The bad: Shower did not drain well (drain needs to be snaked), only 3 towels in a room for 4 people, coffee grounds left in coffee maker from previous guest.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Chardonnay Lodge

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The Chardonnay Lodge was just ok , I liked size of the room ( Lavender No#12 ) and the general cleanliness
Some issues we had with the Motel, Overpowering smell of air freshener , with the room being on the corner of the building it was quite dark. Being on the main road you get a lot of noise till quite late. $ 180 for one night is pricy for its location, you wouldn't walk into the centre of Napa , get something further out as you still need the car ...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend as we did wine tours in Napa. We were just looking for a clean place to sleep at night and that was close to town as we had no car. Chardonnay Lodge ticks the boxes. It is very reasonably priced for Napa and close enough that you can walk to town. The staff were friendly and helpful offering to take photos of us and suggesting tours and breakfast spots. The accommodation is very basic and dated. The only real negative is that there is no air conditioning in the room and it was very hot. We had to keep the doors open when we were in during the day. On the whole we were happy with our stay. It did the job.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our room had a very bad smell from cleaning products, the rugs were wet, and there was a whole in the ceiling of the bathroom. We were awakened by the people trying to clean our room early in the morning. This could be a nice place, but it needs work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The Chardonnay Lodge is in a decent location not too far from downtown Napa (walkable in 25min). It is on a fairly major road but wasn't too loud at night. I found no real problems with the cleanliness or comfort. Some effort had clearly been made to give the hotel some charm, which it had in a tacky kind of way. The price is good for Napa, which is generally overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank SnowboardAddict
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Chardonnay Lodge for my birthday weekend and we hated it. Our rooms smelled of urine and Fabreze and the carpets were filthy. The bathroom walls were peeling and holes in the wall were covered with mismatched paint. The photos online looked nothing like the place. My boyfriend and I were booked in a handicapped room and we are not handicapped. The staff/owner was not accomodating when we asked to be moved to another room. She said the lodge was booked and did not even bother to offer us anything to make our stay more pleasant. I told her it was my birthday and but it didn't matter. She still wasn't worried about trying to help make our stay more pleasant. She asked how my stay was and when I told my friends and I were not happy she did not even ask me if there was anything in particular that we didn't like or if there was anything she could do for us. We will never stay here again ...nor will we refer anyone to this place. Absolutely horrible!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank cdbck
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I couldn't tell what the smell was but it was bad and didn't go away.
The carpet was very dirty and stained, bathroom was dirty. This place really needs an updating! The carpet needs to be replaced.No comfortable place to sit, inconvenient electrical outlets.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple