“Exceeded Expectations in Every Way!”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Exceeded Expectations in Every Way!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were very impressed with the Napa Winery Inn! This is a new Ascend Collection hotel, recently converted from a Quality Inn. I could sense that the staff are excited about the future of this new hotel, as well they should be. Even though it was not busy during the off season, I am sure it will pick up once known. The location on CA-29 is in close proximity to many wineries.

First of all, we were greeted with an upgrade to the whirlpool suite and I was greeted as an Choice Privileges Platinum member. I was very pleased and surprised as this kind of upgrade almost never happens with the Choice Hotels brand. The room was spotless and well lit! We thought we were the first guests to ever stay in the room. The windows could be opened to enjoy the fresh Napa air. The suite had a separate sitting area, refrigerator, microwave, corkscrew and even real wine glasses. The whirlpool was in the bathroom.

The front desk went out of their way to help each guest. I asked for a simple butter knife and the agent took the time to the back and roll up a set of silverware for me with a real cloth napkin. The little details count here. It was the beginning of March, so I believe the heated pool and hot tub are open year round. The free breakfast was very good. They even served it on real plates.

This hotel was an excellent choice! They proved that they value our business. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel... view of the local neighborhood.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hippo5
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Hippo5,

It is just awesome that you took the time to post a review. I am very grateful. .

Trip Advisor is such a great way to review your stay, and your review was just tremendous, thank you.

I am glad you enjoyed your upgraded room. We were excited that we were able to do it.
Our Choice Members are important to us and we want you to feel important.

The Napa Winery Inn, for all intense and purpose is a brand new hotel. We started with our new name in May of 2012, when we became the Napa Winery Inn. As you mentioned in your response, we did convert from Quality Inn to an Ascend Collection Member on February 5, 2013. This was largely in part due to all of the room upgrades; including new carpet, beds, bedding, flat screen televisions and lobby/café remodel, with our daily complimentary hot breakfast, with real plates, real glasses, real silverware, and cloth napkins. A nightly complimentary wine pouring is also included with cheese, crackers and fruit.

I have been at this property for 20 years and have never been more proud of my second home. We are very fortunate to have a staff that has been with us for many years, a staff that love what they do, and I am so happy they conveyed that to you.

Our pool and hot tub are open all year; however, the pool is solar heated so in the winter it can be a bit on the cold side. The hot tub is heated all year.

Again, thank you. Please come and see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 February 2013

For a Quality Inn, I am very very impressed with the quality and services of this hotel. Customer Service is excellent, from the second I walked into the hotel lobby to when I checked out of the hotel. In addition, the bed is super comfy, although the height of the headboard of the bed is a little awkward. Even though each hotel room is renovated, they did not replace the cabinets and doors, so it still has that "old" smell to it. Other than that, the experience was superb. BTW, the complimentary breakfast wasn't too bad at all......

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank C C
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear C.C.,

It is great that you not only took the time to post a review, but you posted pictures as well. You even have a shot of our brand new lobby. Just terrific!

Thank you for your comments regarding your room, and thank you for bringing them to our attention. I will personally look into it.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff. I am very proud of them, and am happy to hear from you that they are doing a phenomenal job. I will make sure to let them all know you had a great stay.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. With the completion of the Lobby and Café where we serve our Complimentary Hot Breakfast, we have been accepted as an “Ascend Hotel Collection Member.” The new adjacent Restaurant/Brew Pub “Oventi” is a great addition as well, and you can now order room service from them.

We hope to see you back here soon.

Madurai, India
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed here with a friend a couple of months ago in November 2012. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the price was very reasonable. The location of the hotel was convenient and pretty easy to find. We were going out to do some wine tasting, and the front desk staff gave us 2 for 1 coupons for various vineyards, which I appreciated. Plus, there were warm snicker doodles at the front desk when we returned later that evening! We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Flintrommel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great that you liked our location. I think we have the best location as well. It’s always nice to hear you found our staff accommodating. We love our guests and it is the best part of our jobs to help our guests have a memorable stay. We are lucky enough to get the 2 for 1 coupons form various wineries. We are lucky to be able to live and work in a place that is just beautiful.

The cookies are new to us, we just started baking cookies in September and we have found that our guests really like warm, fresh baked cookies in the afternoon after a day of tasting wine.

I hope that you can return and see all the wonderful changes that have been done since you stayed. We now have a Brand New Lobby, with New Front Desk and Bistro Breakfast Area. We also just became an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

San Francisco
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The rooms are reasonable and accommodating. Price is right for what Napa offers. Staff are helpful and nice. The adjacent restaurant (Oventi) is a great addition to the location. It was very convenient and pleasant for us (family of 4) to just walk to a decent restaurant without driving around the town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear Fred C,

It is so great to hear from you. Thank you for posting a review, it is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. It is nice to hear that you liked “Oventi” the adjacent restaurant. They are starting to pick up steam since opening in September of 2012. They are a great addition and it is nice that you can just walk right over there.

I do hope that you can return soon and see the new lobby with the bistro setting for breakfast. All with brand new hardwood floors, chandeliers, and new front desk. We have also been accepted into Choice Hotel’s “Ascend Collection” in February 2013. It is all very exciting and we would love to share it with you.

Hope to see you soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Lobby is completely torn up and you enter thru a back door to a makeshift desk. Not a fan of the location as far as scenery goes. Rooms are small and average. Staff was accomodating enough. Disappointing!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jean M,

Thank you for posting a review. We really appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately, at the time of your stay we were completing a lobby remodel. We tried to limit the intrusion to our guests as best we could by building a wall and relocating our front desk temporarily. I do apologize for any inconvenience to you.

I love the area we are in, especially in the early mornings when you can look out your window and see the sky filled with balloons.

We have just completed a renovation, including new carpet, flat screen televisions, new beds, and new bed linen with comforters. With these new changes we have been accepted into the "Ascend Collection" of Choice Hotels.

I hope you will consider returning, we would love to see you here again.

kensington
Reviewed 5 January 2013

A european family (grandmother, mother, with an infant and also an active three year old kid) travelling through California, bursted into the hotel one late Thursday evening after several unsuccessful attempts getting a place to sleep at a reasonable price in Napa valley. We were immediately booked into two adjacent rooms, the staff swiftly brought us everything we needed and were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were far better than we would have expected at this price; spacious, but cosy, fine furniture, good beds, nice bathrooms and everything was very clean and in good shape. Although the hotel lies close to the highway, we did not hear any noise from the road, the windows were good and the room airconditioned. Only downside is that we missed a place to relax outside the room in the evening. Breakfast was tasy and simple. Thumbs up for this inn!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the west side of the hotel, away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Elisabeth I,

Thank you so much for posting a review. We so enjoyed having you stay with us.
I am glad that we were able to accommodate your requests.

We had just completed a renovation in July, with new carpet, new beds, bedding,
and flat screen televisions. Our breakfast buffet and wine pouring began then as
well.

I am sure happy that you got to enjoy yourselves and take it easy while you were here.
I know with a family sometimes it is not easy, but it is nice to hear that we could make
your stay a memorable one.

Hope to see you again soon. Take care.