“Helpful front desk”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alton
“Helpful front desk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We reserved a room for a conference which was held elsewhere in Napa. We stayed for 4 nights. We really appreciated David, Kadie & Jeffrey from the front desk. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was tasty, and the pool was great. We enjoyed Michelle's expertise at the wine tasting and also enjoyed time to mingle with other guests. We felt it was a great "base camp" for our winery experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Jeanne K,

What a great review. I have already shared this with David, Kadie, & Jeffrey. They enjoyed having their names mentioned. I loved sharing it with all of the staff. Thank you.
I really liked the the reference to us as a “Base Camp”. It actually fits us well. We are in such a great location, right at the beginning of the Valley and in between Napa and Sonoma. You can easily go visit wineries in both places. We are about 20 minutes from Sonoma and of course the first winery from us in Napa is less than 5 minutes away and they stretch up to Calistoga which is only about 26 miles or 30 to 40 minutes from us. So yes, “Base Camp”, it just fits.
I am glad you got a chance to stop by our Complimentary Wine Tasting. This is our first experience with it. Although we have been doing the wine pour since last March. We started out just having it on Friday and Saturday but it has been such a big hit that we have it 7 days a week now. It is great.
Thank you again for your great review, it is appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I selected this hotel from previous Trip Advisor reviews and am very glad we did. Comfortable clean room, free wi-fi acess, hot breakfast & a complimentary wine tasting every evening. The staff went above and beyond to help in any way. We had previously attended a wedding in San Francisco and stayed in a luxury hotel. My family and I said we wished that the SF hotel had reached the level of knowledge of the area & service this little hotel did. The only complaint, and it was minor, was we stayed on the second floor and there were a few times we could hear people walking above. Ask for a room on the third floor. We were given a great local map and a winery magazine filled with winery addresses and information. The Oventi restaurant across the parking lot was good for lunch, service wasn't the best, food was good if you need something close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Georgia_Fan561,

Amazing Review, thank you for posting it.
I love our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and Complimentary Wine Tasting times. I am lucky enough to be at the Hotel during both and I just love watching our guests interact with each other. I have seen many a friendship struck up during these times. The laughter is so contagious sometimes.
Our staff is pretty knowledgeable about Napa Valley. We have all pretty much lived in Napa for quite some time, a few like myself were born here and have lived here our whole lives. We are lucky in our industry as most of the wineries invite hospitality staff to visit their property and learn about them so we in turn can recommend them to our guests. We encourage all of our staff to take part in this. It really makes a difference.
Thank you again, your review was just awesome.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean and staff was helpful. It is not luxurious but it is has what you need to have a great visit in Napa. The location was good. The breakfast quick and easy although a bit basic. They had a wine tasting at the hotel each night we were there - we did not get to try it but it was thoughtful. For the price this hotel delivered on what it promised.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear RebeccaB,

Thank you for posting a review.
I am happy to hear that you had a great stay. I am sorry to hear though that is sounds like you were not wowed. I hope that you can come back again so that we can give you a WOW experience. I am glad that we delivered on what was promised, but we really strive to do more than that. So in your case even though you went away happy, I feel that we could have done more.
We are continually changing our complimentary hot breakfast, adding items as we hear comments from our guests on what they might like to see.
Give me a call when you can come back. We would love to have you stay with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Napa Winery Inn for 2 nights in October. My friend and I both had a brilliant experience here. The lovely Krista checked us in and definitely looked after us very well. The lovely Jeffrey helped us with our many bags and was always lovely when we saw him around the inn. The inn was beautiful with the comfiest beds and pillows and a very homely feel. Krista gave us a $50 voucher to use at Fume Restaurant next door which was an amazing food experience. Krista also assisted us in locating wineries to head to the afternoon we arrived, as we did not arrive into Napa until late, and provided suggestions for the following day. Our experience could not have been better at Napa Winery Inn. All the staff we met were wonderful and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Courtneyedgley,

Wow, thank you ever so much for the wonderful review.
I am ecstatic that you had such a good stay. I just love hearing about it. It sounds like both Krista and Jeffrey did a great job. I love being able to read these reviews during our daily stand up and to be able to share them with all of our staff. It really gets the morale going for everyone, so thank you again.
I am so glad that you had a great experience. I hope that you will come again and perhaps we can suggest some things to do that you did not get a chance to do on your previous stay. Just give us a call.
Thank you again for your review.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our room was close to the lobby so it was a bit noisy. Staff was helpful with Napa winery touring and had select 2 for 1 comp tickets to access some tasting rooms. The area map was valuable and will use this again. Great dining recommendations; one was even within walking distance. There is a guest pc and printer off the lobby. (Easy wireless access in our room.) Will stay here again next Napa visit.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank UNCTraveler2019
Dear UNCTraveler2019,

So good to hear from you. Thank you for your review.

It is always nice to hear that you enjoyed interacting with our staff. I just love them. They love what they do and I think it shows.
I am glad you liked the map we use. It gives a great overview of the Napa Valley and shows almost all of the wineries. I wish all of the wineries gave out the 2 for 1 wine tasting coupons, but the ones we do get are great. We all enjoy giving them out to our guests, and of course sending you to our favorites.
Thank you for mentioning the restaurant, I believe you mean the Fume Bistro, just around the corner. Fume Bistro is one of my favorites in Napa. The food is always great and the service is always outstanding, and the price is moderate. Love it.
Thank you again. I hope the next time you are in the area you will stop in and see us and stay for a while.
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel was perfect for our needs. We stayed 2 nights. Room was right sized for two people and could have fit a rollaway for third person if needed. Facility and room were clean, staff was courteous, attentive and most helpful with the sightseeing opportunities. Great location for winery tours. Breakfast was simple, continental style including hot eggs, sausage and bacon. The daily wine tasting at 5:30pm seemed popular, but we had enough of that throughout the day, so we passed. If you're looking for the upscale, pampered accommodation, this is not the place. But if you're looking for a good place to stay to energize for the next day of tastings, this is the right place. By the way, the adjacent Fume Bistro is great and the BBQ joint a few doors down had great salads and pulled pork sandwiches.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear WDI_24,
Your review was very thoughtful, and appreciated.
I just love hearing from our guests. Good or not so good. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we fit your needs.
We are very lucky to be in the location that we are. Like you said we have Fume and Red Rock (BBQ) right around the corner. They both have the yummiest fare.
Our breakfast has been upgraded. We used to have a continental breakfast with pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. We have recently added the hot items, eggs, sausage, & bacon. We also have added the fresh muffins, (blueberry, chocolate cream cheese, & bran) as well as 3 kinds of croissants, 3 kinds of bagels, and 3 choices of breads, and we still have the cereals, yogurts, hardboiled eggs, and two choices for milk, and juice, and more. The greatest part is the real napkins, real silverware, real plates, and real glassware. I think it gives breakfast a homier feel. It is so nice to watch our guests interact with each other during breakfast.
Thank you again for sharing your stay with us. Please come and visit us again soon.
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in September. I do not have one complaint about our stay. Krista checked us in for our stay and was there to help us if needed every day we were at the inn. She was very professional, courteous and happily answered any of our questions. The inn was easy access to the wineries and traffic noise was never an issue during our stay. Rooms were clean and the property was well maintained. We would not hesitate to stay again at the Napa Winery Inn and hope to do so again sometime in the future.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Pattyal,

What a great review. Thank you!
I am so happy that you mentioned Krista in your review. She is the best. I have had the pleasure of working with her for the past 12 years. She truly loves what she does and it is reflected in our happy guests. So again, thank you.
I like your statement about the traffic noise not being an issue. I have worked at this property for the past 21 years and really, traffic noise has never been an issue. Our hotel rooms do not face the highway and we are far enough off of the highway for it not to be an issue. I think quite a few of our guests are pleasantly surprised by this.
I also love our rooms. We have the best housekeeping staff, and the new comforter and linens, just brighten everything up. I just love the new look.
I hope you can come visit us again in the near future and see even more new changes. Thanks again.