“Comfortable but noisy.”

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place is comfortable, the room is spacious and clean, the bed is huge. Having just come from a cramped and expensive San Francisco hotel, this place just felt nice. The staff is superb, there's a great bed and breakfast friendly feel. I have to mention David, he was check in and concierge in one, he spent about 20 minutes describing which wineries to go to and gave us plenty of passes for 2 for 1 tastings. He was just so friendly, something you remember when you stay at a place.

That being said, unfortunately the walls are thin in the rooms. You don't hear neighbors talking but you hear everyone else taking a shower and walking upstairs above you. I'm a light sleeper, with earplugs I was able to sleep pretty well despite the noise. I would recommend asking for a top floor room and not facing the highway. The highway noise isn't too bad if the windows are closed. There's a simple breakfast, bacon, eggs, bagels. The water pressure in the shower is nice enough. We could only get the room with a two day stay minimum, I don't know if that's standard. We came during a long weekend and booked a night before so we paid like $240. At least internet was included with that. We paid a high price for it but it was worth it for us in the end to not have to drive back and forth into SF after a long tipsy day in Napa!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyan C
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Joyan C,
Thank you for posting a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do this.
It is nice to see that David showed you our best side. David is one of the best. We are lucky to have him. We are also very fortunate to have the 2 for 1 wine tasting coupons. They do come in handy. Not all of the wineries give them out, but those who do are very nice for doing so. Napa Valley can get expensive and every little bit helps.
I know you mentioned that you had to stay two nights. Unfortunately in a destination city like Napa Valley, most of the hotels do require a two night minimum stay on Saturday and usually Friday and Saturday, but with all of the wineries here, two days goes by just like that. The rates December through April are usually lower. I don’t think people realize that fall/winter is a great time to visit the Valley. The wineries are less crowded and they take more time with you, traffic is better. Napa usually has such mild weather throughout the winter, you should come and see for yourself. We would love to have you back.
Thank you again for posting such a nice review.

There are newer reviews for Napa Winery Inn

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Excellent place to stay. The hotel was centrally located halfway between downtown and all the vineyards. The rooms were clean and the facilities were well kept. We were in Napa for a wedding, and the hotel was so accommodating and let us use a conference room to get ready in. The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful in meeting all our needs and giving great recommendations. Breakfast was served every morning and they offered a wine tasting in the evenings. We will definitely stay here again.

Dear Jennifer C,
What a nice review, thank you.
One thing that we are definitely sticklers about is cleanliness. Cleanliness comes first here. I know myself as a traveler, I can put up with just about anything except an unclean room. The next thing I look for is a friendly staff. I am so proud of our staff here. Thank you for mentioning them. I think it really helps that we have all been here for years. We all have a good rapport with each other which I fell comes across to our guests.
I am just so happy you had a good time. I hope you can come back and visit us again. I know you were here for a wedding, so maybe next time you will get a chance to explore the Valley. We are always here to help with suggestion and directions. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the moment that we set foot into this hotel we felt pampered. Great desk people, wine tasting at night. The rooms and the beds were clean and wonderful. I would go back to this property in a heartbeat. If you are visiting Napa here's the place to stay. The people here more than make up for any "cookie Cutter" rooms and if indeed as some say it's a refurbished Hotel, they did an excellent job.

Room Tip: The hotel has been build with the customer in mind any room is great and very quiet

Dear Citydude47,
Thank you so much for posting a review, and such a nice one at that.
It is great to hear that our staff took care of you.
I am glad you mentioned the beds. They are new, as well as the carpet, linen, and comforters. I really like our rooms.
The wine tasting in the evening is new as well and is quickly becoming my favorite time of the day. I just love listening to all of our guests share their day with each other.
I sure hope you can come and visit us again. We are making some more changes over the next few months and would love for you to see them.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

All the reviews about this place are right on. Kade and David at the front desk were excellent. So super helpful and so accommodating. Wine tasting at night was a good touch :-) continental breakfast was as good as it could be and hey it's free! The rooms are SUPER clean, a little outdated but seriously your in there to sleep so it really didn't matter. It has everything you need and is in a great location, close to everything. I would absolutely stay here again hands down.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear ChrisCam2,
Thank you! Thank you!
I think it is terrific that you got to meet Kadie and David, and they showed you their best. They are my two shining stars. Just love them. I certainly got lucky with those two.
I am glad you enjoyed the wine tasting in the evening. It is new and has been such a hit we are going to continue it throughout the whole year. It is a great way to meet new people. Just a great time to gather and relax after a day of Winery Touring and just before dinner.
Thanks again, come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our two day trip to Napa was a little late in the planning. We were not able to get the resorts or B & Bs that we had hoped to book. We settled on the Napa Winery Inn because it had king size beds and was close to the restaurants. This is an old hotel that has been refurbished, mostly! The rooms are cookie cutter small, think Motel 8. The pillows were not comfortable but worse than that were the towels. They were pretty much threadbare. But, the staff were so FRIENDLY and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. With a few minor improvements this hotel will be very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank barbinbarbados
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Barbinbarbados,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the towels. I have passed this on to our management team and we have changed our towels. Also, we are going to start providing our guests with a few options for pillows. Everyone has their favorite type of pillow, granted we won’t be able to make everyone happy but at least there will be options to choose from. Fat, Fluffy, Flat, Squishy etc.
I hope that you can return and give us another try.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A repurposed Quality Inn, this is a very comfortable place to stay while visiting the wineries and other sites. The location is ideal, just north if the crowded town of Napa, an easy ride to most of the wineries which are north of Napa, and right off the main drag (Route 29). The rooms are large and clean, the bathroom is modern with good toiletries. There is a free wine tasting every day at 5:30 and free breakfast in the mornings. The breakfast fare is varied, including hot items. The staff was pleasant and helpful. When we had to leave a day early for a personal matter, the staff canceled the day with no questions asked.

1  Thank BronxSteve

Dear BronxSteve,
Great to hear from you. What a lovely review. Thank you.
You are correct, we started out as a Quality Inn. We discovered that, although Quality Inn is a perfectly good hotel, we wanted to stand alone. We wanted to be more of a Boutique Hotel, so we instead became an Ascend Hotel Collection Member. This would give us the freedom to give our guests more of what you would expect from a Boutique Napa Valley Hotel, such as; Real plates, silverware, glassware, cloth napkins, 37 inch flat screen televisions, Complimentary Hot Breakfast each morning and Complimentary Wine Tasting each evening, with some yummy edibles. We offer Gilchrist & Soames soaps, shampoo, & conditioner. It is important to us that our guest’s feel that they are getting value for their dollars, and that value is different for everybody. So, to that end we are continually putting back into the hotel as much as possible. I have been with this property for 21 years. I have never been more proud of where I work, and the people that I work with. Everyone here always puts their best foot forward.
I am sorry that you had to leave a day early, but glad that we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that you can return again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Spent 2 nights here to visit wine country. Hotel right off of main road to wineries. Staff is superb, they are very attentive to detail and even though the property is older the public areas and rooms are spotless. Again the staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again during next visit to Napa.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Urlacher54,
Great review, thank you. It is appreciated.
I was so excited to share your review with the staff. It just brings a great big smile to everyone’s face. I try to tell the staff what a great job they are doing, but it means so much more when it comes from the guests, so thank you for taking the time.
I hope that you can come again soon. It is really nice for us to see a familiar face at check in.