“Wonderful Stay in the Perfect Location”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Napa Winery Inn was the cherry on top of our awesome trip to Napa. Here is a summary of the highlights of our stay:

- Super friendly staff that was more than accommodating to our needs.
- Location is easily accessible from the highway and you are only a few minutes drive from downtown and some of the best wineries Napa has to offer.
- Rooms were very clean and the beds made for a great night of rest.
- There are always FREE cookies in the lobby :)
- They offer the guest a FREE wine tasting feature great wines from nearby wineries.
- The FREE breakfast each morning was great as well. They offer a fair variety of items to eat there or grab and go on your way out if you are in a hurry.

Highly recommend staying here for anyone visiting Napa. Our 2 day stay here was fantastic and we would stay here again without thinking twice. Thanks for making our first trip to Napa very pleasant.

3  Thank Neal A
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Neal A,
Hi there, thank you very much for posting such a great review. I love how you posted the highlights.
I am ecstatic that you had such an awesome trip and that we were part of it. I hope you make Napa one of your trips every year, and make us the place to stay. We enjoy seeing familiar faces at check in.
Thank you again for such a perfect review.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

For the rate I was surprised how this hotel had some updates but not others. It shows its age in strange spots but I still gave it very good because the room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable, the staff very friendly and the location was great. The continental breakfast was what any Choice Hotel brand's continental breakfast would be and satisfied our needs. They had fresh baked cookies when we arrived, delicious fruit infused water and coffee throughout the day. Also there is a wine and cheese complimentary cocktail hour from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. It was central to Napa and not too far to any point of interest in the area. I would recommend this hotel but would encourage additional updates to room fixtures. I did not find our room on the second floor noisy at all. Quite the contrary, it was very quiet....may have been the amount of wine we had been drinking though, tough to say.

Room Tip: We found the second floor to be very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy W

Dear Randy W,
What a nice review, thank you.
We were purchased in May of 2012. We started renovations in July 2012, and they are continuing as I am writing this to you. It is all very exciting. I have been at this property for a long time. I am so proud of how far we have come. I think this is why you see some updates but not others. We started with carpet, linens, comforters, chairs, shower curtains, draperies, valences, hardwood floors in the lobby, added the lobby café for breakfast, and the new front desk. This is just our second winter as the Napa Winery Inn. I am happy to say that the renovations are continuing.
In May of 2013 we started the Wine Tasting in the evenings. Wow, that has been a big hit. I love listening to our guest’s converse about their day. So much fun.
I really hope that you can come back and see all of the new changes.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place is comfortable, the room is spacious and clean, the bed is huge. Having just come from a cramped and expensive San Francisco hotel, this place just felt nice. The staff is superb, there's a great bed and breakfast friendly feel. I have to mention David, he was check in and concierge in one, he spent about 20 minutes describing which wineries to go to and gave us plenty of passes for 2 for 1 tastings. He was just so friendly, something you remember when you stay at a place.

That being said, unfortunately the walls are thin in the rooms. You don't hear neighbors talking but you hear everyone else taking a shower and walking upstairs above you. I'm a light sleeper, with earplugs I was able to sleep pretty well despite the noise. I would recommend asking for a top floor room and not facing the highway. The highway noise isn't too bad if the windows are closed. There's a simple breakfast, bacon, eggs, bagels. The water pressure in the shower is nice enough. We could only get the room with a two day stay minimum, I don't know if that's standard. We came during a long weekend and booked a night before so we paid like $240. At least internet was included with that. We paid a high price for it but it was worth it for us in the end to not have to drive back and forth into SF after a long tipsy day in Napa!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyan C

Dear Joyan C,
Thank you for posting a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do this.
It is nice to see that David showed you our best side. David is one of the best. We are lucky to have him. We are also very fortunate to have the 2 for 1 wine tasting coupons. They do come in handy. Not all of the wineries give them out, but those who do are very nice for doing so. Napa Valley can get expensive and every little bit helps.
I know you mentioned that you had to stay two nights. Unfortunately in a destination city like Napa Valley, most of the hotels do require a two night minimum stay on Saturday and usually Friday and Saturday, but with all of the wineries here, two days goes by just like that. The rates December through April are usually lower. I don’t think people realize that fall/winter is a great time to visit the Valley. The wineries are less crowded and they take more time with you, traffic is better. Napa usually has such mild weather throughout the winter, you should come and see for yourself. We would love to have you back.
Thank you again for posting such a nice review.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Excellent place to stay. The hotel was centrally located halfway between downtown and all the vineyards. The rooms were clean and the facilities were well kept. We were in Napa for a wedding, and the hotel was so accommodating and let us use a conference room to get ready in. The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful in meeting all our needs and giving great recommendations. Breakfast was served every morning and they offered a wine tasting in the evenings. We will definitely stay here again.

Dear Jennifer C,
What a nice review, thank you.
One thing that we are definitely sticklers about is cleanliness. Cleanliness comes first here. I know myself as a traveler, I can put up with just about anything except an unclean room. The next thing I look for is a friendly staff. I am so proud of our staff here. Thank you for mentioning them. I think it really helps that we have all been here for years. We all have a good rapport with each other which I fell comes across to our guests.
I am just so happy you had a good time. I hope you can come back and visit us again. I know you were here for a wedding, so maybe next time you will get a chance to explore the Valley. We are always here to help with suggestion and directions. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the moment that we set foot into this hotel we felt pampered. Great desk people, wine tasting at night. The rooms and the beds were clean and wonderful. I would go back to this property in a heartbeat. If you are visiting Napa here's the place to stay. The people here more than make up for any "cookie Cutter" rooms and if indeed as some say it's a refurbished Hotel, they did an excellent job.

Room Tip: The hotel has been build with the customer in mind any room is great and very quiet

Dear Citydude47,
Thank you so much for posting a review, and such a nice one at that.
It is great to hear that our staff took care of you.
I am glad you mentioned the beds. They are new, as well as the carpet, linen, and comforters. I really like our rooms.
The wine tasting in the evening is new as well and is quickly becoming my favorite time of the day. I just love listening to all of our guests share their day with each other.
I sure hope you can come and visit us again. We are making some more changes over the next few months and would love for you to see them.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

All the reviews about this place are right on. Kade and David at the front desk were excellent. So super helpful and so accommodating. Wine tasting at night was a good touch :-) continental breakfast was as good as it could be and hey it's free! The rooms are SUPER clean, a little outdated but seriously your in there to sleep so it really didn't matter. It has everything you need and is in a great location, close to everything. I would absolutely stay here again hands down.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear ChrisCam2,
Thank you! Thank you!
I think it is terrific that you got to meet Kadie and David, and they showed you their best. They are my two shining stars. Just love them. I certainly got lucky with those two.
I am glad you enjoyed the wine tasting in the evening. It is new and has been such a hit we are going to continue it throughout the whole year. It is a great way to meet new people. Just a great time to gather and relax after a day of Winery Touring and just before dinner.
Thanks again, come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our two day trip to Napa was a little late in the planning. We were not able to get the resorts or B & Bs that we had hoped to book. We settled on the Napa Winery Inn because it had king size beds and was close to the restaurants. This is an old hotel that has been refurbished, mostly! The rooms are cookie cutter small, think Motel 8. The pillows were not comfortable but worse than that were the towels. They were pretty much threadbare. But, the staff were so FRIENDLY and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. With a few minor improvements this hotel will be very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank barbinbarbados
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Barbinbarbados,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the towels. I have passed this on to our management team and we have changed our towels. Also, we are going to start providing our guests with a few options for pillows. Everyone has their favorite type of pillow, granted we won’t be able to make everyone happy but at least there will be options to choose from. Fat, Fluffy, Flat, Squishy etc.
I hope that you can return and give us another try.