“lovely weekend”

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My son, his wife, new baby and dog were looking for a nice, reasonable place to stay in Napa. He wanted my husband and I to join them. Well, we had the best place, best price and the very best staff of any place I have stayed in a long time. Kadie was wonderful. She took care of getting us to different places and was very sweet. David was also very attentive. I am planning on coming back sooner, rather than later and would recommend this lovely place with the great breakfast and evening wine tasting to everyone. See you all soon. Mary Kurpiewski

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary K
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Mrs. Kurpiewski,
Thank you for your sweet review.
I am beyond happy that Kadie and David took such good care of you. I can’t wait to share your review with them. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing and hearing that our guests are happy.
I think I have said it before, but the Complimentary Wine Reception hour is my favorite time of the day. All of our guests get to mingle together. I have seen more friendships struck up in that hour. I am glad you enjoyed it as well.
Thank you again for your review. See you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I reviewed many hotels for our stay in Napa this past November, and finally settled on Napa Winery Inn. It was just as described, with helpful staff, wonderful breakfasts and a evening Happy Hour to socialize with other travelers . We booked 2 double beds and our room was lovely, with plenty of floor space, and nice bathroom. I would say it offered every amenity for our needs. Also it was easy to find on GPS, right off rt. 24.

Room Tip: we asked for a room in back because we are light sleepers, but at that time of year I don't thin...
4  Thank birkalou
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Birkalou,

Wow, such a nice review. It just warms my heart that you took the time in this busy month to post it. Thank you.
It’s just terrific that you enjoyed your stay, and the staff was helpful to you. I love our breakfasts as well. I think the scrambled eggs are really good. I enjoy the croissants too.
You know what I am really happy with is our new shower rods. We changed to the curved shower rods and it really does give you more room in the shower. I am going to get one for my house.
Thank you again. Your review is really appreciated.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Inn was very nice, rooms were generous and clean! Pool area was beautiful, but what made this In n special was the staff. They were very helpful, accommodating, and generous. I would recommend this hotel again in a second! Oh, and daily wine tasting was good as well!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Laurie C

Dear Laurie C,

Thank you for posting a review. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am always happy to hear that our staff is doing their job and making our guests feel welcome. Our guests are very important to us and we want them to feel that way, a home away from home.
I hope you can come again. We are always changing and ever evolving to make our guests experiences new and fresh each time. We would love to have you back.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

What more can I say! Relatively central to downtown Napa and the South end of the valley this is a good place to make your base for visiting wineries in the area. One added feature is their own wine tasting session each evening! As for the price - negotiate! Very good staff, clean rooms, great beds!

Room Tip: The posted room rate should only be viewed as a suggested rate - ask for their 'best rate'!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tianti
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Tianti,
Thank you for the review of your stay with us.
I just love hearing from our guests, good and not so good. I am glad yours was a positive experience, and that you enjoyed your stay. I really think our staff is top notch. Honestly, it is really hard not to have a good time in the Napa Valley, as long as you have a clean room, a great hotel staff, and wine, am I right?
I hope you can visit the Napa Valley again, stop by and spend a few more days. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

You get a lot of bang for your buck at this hotel! All of the guestrooms have been recently redone. It's all clean and fresh. The breakfast is a great start to a day in the Napa Valley. Did I mention that it has a great central location? Right in between Napa and Yountville, so easy to find! The staff is super friendly and accomodating. We had such a great time. We can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank Susan B

Dear Susan B,
Hi, thank you for your most excellent review of our property and staff. It is always nice to hear when you have done and are doing a good job, of course I am a little prejudice since I have worked here forever. This is my home away from home, and that is how we want our guests to feel.
I am just really happy that you had such a good time, and we cannot wait for you to come back.
Take care, and thank you again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Napa Winery Inn was the cherry on top of our awesome trip to Napa. Here is a summary of the highlights of our stay:

- Super friendly staff that was more than accommodating to our needs.
- Location is easily accessible from the highway and you are only a few minutes drive from downtown and some of the best wineries Napa has to offer.
- Rooms were very clean and the beds made for a great night of rest.
- There are always FREE cookies in the lobby :)
- They offer the guest a FREE wine tasting feature great wines from nearby wineries.
- The FREE breakfast each morning was great as well. They offer a fair variety of items to eat there or grab and go on your way out if you are in a hurry.

Highly recommend staying here for anyone visiting Napa. Our 2 day stay here was fantastic and we would stay here again without thinking twice. Thanks for making our first trip to Napa very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neal A

Dear Neal A,
Hi there, thank you very much for posting such a great review. I love how you posted the highlights.
I am ecstatic that you had such an awesome trip and that we were part of it. I hope you make Napa one of your trips every year, and make us the place to stay. We enjoy seeing familiar faces at check in.
Thank you again for such a perfect review.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

For the rate I was surprised how this hotel had some updates but not others. It shows its age in strange spots but I still gave it very good because the room was clean, the bed and pillows comfortable, the staff very friendly and the location was great. The continental breakfast was what any Choice Hotel brand's continental breakfast would be and satisfied our needs. They had fresh baked cookies when we arrived, delicious fruit infused water and coffee throughout the day. Also there is a wine and cheese complimentary cocktail hour from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. It was central to Napa and not too far to any point of interest in the area. I would recommend this hotel but would encourage additional updates to room fixtures. I did not find our room on the second floor noisy at all. Quite the contrary, it was very quiet....may have been the amount of wine we had been drinking though, tough to say.

Room Tip: We found the second floor to be very quiet and comfortable.
1  Thank Randy W

Dear Randy W,
What a nice review, thank you.
We were purchased in May of 2012. We started renovations in July 2012, and they are continuing as I am writing this to you. It is all very exciting. I have been at this property for a long time. I am so proud of how far we have come. I think this is why you see some updates but not others. We started with carpet, linens, comforters, chairs, shower curtains, draperies, valences, hardwood floors in the lobby, added the lobby café for breakfast, and the new front desk. This is just our second winter as the Napa Winery Inn. I am happy to say that the renovations are continuing.
In May of 2013 we started the Wine Tasting in the evenings. Wow, that has been a big hit. I love listening to our guest’s converse about their day. So much fun.
I really hope that you can come back and see all of the new changes.