“Nice location, not up to Hilton standards”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will start out by staying that I travel for work often and stay at Hilton properties. I got this hotel on Priceline for a pretty sweet deal. The hotel was a little dated. The property as maintained well for the age. I looked at what the going rate was, and I felt that it was a little over priced for what you get.

Breakfast was average for most hotels with a few hot items, yogurt, bagels and toast. I liked that they had the mugs and silverware on the tables.

The hotel had wine from 5.30 - 6.30 thought I was never around to grab a glass in time. Then again I was all over napa at the wineries, so I don't know if I wanted anymore. The staff was very friendly and there was ample parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pbekas23
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Pbekas23,
Thank you for your review of the Napa Winery Inn.
I would be remiss if I did not remark on the “not up to Hilton Standards” comment. We are of course not a Hilton property. The Napa Winery Inn is a very affordable, Napa Valley Boutique Hotel, that offers guests, amazing service, exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms. A complimentary hot breakfast that boasts 3 hot items, including eggs, sausage and bacon served on quality Fiesta Ware, with real silverware, cups, and glasses. We do not charge for parking, we do not have a resort fee, and our WiFi is complimentary as well.
As for location, I couldn’t agree with you more. We are very centrally located to downtown Napa just (5-7 minutes) to the south and the Wine Valley is just a short jaunt (begins 5 minutes) to the north.
I am sorry you did not get to enjoy the Manager’s Wine Reception. It is my favorite time of the day for our guests. Everyone tells of their day and I have seen so many new friendships emerge during this time.
I do hope that you will come back and stay again. We have many more enhancements on the horizon, and we would love for you to see them.
Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very convenient right off of Hwy 29. Accommodating staff, clean and comfortable rooms; allowed for early check-in with no hesitation. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. Close enough to the wineries for a short drive but enough distance to be quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brenda D.,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us.
It is always nice to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. I was glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. I love when that happens. We always try to have some rooms ready early so that our guests can arrive when the mood strikes. We are more than happy to hold luggage for our guests as well, if the room happens to not be ready when they arrive.
Thanks again, come see us soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would say the majority of reviews are accurate for this hotel. Stayed last weekend - Clean rooms, friendly reception, comfortable beds. My only critiques would be too small of an area for breakfast, and noise from vehicle traffic/sirens due to the proximity to Hwy 29 and fire station. This wasn't a deal breaker- bring your earplugs if you are a light sleeper. I booked the room through Expedia for a great deal in comparison to other hotels in the region. My friends and I visit Napa every year and have stayed at the Best Western Plus (Inn at the Vines), River Terrace Inn and Embassy Suites and would not hesitate to book this hotel again. Save your money for wine!

Dear Just_Moe,
Very nice review, thank you.
Just wanted to let you know that we are adding chairs & tables to the breakfast area. We are also going to have an area under the porte cochere during the warmer months for our guests to have breakfast outside, and in the evening we will have a fire pit. We are hoping to move the manager’s reception out there in the warmer months too.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice convenient location right off highway 29.

Easy drive to Napa wineries and restaurants.

Free wi-fi, breakfast and wine tastings.

Clean and comfortable rooms. Not really fancy, but very functional. Rooms were reasonably priced.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad L
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Response:
Dear Brad L,
Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay at the Napa Winery Inn.
We were happy to have you stay with us, and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to having you return, we hope it is soon.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We happened upon this hotel on a recent 3-day visit to Napa Valley. We walked in just as they were holding their nightly complimentary wine tasting for guests. Great timing! In addition to the wine, they had crackers and cheese and cookies. The staff was friendly and helpful - very professional and obviously well managed. They met the weeknight internet rate we had found. It's not a high-end fancy hotel but was a great value and we were very satisfied. We ended up staying extra nights rather than move on to other hotels. The Napa Valley is small enough that you can stay at one place and make day trips to explore the area. Across the parking lot was a really good Italian restaurant that we enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast was more and better than we expected. We found this hotel to be a great value and we would definitely stay again. I'm giving it an overall 5 rating based on the value and that it met all of our expectations for a mid-range priced hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyExplorer7752014

Hi HappyExplorer755,
Such a nice review. Thank you, we appreciate it.
We are absolutely lucky to have such an amazing staff. I am fortunate to have had them with me for many years.
I was excited that you decided to stay extra days and make us your base camp. It is actually nice that we are so close to everything. I think on map everything looks more spread out, but Calistoga is really only 26 miles from us, so about 30 or 35 minutes. Sonoma is only a 20 minute drive. Really close. We are right in the middle.
We hope to see you the next time you are in the area, we would love to see you again. Thank you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

2nd time staying here. Staff is top notch, breakfast has cloth napkins, silverware, and "real" plates, cups, saucers!! The food included was top notch. Entire place was spotless. Beds were very comfortable and the pillows provided were the best I've had in a long time! We stayed here when it was the John Muir Inn and the new owners take pride in the entire property.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet. Property outside was spotless also.

Dear ScorpioMoon,
Lovely review. Thank you for taking the time to post it, and thank you for returning to our hotel for a second stay. Great!
I am glad you enjoy our breakfast. Not many place have real silverware, napkins, plates and cups. I think it gives a homier feel.
I couldn’t be happier with all the changes the new ownership has made. It is a completely different hotel now. The only thing that has not changed is the staff and our commitment to our guests.
Thank you again, wonderful, just wonderful.
Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to Napa for a 3 day stay at Napa Winery Inn in March 2014 and were so pleased. The first person we meet behind the desk was Katie. Katie was amazing. She knew everyone and ensured she greeted us when we came and returned. She would talk with people and made them feel special. She was professional, knowledgable, and friendly. The room was nice and very clean. The women cleaning the rooms were great. We really enjoyed our stay there and it had a lot to do with Katie!!!! We will return again.

1  Thank Janice C

Response:
Dear Janice C,
Wow, what a great review. Thank you so, so much.
Kadie was excited to see her name in the review. We all love her, she is the best. You can really tell she loves her job. We are lucky to have her here.
I also shared your review with Housekeeping. All of the ladies have been with us for many years. They do a terrific job, and are such an essential part of our team.
Thank you again for all of your wonderful comments.