“Great friendly place to stay in wine country”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great friendly place to stay in wine country”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed with my husband and mother-in-law in early March. The hotel is situated right off of the highway which makes it easy to find and easy to get going to the wineries. We had breakfast every morning and it changed a bit everyday so as not to get bored with the same offerings. It was tasty and well attended to by the staff.
We thought it was a great value for the price and would stay again if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Denise M,

Thank you for posting a review, it is greatly appreciated.

I love hearing from our guests. Your review just made me smile. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you can come back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. Breakfast was good and they had a great wine event each night. Krista at the front desk gave great local tour and restaurant recommendations. Restaurant Fume is in walking distance and it was good food and drinks. We did platypus tours and loves them also.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Danshannon1,

Great of you to post a review, thank you.

I was excited to share this with Krista. She is the best, but alas, I am biased since we have worked together for the past 12 years. I am glad you found Krista’s recommendation helpful.

Platypus Tours is our absolute favorite. All of our guest just love them, and I am happy to hear you did as well.

I hope that you can come back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was swayed by its high ranking on trip advisor website and was somewhat disappointed. I paid over $200 and thought the amenities and location was lacking. This hotel is 3 miles from down town Napa and in a residential area (?). No other sites/attractions to walk to. Like mentioned before, it's located right next to the highway & the traffic is loud at night. That also impedes full enjoyment of the jacuzzi and pool outside.. Too noisy with cars blaring by. To make matters worse, our hallway was noisy during the morning hour rush for breakfast. The eating area is very small and the crowds gather quickly. Another gripe I have is the issue with the shower. It was a roll in shower for wheelchairs but that meant the water splayed everywhere. The hand held shower nozzle and the regular shower head ran simultaneously& nothing held the water in. Water pooled every where and seeped to the carpet. Im sure a simple fix is available but a shower should not be complicated. I do have to commend their customer service. They are quick to please and very friendly. Maybe a cheaper price would make this hotel a perfect fit for me.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway side and the first floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear waitingtoexhale,

Thank you for posting a review.

I am sorry that you found us to be overpriced. We are actually a very good value for Napa Valley
I would like to thank you for letting us know that you found the shower head in your room to be a challenge. I have already had maintenance look into this.

I would like to offer you to come back and give us another try, perhaps in the lower season when rates are not quite so high, and the winery traffic is a bit slower. To me November is an ideal time. The colors in the valley are magnificent and the weather is mild. The wineries are a bit slower and they really take more time with you.

I hope you will consider staying and thank you again for your review.
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked through an outside source and found the prices affordable for that location. The rooms were nice and very well maintained. The beds were very comfortable which was one of the the main things we were looking for. Very close to the main highway but still close enough to go to the river walk and see all of the restaurants and shops in the area. We had a great time and would recommend it to friends traveling to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello Bob L.,
What a nice review, thank you.
I am glad you liked the beds. They are new.
I also love that we are so centrally located. It is only a 5 to 7 minute drive to downtown. You can park anywhere downtown and just walk around. The Oxbow Market is a great place to shop and find many great things to eat.
Thanks again, I hope that you can return in the near future and visit with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will start out by staying that I travel for work often and stay at Hilton properties. I got this hotel on Priceline for a pretty sweet deal. The hotel was a little dated. The property as maintained well for the age. I looked at what the going rate was, and I felt that it was a little over priced for what you get.

Breakfast was average for most hotels with a few hot items, yogurt, bagels and toast. I liked that they had the mugs and silverware on the tables.

The hotel had wine from 5.30 - 6.30 thought I was never around to grab a glass in time. Then again I was all over napa at the wineries, so I don't know if I wanted anymore. The staff was very friendly and there was ample parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pbekas23
Dear Pbekas23,
Thank you for your review of the Napa Winery Inn.
I would be remiss if I did not remark on the “not up to Hilton Standards” comment. We are of course not a Hilton property. The Napa Winery Inn is a very affordable, Napa Valley Boutique Hotel, that offers guests, amazing service, exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms. A complimentary hot breakfast that boasts 3 hot items, including eggs, sausage and bacon served on quality Fiesta Ware, with real silverware, cups, and glasses. We do not charge for parking, we do not have a resort fee, and our WiFi is complimentary as well.
As for location, I couldn’t agree with you more. We are very centrally located to downtown Napa just (5-7 minutes) to the south and the Wine Valley is just a short jaunt (begins 5 minutes) to the north.
I am sorry you did not get to enjoy the Manager’s Wine Reception. It is my favorite time of the day for our guests. Everyone tells of their day and I have seen so many new friendships emerge during this time.
I do hope that you will come back and stay again. We have many more enhancements on the horizon, and we would love for you to see them.
Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.
Hayward, California
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very convenient right off of Hwy 29. Accommodating staff, clean and comfortable rooms; allowed for early check-in with no hesitation. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. Close enough to the wineries for a short drive but enough distance to be quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brenda D.,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us.
It is always nice to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. I was glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. I love when that happens. We always try to have some rooms ready early so that our guests can arrive when the mood strikes. We are more than happy to hold luggage for our guests as well, if the room happens to not be ready when they arrive.
Thanks again, come see us soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would say the majority of reviews are accurate for this hotel. Stayed last weekend - Clean rooms, friendly reception, comfortable beds. My only critiques would be too small of an area for breakfast, and noise from vehicle traffic/sirens due to the proximity to Hwy 29 and fire station. This wasn't a deal breaker- bring your earplugs if you are a light sleeper. I booked the room through Expedia for a great deal in comparison to other hotels in the region. My friends and I visit Napa every year and have stayed at the Best Western Plus (Inn at the Vines), River Terrace Inn and Embassy Suites and would not hesitate to book this hotel again. Save your money for wine!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Just_Moe,
Very nice review, thank you.
Just wanted to let you know that we are adding chairs & tables to the breakfast area. We are also going to have an area under the porte cochere during the warmer months for our guests to have breakfast outside, and in the evening we will have a fire pit. We are hoping to move the manager’s reception out there in the warmer months too.
Thank you again for your review.